Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. (838 Views)

Buharinomics Is Working Despite The Initial Pains / Interrogating The Budget Of Buharinomics, By Femi Aribisala - Premium Times / [BUHARINOMICS] Is 1983 About To Repeat Itself? By Nairametrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. by fancyupage(f): 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
It is important to state that some currencies globally have fallen against the dollars in the last 2 years. Russian Roubles fell by 125%, Ghanaian New cedi fell by 66%, Brazilian Real fell by 64% and Nigerian Naira fell by 21% (Due to pegging).

You can look at the fact above and make a decision on 21% for Nigeria that is significantly dependent on foreign products and services without a manufacturing base. In comparison to Brazil and Russia who have manufacturing base. Apart from Ghana our economy is no match to Brazil and Russia who have had significant loss to their currencies. Artificial defence of Naira may only spell doom for our Naira in my opinion.

The law of supply and demand will not bow to Buharinomics because Adam Smith is the father of economics. Wishful thinking will not safe the Naira but a monetary policy that is devoid of emotion. We cannot eat our cake and have it, as long as we continue to demand for foreign products and the price of oil remain low, Naira WILL continue to fall, until an equilibrium is reached as postulated by proven economic theory of demand and supply.

Conclusively, I remember in my secondary school days, I read a book written by a renowned African professor, he said when the centre can no longer hold, THING WILL FALL APART. I hope the monetary policy of Nigeria does not lead to things falling apart for our economy, but unfortunately, HOPE alone may not be enough.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. by tyav7: 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
Re: Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. by Eebrahym(m): 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2016
adontunderstand what this one is saying jare cry
Re: Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. by GEJ2019(m): 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2016
If u ask lia Muhmd,he wud tel u to blame me
Re: Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. by MCMLXXVI(m): 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2016
Eebrahym:
adontunderstand what this one is saying jare cry

That's because, just like Buhari, you're a NEPA Bill graduate.
Re: Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. by Eebrahym(m): 6:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
MCMLXXVI:

That's because, just like Buhari, you're a NEPA Bill graduate.

You are still not making sense bro
Re: Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. by slimfit1(m): 6:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
Eebrahym:

You are still not making sense bro

Common sense is not common this days Buhari is on track whatever the weather.
Re: Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. by Adminisher: 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
Economics is a proven theory. Chaiii
Buhari is lucky because all his critics are mostly dumb half educated Nigerians from the SE. What in the name of everything good is the meaning of this thread?. Why do the ignorant always speak?
Re: Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. by igwe123: 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
Adminisher:
Buhari is lucky because all his critics are mostly dumb half educated Nigerians from the SE. What in the name of everything good is the meaning of this thread?. Why do the ignorant always speak?
Lol, buharist always following the cheapest escape route instead of superior logic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. by fancyupage(f): 7:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
Adminisher:
#IsupportedBuhaributIamnotmumu

Re: Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. by fancyupage(f): 7:30pm On Feb 10, 2016
igwe123:

Lol, buharist always following the cheapest escape route instead of superior logic
God bless you Igwe, that is my point. They will abuse you instead of providing superior logical argument. Knowing fully well the same strategy did not work for GEJ. No one has responded to my points rather they are quick to attack and name calling hahahaha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. by babyfaceafrica: 7:31pm On Feb 10, 2016
Trash from a wailer
Re: Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. by fancyupage(f): 7:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Trash from a wailer
Hahahaha, thank you keep it up..........I hope KOWA can start utilising this vacuum to their advantage, to gain improved prominence.

1 Like

Re: Buharinomics Will Fail, Because Adam Smith's Theory Is A Proven Theory. by Eebrahym(m): 8:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
slimfit1:

Common sense is not common this days Buhari is on track whatever the weather.

...Yes, you, I mean you are making sense grin

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Demolition Of Roundabouts Not For Spiritual Cleansing - Bello / See The Unbelievable Photos Drawn By A Nigerian Talented Artist...Quite Amazing / PHOTO: I Was Born To Steal- Suspected Thief Arrested In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.