Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,338 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

"Nigerian Army Needs N526 Billion" - COAS, Tukur Buratai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigerian Army Needs N526 Billion" - COAS, Tukur Buratai (533 Views)

Photo Of Tukur Buratai, His Father And Son / Throwback Photo Of General Tukur Buratai / Boko Haram Attacks Army Chief Tukur Buratai’s Hometown Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Nigerian Army Needs N526 Billion" - COAS, Tukur Buratai by IlajeGal1: 6:37am On Feb 11, 2016
The Chief of Army Staff(COAS), Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, has said the Nigerian Army needs N520billion for a remarkable transformation. Buratai made this disclosure yesterday as he defended the Army's budget before the House Committee on Army.In his remarks, Buratai said: “The ministry of defence went below what we actually need minimally. This honourable House should assist to ensure that what we proposed is given to us. The significant drop is not from us but the Budget Office, but we will appreciate your efforts to make it up so that we can function well. If we can get N526 billion today, Nigerian Army will not be the same again. We will make sure that our barracks are rehabilitated and troops and their families taken care of.”

Buratai also told the committee that the Army had deployed equipment to the North East where there is insurgency and the Niger Delta where there is renewed attacks on oil pipelines.He further said:“The controversies over the purchase of arms and ammunition or alleged purchase of inferior or substandard arms call for an urgent review of our processes. Indeed as several scholars, leaders and generals have repeatedly affirmed, war is too important to be left in the hands of generals. The world has moved on and in most democratic countries, representatives of the people, the parliament is involved in the details of implementation of budgets and procurement processes.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/nigerian-army-needs-n526-billion-coas-tukur-buratai/
Re: "Nigerian Army Needs N526 Billion" - COAS, Tukur Buratai by orobs93(m): 6:40am On Feb 11, 2016
This is preposterous...
Re: "Nigerian Army Needs N526 Billion" - COAS, Tukur Buratai by Luckylife(m): 6:45am On Feb 11, 2016
If they will wipe boko haram and stop the killing of protesters by using the said amount judiciously , I support government allocating a reasonable amount for the military.
Re: "Nigerian Army Needs N526 Billion" - COAS, Tukur Buratai by OAMMB(f): 6:56am On Feb 11, 2016
I hope we can still afford it....as it seems now....
Nigeria is broke
Re: "Nigerian Army Needs N526 Billion" - COAS, Tukur Buratai by BaddieKay(f): 7:02am On Feb 11, 2016
*yawns*They want to buy StanDard weapons.
Re: "Nigerian Army Needs N526 Billion" - COAS, Tukur Buratai by johnmartus(m): 7:02am On Feb 11, 2016
oga Brutai please the money is not for you but nigeria army implement it in A proper way
Re: "Nigerian Army Needs N526 Billion" - COAS, Tukur Buratai by mrvitalis(m): 7:22am On Feb 11, 2016
Imagine investing that money in innoson and our ABA brothers. .... we won't have to import a single weapon in few years time.. ...
Hopefully after this war we can
Re: "Nigerian Army Needs N526 Billion" - COAS, Tukur Buratai by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 11, 2016
Abeg inform Dasuki grin grin
Re: "Nigerian Army Needs N526 Billion" - COAS, Tukur Buratai by Godisnear(m): 7:38am On Feb 11, 2016
Buratai and his croonies should park well jare.

Where u see money? do u need need to wear glasses on your brain before you understand that Nigeria is broke?

The Nigerian government took #50 from my account yesterday and its was not funny, its still not funny cos i pay my tax. angry

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIA MY COUNTRY, What Have Befallen Thee / Wike To Civil Servants: ‘No BVN, No Salary’ / Buhari Rejects Invitation To Join Coalition Of Islamic States Against Terror

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.