Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,599 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? (2126 Views)

Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion / Overnight Phone Charging Causes The Demise Of Seven (7) / Danger Of Overnight Phone Charging: My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
I have two usb cable, cable A and cable B. My cable A is always faster than cable B and i use both with the same charger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by whitecloth: 8:11pm On Feb 10, 2016
me too, I've experienced it before.

1 Like

Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by azidomedogo: 8:12pm On Feb 10, 2016
yes
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by hero01(m): 8:24pm On Feb 10, 2016
cable A is original while cable B is copy.

1 Like

Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 10, 2016
Yes it does. I remember I once bought a fancy cable, those ones with light blinking on the head while charging. That is the worst cable I ever bought. Phone shows charging, but it takes 5 hours to charge from 0-30%. In fact it got to a point it discharges my phone instead of charging yet it shows on the screen that it is charging.

Also there was a time my s6 charger couldn't charge any other phone but the s6. It charges the s6 with quick charge built in, but plug every other phone it will be very very very slow to not charging at all even though it shows charging on the screen. I bought another genuine cable and problem is solved.

3 Likes

Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by gulfer: 10:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
greenhulk:
Yes it does. I remember I once bought a fancy cable, those ones with light blinking on the head while charging. That is the worst cable I ever bought. Phone shows charging, but it takes 5 hours to charge from 0-30%. In fact it got to a point it discharges my phone instead of charging yet it shows on the screen that it is charging.

Also there was a time my s6 charger couldn't charge any other phone but the s6. It charges the s6 with quick charge built in, but plug every other phone it will be very very very slow to not charging at all even though it shows charging on the screen. I bought another genuine cable and problem is solved.
Lier Mohammed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by lekjons(m): 10:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
The lenght of a cable can also dwtermine its charging rate..
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by Xhaka(m): 2:48am On Feb 11, 2016
The one that came with my c8 is fast AF.
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by Nobody: 4:23am On Feb 11, 2016
gulfer:
[/color] Lier Mohammed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

E dey pain u?

Oya see link where I opened a thread about this.
https://www.nairaland.com/2772909/galaxy-s6-charger-does-not
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by mrking3(m): 7:14am On Feb 11, 2016
Most of this fake or fancy cables are more compactable with china or Tecno phones! And in most cases it doesn't connect with USB ports of pcs its more advisable to go for London use cables.
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by boss1310(m): 7:32am On Feb 11, 2016
absolutely yes.I noticed it long time ago
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by yomalex(m): 7:39am On Feb 11, 2016
Copper points will charge faster than Aluminium
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by ChidinmaRose(f): 12:33pm On Feb 11, 2016
mrking3:
Most of this fake or fancy cables are more compactable with china or Tecno phones! And in most cases it doesn't connect with USB ports of pcs its more advisable to go for London use cables.

Fake cables have never been compatible with me tecno. If I use a fake cable, the phone discharges
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
greenhulk:

Lol I stopped using cables too.. I use normal charger
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by ewizard1: 7:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
joshsmarty:

Lol I stopped using cables too.. I use normal charger
You mean you don't use cable on the Normal charger?
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2016
ewizard1:

I think say na only me the tin surprise
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
ewizard1:

I mean no more USB...
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by ewizard1: 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2016
joshsmarty:
I mean no more USB...
Ok... you use a Blackberry sha? or android?
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2016
ewizard1:

Ok... you use a Blackberry sha? or android?

Droid cool
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
I think USB cable has less to contribute on how fast your device is charged, but on the charger itself.
For example most BB device charger amperage ratings re from 5volts 2amps to 5volts 5amps output.
Assuming you charge same device with 5volts 1 or 1.5amps it takes longer
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
indigene:
I think USB cable has less to contribute on how fast your device is charged, but on the charger itself.
For example most BB device charger amperage ratings re from 5volts 2amps to 5volts 5amps output.
Assuming you charge same device with 5volts 1 or 1.5amps it takes longer

If u have a solid charger with bad cable, ur phone will still not charge. I have a 5.3v 2amp charger and with a bad cable it will not charge even though it shows on the phone that it is charging.
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
greenhulk:

If u have a solid charger with bad cable, ur phone will still not charge. I have a 5.3v 2amp charger and with a bad cable it will not charge even though it shows on the phone that it is charging.
My opinion is based on good USB cable.
Bad cable be it a usb or that of any DISCOS will be of no use in any application, either from a charger or a transformer
Re: Does Usb Cable Determine Speed Rate Of Phone Charging? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 11, 2016
indigene:

My opinion is based on good USB cable.
Bad cable be it a usb or that of any DISCOS will be of no use in any application, either from a charger or a transformer

That's right. Good charger + bad USB cable = slow/no charge.

Low amp charger + good USB cable = slow charge

(1) (Reply)

NOKIA Announces First Android Smartphone – Nokia 6 Specs And Price In Nigeria / The Most Strongest And Rugged Phone Of 2017- DOOGEE S60 Full Specs Review / Universal 4G Mifi That Supports GLO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.