Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,233 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances (1106 Views)

Aso Villa Guards Grumble Over Unpaid Allowance / Risk Cautious Allowance Of Aso Rock Security Operatives Unpaid / Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by drimpeccable(m): 6:09am On Feb 11, 2016
There is currently a disquiet among security operatives attached to the Presidential Villa, Abuja, over their unpaid allowances, The PUNCH has learnt.If not addressed quickly, the situation, our correspondent learnt on Wednesday, might degenerate into a security breach.
Multiple sources who spoke with our correspondent on the condition of anonymity said “loyalty of the security operatives had dropped drastically” over the non-payment of the allowance.The PUNCH learnt that under former President Goodluck Jonathan, all security agents attached to the Presidential Villa enjoyed what they called Risk Cautious Allowance.
The security officers include those of the Nigerian Army, Nigeria Police, Department of State Services, Nigerian Intelligence Agency, Federal Road Safety Commission and Fire Service.It was learnt that Jonathan’s administration paid the allowance up until March last year and left those of April and May unpaid.
The op]eratives are however regretting that since the inception of the present administration, they have not been paid.Following a media report last year that President Muhammadu Buhari had stopped the payment of the allowance, our correspondent learnt that the security operatives were told by their bosses that the RCA had not been stopped as reported.They said they were not only assured that they would be paid, but were also promised that the rate would be reviewed upward.
In the past, senior officers were said to be receiving about N30,000 per month while junior officers get about N25,000.To assure the operatives of government’s readiness to continue the payment, they were said to have been asked to open bank accounts with Zenith Bank Plc where their RCA will subsequently be paid.One of the operatives however said since last year that they opened the bank accounts, the government had not fulfilled its promise of paying the allowance.
A top Presidency official, who pleaded anonymity, however, told our correspondent that the security operatives’ allowances had been approved in January.He expressed the belief that payments would soon be made to those concerned.When contacted on the telephone, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, declined comment, saying the matter is a security issue.
Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by fitzmayowa: 6:11am On Feb 11, 2016
If this piece of news is anything to go by then the president needs to handle this situation carefully, this are the people responsible for his safety, i don't think its a wise idea/decision to owe them any of their entitlement...

If not for the sake of his own (PMB) personal safety, PMB should resolve this issue quickly for the sake of national security and for the sake of innocent souls that will be lost up north if anything happens to him...IMHO

Source...

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by Flexherbal(m): 6:14am On Feb 11, 2016
Unpaid salaries everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by fitzmayowa: 6:17am On Feb 11, 2016
Flexherbal:
Unpaid salaries everywhere.

From Osun to Imo to Kwara to Abuja

I guess unpaid salaries is another definition of "CHANGE"...cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by talktimi(m): 6:17am On Feb 11, 2016
Don't joke with your driver, your cook and your gate man (security)

2 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 11, 2016
Don't worry,you will be paid when he returns from his world tour. grin grin Buhari is currently putting the minister for tourism to shame...Vagabond ti takeover

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by nnachukz(m): 6:24am On Feb 11, 2016
I have said this before. Forget the name tag e-worriors/zombies give us here, they go home to face their families in frustration and grumbling over the harsh economic situation we are facing. When security men complain about not receiving their salaries, then nobody is safe anymore.

4 Likes

Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by nanauju(f): 6:27am On Feb 11, 2016
This govt sha. Pay this money to the security guys o. Stop embarrassing yourselves daily.

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by BushidoBlue(m): 6:29am On Feb 11, 2016
Eugenedimgba:
Don't worry,you will be paid when he returns from his [size=15pt]world tour[/size]. grin grin Buhari is currently putting the minister for tourism to shame...Vagabond ti takeover

We on Award Tour with Muhammad my man
Going each and every place with the mic in their hand
New York, NJ, NC, VA
We on Award Tour with Muhammad my man
Going each and every place with the mic in their hand
Oaktown, LA, San Fran, St. John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKXMZlw_efM
Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by mandhi(m): 6:30am On Feb 11, 2016
fitzmayowa:
If this piece of news is anything to go by then the president needs to handle this situation carefully, this are the people responsible for his safety, i don't think its a wise idea/decision to owe them any of their entitlement...

If not for the sake of his own (PMB) personal safety, PMB should resolve this issue quickly for the sake of national security and for the sake of innocent souls that will be lost up north if anything happens to him...IMHO

Source...
Well said bro
Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by NobleAngell(f): 7:03am On Feb 11, 2016
Serious matter. Nobody is left out. Am pretty sure the cooks are also being owed also but since they handle the food department, the hunger will not be so obvious. How much are the salaries sef?

Lemme allow them worry about theirs while I worry about mine. Me sef never get alert and today is already 11th.
Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by romme2u: 7:08am On Feb 11, 2016
op always credit the source for this info

place the link asap
Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by looseweight: 7:09am On Feb 11, 2016
Habaaa....I don't wanna believe this
Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by Kayendy(m): 7:13am On Feb 11, 2016
Wen u play with ur security, dey will soon play with ur life... meanwhile seems d unpaid salaries don reach Abuja.. Change
Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by millhouse: 7:16am On Feb 11, 2016
nnachukz:
I have said this before. Forget the name tag e-worriors/zombies give us here, they go home to face their families in frustration and grumbling over the harsh economic situation we are facing. When security men complain about not receiving their salaries, then nobody is safe anymore.
I tell you, my homeboy in efcc told me as at today, they still haven't been paid their January salaries. And that is the organization presidiot buhari wants to use to fight corruption?
Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by Luckylife(m): 7:23am On Feb 11, 2016
If this is true I must say here that Nigerian really need divine intervention .
Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by nnachukz(m): 7:27am On Feb 11, 2016
millhouse:
I tell you, my homeboy in efcc told me as at today, they still haven't been paid their January salaries. And that is the organization presidiot buhari wants to use to fight corruption?
good for all of them. They were always paid latest by 25th of every month under last administration yet everybody kept complaining. Let them enjoy their change now.
Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by BaddieKay(f): 7:31am On Feb 11, 2016
Funny Govt
Re: Aso Rock Security Operatives Grumble Over Unpaid Allowances by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 11, 2016
They may soon tumble and rumble

(1) (Reply)

Ese Oruru, The Girl-child And A Nation’s Shame By Reuben Abati / Nigeria Won't Tolerate Biafra-buhari / Rivers Rerun:see The FAKE INEC Result SHEETS In Bonny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.