Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

With The Addition Of The Igbo Language On Facebook - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / With The Addition Of The Igbo Language On Facebook (925 Views)

Top 5 Places That Tell The History And Reveal The Culture Of The Igbo. / Nigerian Girls Should Reduce The Time They Spend On Facebook & Instagram- Sultan / Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With The Addition Of The Igbo Language On Facebook by zikIPE: 6:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hello people,
As I was enjoying my facebook today, I got a notification asking me to help translate the English language to Igbo. now, that brings about a whole new set of problems which include the absence of an Igbo equivalent for like. The Igbo people 'LOVE', we do not 'LIKE'. another problem being the absence of a single word representing 'comment'. sure, there's an Igbo phrase for comment, but to the best of my knowledge, there's no single word for it.
so, basically, the Igbo Language on my facebook is written in English....at least, for now. if you're Igbo and have any suggestions on Igbo words to use as replacement for English words on facebook, feel free to contribute
cc: bigfrancis21 odumchi

Re: With The Addition Of The Igbo Language On Facebook by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
Facebook still exists?

1 Like

Re: With The Addition Of The Igbo Language On Facebook by zikIPE: 6:57pm On Feb 10, 2016
EroticAngelina:
Facebook still exists?
for people like me, yes
Re: With The Addition Of The Igbo Language On Facebook by tonychristopher: 8:26pm On Feb 10, 2016
zikIPE:
Hello people,
As I was enjoying my facebook today, I got a notification asking me to help translate the English language to Igbo. now, that brings about a whole new set of problems which include the absence of an Igbo equivalent for like. The Igbo people 'LOVE', we do not 'LIKE'. another problem being the absence of a single word representing 'comment'. sure, there's an Igbo phrase for comment, but to the best of my knowledge, there's no single word for it.
so, basically, the Igbo Language on my facebook is written in English....at least, for now. if you're Igbo and have any suggestions on Igbo words to use as replacement for English words on facebook, feel free to contribute
cc: bigfrancis21 odumchi

Like can be translated to oma
Comment should be okwu
Post should be tinye or dewe
Share should be kesaa

3 Likes

Re: With The Addition Of The Igbo Language On Facebook by tpiar: 8:50pm On Feb 10, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Niaraland Mods, Please Block The Somali Users That Post Hateful Things Here 24/7 / Ooni Of Ife Appoints Popular Talking Drummer Ara As Ife Cultural Ambassador(Pics / If You Were To Visit Madagascar, What Would Your Name Change To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.