Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

CCT: Saraki Won’t Resign Until Proven Guilty – Ndume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT: Saraki Won’t Resign Until Proven Guilty – Ndume (721 Views)

Saraki Won’t Benefit From Code Of Conduct Act Amendment — Senate / Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CCT: Saraki Won’t Resign Until Proven Guilty – Ndume by Topam: 7:57am On Feb 10, 2016
Senate President Bukola Saraki would not resign until proven guilty of the alleged false assets’ declaration being prosecuted by the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), Senate Leader Mohammed Ali Ndume has said.
Ndume said this yesterday while fielding questions from State House correspondents after leading a Senate delegation on a consultation visit to the Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
On the delegation were Senators Abdullahi Adamu and Dino Melaye. later, Ndume said.
On the calls for Saraki’s resignation, the Senate leader said: “Are you saying that the Senate President should be convicted before the trial? In our Constitution, you are considered innocent until proven guilty.”
Ndume said the Senate would be paying more regular consultation visits to the Presidency.
He said the Senate delegation was in the Villa because this was the first time the incumbent administration was having an acting president. Osinbajo has been acting as president since President Muhammadu Buhari embarked on a five-day vacation last Friday.
“This government is our government. I am the Senate Leader in this government. So, my coming here today [yesterday] is not supposed to be a new thing. My coming here should even be more regular,” he said.
“You should expect me to be coming here. Now, we have the budget as work in progress. We have the new Money Laundering Bill before the Senate. We have many things we are looking at. We have come to come and consult on these,” Ndume said
lalasticlala
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/cct-saraki-won-t-resign-until-proven-guilty--ndume/132967.html.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCT: Saraki Won’t Resign Until Proven Guilty – Ndume by feldido(m): 7:58am On Feb 10, 2016
Of course he will in fullness of time
Re: CCT: Saraki Won’t Resign Until Proven Guilty – Ndume by omowolewa: 8:37am On Feb 10, 2016
Still as expected.
Re: CCT: Saraki Won’t Resign Until Proven Guilty – Ndume by lawydewy(m): 8:58am On Feb 10, 2016
What are there plans, when the president is not around?

They can't confront the president with soft landing for Saraki,but pass it through the VP.

this is End time consultation!
Re: CCT: Saraki Won’t Resign Until Proven Guilty – Ndume by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 10, 2016
Ok
Re: CCT: Saraki Won’t Resign Until Proven Guilty – Ndume by Aufbauh(m): 10:19am On Feb 10, 2016
We the deep thinking progressives will not want him to resign until he is pronounce guilty because we will like to ride on the news of his removal to boost our credibility and launder the corrupt image they've given to our dear nation before the international community.

We will like to hear that :
The Senate President was impeach because he convicted for falsified assets declaration and money laundering.

The immediate past NSA Rtd Col Dasuki was convicted for arms deal corruption and criminal breach of trust against the state.

The main opposition spokesman Mr Metuh is convicted for conspiracy and theft of public funds.

A media guru Mr Dokpesi who orchestrated the smeared campaign of calumny against the president was prosecuted and found wanting of criminal conspiracy, theft and money laundering.

The fraudster secessionist warlord Mr Nnamdi Kanu who campaign vigorously for the PDP and took to hate and weapon against the state was convicted for treasonable felony and sentenced to.............., we meet to part and part to meet Dilector! cheesy
Re: CCT: Saraki Won’t Resign Until Proven Guilty – Ndume by Iroh88(m): 10:35am On Feb 10, 2016
Do our politicians, APC and PDP alike, know the meaning of the word "resign"?? That act is totally alien to them.
Re: CCT: Saraki Won’t Resign Until Proven Guilty – Ndume by olafum1(m): 10:40am On Feb 10, 2016
sad manza

The end shall justify the means

(1) (Reply)

4th Mainland Bridge, Now That APC Is In Power Who To Blame? / 2016 Budget Does Not Exceed N6.08 Trln — Lai Mohammed / Pics: Sports Minister Meets Former Head Of State, Yakubu Gowon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.