Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? (4561 Views)

DJ Arch Junior Winner Of South Africa Got Talent 2015 / If You Are To Have Extraordinary power, Merlin Or Kyle Who Will You Like To Be / Please Where Can I Find A Sample Nollywood Script (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? by Georgettes(f): 6:31am On Jul 05, 2009
I greet all of you. New to nairaland, don't know if this is the correct place to post this as I don't know much of this site.

Please does anyone know how i can find my/a talent, like i have so many dreams like singing, acting, model, writing books, charity organisation, artist, dancer, fashion designer, make up artist, best tailor, cook so much more but I don't know how to start or where 2 start 4rm. How can I get there?
pls stop by and help. thanx.
Re: How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 05, 2009
well first you have to sit down and ask yourself what are you good at? and then when you find out what it is that you are good at then you need to work at it to be even better.
some people are just born with a talent while other work into getting to the position that they are through their will and determination.
only you can figure out what this is and if you have what it takes.
after that you have to understand that you could still have talent and not get anywhere with it because of looks, wrong contacts, wrong attitude, wrong timing, wrong place and art (if you are a talented surfer living in Alaska then i dont think you will succeed over there).
you have to be dedicated to what you do and by the sound of things, you dont have it.
you seem to want to be extraordinary at "anything" so in a way, the art isnt really your focus, the extraordinary part is. in that way you will probably fail because you wont have the determination/will/dedication/love and perseverance it takes to be the best.
if you think that Venus and Serena are where they are because they woke up  one morning and decided that they wanted to be extraordinary at"anything" then you have a lot to learn.
find something that you enjoy doing and hope that you can excel at it.
you are confusing dreams with reality.
dreams are just that, DREAMS.
go to school. pick up a trade and put all your being into it fully!
- if you aint got a good voice then singing aint for you.
-  if you aint got skills to act or got stage fright then acting aint for you
- if you are 1m40 tall and ugly then modeling aint for you.
- if you have no writing skills maybe you should start by writing short stories and see if people like them.
- to run a charity is a profession like another that needs knowledge AND education
- artist is a wide range that can be singer/actor/comedian/etc
- dancer. do you know how many people can dance. to be a professional dancer takes more than just being able to dance to the latest Dbanj track
- do you have any sewing/design background? have you been to fashion design school?
your list is funny because you seem to be like all the kids of today who watch tv and say i want to be like this or that and out of the 100millions a handful will succeed because they had the talent for it and dedication.
your list is so vast that we can understand that you just want to be famous and nothing else. thinking like this is a sure way to be a big nothing.
first find something that you might want to do and put love/dedication/determination/will into learning everything about it and hopefully you might be better than the next man.
good luck and better have a fall back job( just in case).
Re: How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? by oyinda3(f): 7:06am On Jul 05, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

well first you have to sit down and ask yourself what are you good at? and then when you find out what it is that you are good at then you need to work at it to be even better.

asking urself doesn't help o. i've been asking myself for years n still don't kno ha
lol
Re: How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 05, 2009
oyinda.:

asking urself doesn't help o. i've been asking myself for years n still don't kno ha
lol

well if you cant figure it out by yourself  from what you know about you and love doing then how can a stranger truly know?! it means that you aint good at anything and you are just like the billions of people out there who just live their lives as "commoners"(its harder to accept for some). it might also be that you are good at something that is irrelevant to be extraordinary but the main point is that if you wake up in the morning thinking: "what can i be extraordinary at?" instead of "what do i enjoy doing?" then you are half way failing.
the people who are good/extraordinary at what they do are people that LOVE what they do and would do it for free and turned out extraordinary at it.
Re: How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? by oyinda3(f): 7:15am On Jul 05, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

well if you cant figure it out by yourself  from what you know about you and love doing then how can a stranger truly know?! it means that you aint good at anything and you are just like the billions of people out there who just live their lives as "commoners"(its harder to accept for some). it might also be that you are good at something that is irrelevant to be extraordinary but the main point is that if you wake up in the morning thinking: "what can i be extraordinary at?" instead of "what do i enjoy doing?" then you are half way failing.
the people who are good/extraordinary at what they do are people that LOVE what they do and would do it for free.

ouch

what's ur talent? and how did u find it out?
Re: How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? by Georgettes(f): 7:25am On Jul 05, 2009
MrBrownJay
I am not a kid but a young lady. I don't know if i have the skills but as for modelling i am good looking does not mean i know if it's my calling. Sewing, i have not tried but thise people too learn. I just want to get out there and shine aside working class something non academics
Re: How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 05, 2009
oyinda.:

ouch
what's ur talent? and how did u find it out?

ok dont get me wrong. what i meant was that you aint extraordinary like the Naomi, MJ, Tiger Wood, Michael Jordan etc etc
of course you are good at other stuff but nothing that will make people look at you in a godlike way.
so many people look at others  on tv and then they just want to have the same status not thinking that these people had the right talent, at the right time. doing the right art and being who they are. i am sure there are plenty of people that can sing around the world but not all will get the chance to get anywhere. its all down to luck

as for me, i have been dedicated to what i do and i have been doing something that i love dearly for as long as i can remember. so whenever i work (i work only 1 day a week, maybe 2 if i am busy), its just like a pleasure fun ride and YES i could do it for free . i am just lucky people pay me to do what i do.
i excel in what i do, better than the most i would say, but i would never be extraordinary at it. the catch is that what i gained from it is already more than i could ever expected from something i started doing for fun. for the last +10yrs everything extra has been a bloody bonus.
Re: How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? by oyinda3(f): 7:36am On Jul 05, 2009
i'm not georgette lol don't want to be looked at in a godlike way.

i guess anything close to the heart can seem extraordinary to u or ppl interested around u.
Re: How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? by Georgettes(f): 7:42am On Jul 05, 2009
when i say extraordinary, i mean something to touch people. i am a complete human being, who says i cant be a fashion designer? who says i cannot sing or something i just have passions but dont know where or how to start
Re: How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 05, 2009
Georgette$:

MrBrownJay
I am not a kid but a young lady. I don't know if i have the skills but as for modelling i am good looking does not mean i know if it's my calling. Sewing, i have not tried but thise people too learn. I just want to get out there and shine aside working class something non academics

ok i understand what you mean so let me ask you: do you think that you are better than most at what you can design and sew?
also as a model (i was joking about the beauty part), its not an easy market because although beauty is important, a person need to have great chemistry with the camera. some women could be fantastic looking but dead in the face of camera and vice versa. i mean look at Alek Wek, she isnt stunning looking but the chemistry she has with the camera is second to none.

you also have to understand that most people out there want to shine at what they do so it isnt something easy to achieve. in my view i would say that its more like luck and that as much as it could happen, it probably wont unless you put yourself 150% into it without any restraints(and even then you could still fail)
as a model, its pretty easy to figure out if you dont live in Africa. go to some casting agency, model agency etc and see how it turn out. you need to be patient and see how the responses from the agents will be. if you are in 9ja then i dont think there is a scene big enough to make any noise as a supermodel. but i might be wrong.
ok i might have misunderstood what you meant by finding your talent. this sounds more like a hobby then. yes, you could be whatever you wish to be then without it having any impact on your life. you could be a fashion designer but the key is to know what is the aim? do you wanna do it to free your mind and do something you like, without making any money or impact in the world? just to be happy within yourself?
Re: How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 05, 2009
Georgette$:

when i say extraordinary, i mean something to touch people. i am a complete human being, who says i cant be a fashion designer? who says i cannot sing or something i just have passions but dont know where or how to start

what are you passionate about? i am confused, do you want to find your talent for[b] you[/b] your inner peace or to touch others
Re: How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 05, 2009
oyinda.:

i'm not georgette lol don't want to be looked at in a godlike way.
i guess anything close to the heart can seem extraordinary to u or ppl interested around u.

well it all depends on what matters to you. is your own satisfaction the main purpose of it all or what people think of you?
deciding on what to do in life or in the future will have different meaning depending on what is important to you.
people get there happiness through different means.
i always believed that doing something you love was the only way to long lasting happiness, but thats just me.
Re: How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? by oyinda3(f): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

what are you passionate about? i am confused, do you want to find your talent for[b] you[/b] your inner peace or to touch others
she wants a job where she gets to interact with or satisfy others' needs.
Re: How Can I Find My Talent And Do Something Extraordinary? by Georgettes(f): 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2009
thanks mrbrownjay

(1) (Reply)

Revenge Of Shina Rambo Season 6 - 2017 Latest Nigerian Movies African Nollywood / Download IJOGBON 2023 Nollywood Movie / Nollywood Inferiority Complex: Portraying Traditional Religions As Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.