Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL (12982 Views)

BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets / Fayose Meets Soldiers At A Checkpoint, Narrates How He Ran Away From Army. PICS / Buhari Should Take Over Power Ministry -melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by obailala(m): 2:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
tiwiex:

Fixed charge vs 50% increase? Let them leave the fixed charge then. My crazy bill for a bungalow is now 22k a month. Light dey or not oh. He has no clue on that privatization scam and is listening to his fellow capitalists. Until Nigerians start begging food abi?
How can you pay 22k when you claim you have no light?
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by amtaken(f): 2:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
Coming from someone with such a moniker as yours, I should be very worried! If you are looking for your male version, sorry you gotta keep moving.

Unveil your feminism, maybe some boys here can hire you. As for me, am a female just like yourself.

Bye marketer.

ashewoboy:

Change your dp, e don too tey for dere.

We need another picture of you to know the authenticity of your gender.
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by meccuno: 2:19pm On Feb 10, 2016
Manred0:
Pls, if u don't hv anytn meaningful to contribute, shut da Bleep up. angry
are u a zombie?
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by ashewoboy(m): 2:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
amtaken:
Coming from someone with such a moniker as yours, I should be very worried! If you are looking for your male version, sorry you gotta keep moving.

Unveil your feminism, maybe some boys here can hire you. As for me, am a female just like yourself.

Bye marketer.

You are not a female jooorh. Look at you, one picture since all these days. Is dat how other ladies do?

Btw, you are not the owner of that baby, u use the baby pose ni, cos the baby cute and that's not your house, you stay in ajegunle. Dats if you are truly the one on your dp.
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by meccuno: 2:23pm On Feb 10, 2016
Tunami:
but atleast am better than a zombie.
meaning he is the chief zombie? grin
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by Tunami(m): 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
meccuno:
meaning he is the chief zombie? grin
thank you my brother.
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by 2n2k(m): 2:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
Government should just ignore this noise-making Cacol or is it Cacoon

They shouted GEJ down on fuel subsidy. Three years later with trillions of naira down the drain, we are begging PMB govt to remove fuel subsidy.

They shouted on Yar'adua to reverse the sale of refineries in 2007, a decade later and tons of money on turn-around maintenance, the refineries hardly function and worth less now than they were in 2007.

They forced Obj not to sell Nitel. Nitel was eventually liquidated 15 years later at a price that could not even pay off its few staff.

If the electricity companies cannot break-even, how are they going to improve on provision of electricity? A poster suggested they should take bank loans. Will banks lend to a company that cannot generate enough revenue to pay back?

The CACOL that is now personalizing the increment to Fashola, where was it when the whole process started in January 2015? Was Fashola or even PMB in govt then? It was a good decision taken by GEJ govt to allow the NERC and electricity companies to review MYTO and set competitive prices for each region. Public hearings were conducted by the companies throughout the country. The noise makers didn't complain that time. The process was virtually completed ready for gazette by October 2015 before Fashola was appointed into govt. He didn't participate in the fixing of the tariffs and the law doesn't even permit the minister of power to do so. It is the responsibility of the Chairman of NERC to issue Regulatory Order on tariffs which Amadi did before vacating the position. Where is the corruption there?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by Xano(m): 3:26pm On Feb 10, 2016
abumeinben:
angry

The power sector isn't the island sector he "biasly" favoured and claimed he developed Lagos. I mean, I pay a fee to use a public road in lekki.

The housing scheme is only affordable by the elites.
You cannot build a house in Lagos without paying some tattered uneducated outlaws called omo omile, after you've settled the legal land deals with the state and local governments angry

A woman pepper seller who barely sells 2k a day would pay hell of a tax to same set of legalized agberos.

Oh! Have you ever had a chat with those keke riders? About the "whatever" money they pay to Indian hemp chimneys called ticketers?

All thanks to Mr fash.

Fashola, power ministry isn't island of Lagos. Whatever increment you impose, these arent Lagos, Abuja or PHC consumers, there are also sokoto's, taraba's, kebbi's and other region where 1k is a great deal.

Thank you. You made valid points. Small scale businesses(like business centres, shops) who use high voltage appliances may transfer the expenses to customers. This increment is not needed now.
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by AZeD1(m): 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
solidman59:
Fo0l, don't the GENCOs have banks to borrow from?
Which bank will borrow you money without a way to pay back?
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by IBBG(m): 3:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
the CBN can give them a grant or loan at very low interest rate for them to provide the services. when electricity becomes stable, they can now increase tariff
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by AZeD1(m): 3:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
sammhi:

stop deceiving the gullibles with this your fake analysis. I use to buy 6000 monthly and I get 375 units after the 750 and vat. Now without the 750 and same 6000 I got 262 units . So which is more ?
the difference is 113 units which can last me for more than a week....

The light is still same.. tariff will be worse do those with post paid.. Phcn will double the tariff sent to each person
Best to improve power first before hike....so it means we are paying the Phcn to enable them have money for their operations.. this is corruption ..
sure someone is getting some kick back from these hike
During Fash era, Lagos budget is always below 500bn despite oil boom, now with less oil Moni, Ambode first budget is over 150bn higher....
my point. This is how Fasola operates ....plenty Moni for a few things with lots of garnish
If you take Lagos as an example, using one million customers, the distribution company was guaranteed 750 million every month whether they provided light or not. Now that is gone, to make that sort of money, they'd have to provide some customers light.

Also part of the deal was you can only charge the new tariffs to people with meter(I can not speak on how that would be enforced).
Plus remember that electricity is now in the hands of private investors not the government, what do you think the price would be if the government takes it hands off completely?(How would you feel if the government told you how much to charge for your business or service)?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by wirinet(m): 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
The problem is not the hike itself, it is the corrupt tendency of the disco to charge estimated bills. The discos should have made sure everybody is metered before hiking the fees. They seem reluctant to deploy pre paid meters so as to continue scamming customers. The disco have no incentive to supply light to areas where they have no meters. They can bill them any estimate that comes to their mind, they just use the use the customers without meters to make up for their revenue shortfalls after collecting bills from metered customers.
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by soty4real: 4:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
quotequote:
Lalasticlala
http://tribuneonlineng.com/fashola-can%E2%80%99t-run-power-ministry-like-he-ran-lagos-%E2%80%94cacol
Fashiola, I beg fashy this idea
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by soty4real: 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
Obiagelli:
Looks like everyone has become clueless all of a sudden, this increase was part of the agreement with the discos from inception, in fact implementation has been delayed for too long.
Fashola has help us remove 750 naira fixed charge, nobody is talking about that one.

Meanwhile

YOU DID NOT READ MATHEMATICS WELL. THE EQUATION IS STILL NOT BALANCED. JUST INCREASE MY SALARY BY 45% FIRST. I WILL COMPLY
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by toggy: 6:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
The truth is that Nigerians cannot afford any increment at this time. where do you expect us to get the money from. what is the responsibility of government? if basic amenities cannot be taken care of without killing the masses with huge bills. the Minister believe masses must suffer. he has this trick of making people believe he is doing the best thing. he justify his action with fascinating words. i think we should face the reality, we need professionals to run the power sector i mean confirm Engineers who can identify the problems and proffer solution without playing politics with the lives of fellow Nigerians. sometime he was proposing to introduce toll fee, is this the way forward? at the end of the day we end up back to square one. suffering and smiling!

come to think of it. companies are not increasing salary, government are owing workers, mass unemployment, banks, oil companies and some companies are sacking their staff arbitrarily. Most government officials are highly sabotaging the economy of this country, they receive medicals abroad, their children school abroad, they go on vacation abroad, buy houses abroad, buy imported materials, employ expatriate to head their companies, all the money that are suppose to develop our economy are been spent abroad and invariably this sucked us seriously. this is a call for real change! government officials should go for more orientation programmes on Governance. degree or whatever is not enough. I pray and i continue to pray that God almighty will give us his true servant, people who fear God, selfless people who will govern this country in peace and progress.
May the labour of our heroes past, never be in vain. Amen.
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by kingGoldust(m): 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
googlepikin:
I didn't know fashola is a tout sef.

I don't know where nairaland get this small small pikin.
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by Ehinmola(m): 7:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmm
Uncle Fash, u seems not to be aware the hardship nigerian are passing thru.
Mr minister softly softly O.
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by icekidlilprinz: 9:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by Infinitikoncept(m): 5:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
Obiagelli:
Looks like everyone has become clueless all of a sudden, this increase was part of the agreement with the discos from inception, in fact implementation has been delayed for too long.
Fashola has help us remove 750 naira fixed charge, nobody is talking about that one.

Meanwhile

I really don't like taking you on cox its like you ate too much Aisha rice or you are sadistic or you get a good pay so even if its tripled it doesn't affect you. But sincerely if that trash you quoted saying 16 units robbery instead of 50units robbery then your wassce mathematics result will like be a G10 or H11 because you just shared a useless post without reading it to understand all because it suits your zombie status
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by Infinitikoncept(m): 6:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
AZeD1:

Are you going to provide the owners of the generating stations money to buy turbines?
Have they provided one before? Why didn't etisalat, GLO, MTN wait for FG to provide cables,power station for them? Its a profitable business. These blood suckers bought our investment over and want to make profit immediately
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by AZeD1(m): 6:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
Infinitikoncept:

Have they provided one before? Why didn't etisalat, GLO, MTN wait for FG to provide cables,power station for them? Its a profitable business. These blood suckers bought our investment over and want to make profit immediately
Comparing power sector to telcoms shows you have no idea of what you are talking about but let me indulge you, did anybody fix tariff price for MTN,Econet and Co when they started? Does anyone still fix the price for them?
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by Infinitikoncept(m): 6:55pm On Feb 11, 2016
AZeD1:

Comparing power sector to telcoms shows you have no idea of what you are talking about but let me indulge you, did anybody fix tariff price for MTN,Econet and Co when they started? Does anyone still fix the price for them?
Kindly state one single dam dix guys have constructed? Or a single equipment for power generation they have provided? Guess you don't know its a partly owned government facility which means price can't just be hiked anyhow. If I bring in solar station to Nigeria today I charge according to my discretion cox its capitalism but in dix case its a different ball game
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by AZeD1(m): 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
Infinitikoncept:

Kindly state one single dam dix guys have constructed? Or a single equipment for power generation they have provided? Guess you don't know its a partly owned government facility which means price can't just be hiked anyhow. If I bring in solar station to Nigeria today I charge according to my discretion cox its capitalism but in dix case its a different ball game
Lol at dam they have constructed.
You really have no idea about the power sector. If you want to know about generating equipments they have bought, take a trip to any of the stations and ask questions.
Re: Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL by Infinitikoncept(m): 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
AZeD1:

Lol at dam they have constructed.
You really have no idea about the power sector. If you want to know about generating equipments they have bought, take a trip to any of the stations and ask questions.
I can't stop laughing at guys like you. You claim you know so much but can't even mention one. Keep deceiving yourself. When you have proof on the crooks acclaimed investment bring it up

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu PDP Frowns At Destruction Of Its Billboards By Opposition Parties / Yahaya Bello Signs N4 Billion Erosion Control Projects / Abia PDP Ignores Ikpeazu, Vows To Challenge Alex Otti's Victory In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.