Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,656 members, 7,862,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:18 AM

Ekiti Dep Gov Goes To School - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Dep Gov Goes To School (756 Views)

Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi / Tele Ikuru, River State Dep. Governor Gets Grand Reception As He Joins PDP -Pics / Dep. Gov., 21 Commissioners, 16 Assembly Members Defect To PDP In Rivers State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Dep Gov Goes To School by bigfather(m): 6:12pm On Jul 05, 2009
[b]Ekiti State Deputy Governor, Dr. Sikiru Lawal on saturday, at Ado Ekiti Study Centre of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) matriculated as one of the students to study law in the institution.
Dr Lawal who already holds a PhD in Educational Management and Financing was admitted into 200 level of the five year programme. He took the matriculation oath at about 10.30 am with other students at the centre, after which the Centre Manager, Professor Olanrewaju David invited him to the high table as one of the Invited Guests.
Introducing the Deputy Governor to other matriculating students, Professor Olanrewaju said Lawal was a shining example of people in positions of authority who availed themselves of the opportunity provided by NOUN to study with relative ease in the face of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Globalisation, urging the students to give a round of applause to their colleague and leader.
In the message of the Vice Chancellor of the institution, Professor Olugbemiro Jegede, read by Professor Olanrewaju to the students, he said "today marks the University’s fourth matriculation ceremony being conducted nation-wide simultaneously at 35 Study centers and should raise the total number of our student population already matriculated since the inception of the University to about 100,000"
The Vice Chancellor explained that "NOUN is an open and distance teaching university that employs all the available resources and infrastructure to deliver flexible learning to students where they are, when how, and by which means they wish to study.
"In other words, learning through NOUN is not bound by any obstacles because our operations seek to take the distance out of your access to education; which for many of you may have been denied by other institutions of higher learning", he said.
Answering questions from newsmen, the Deputy Governor said "I decided to go back to school to study law after having obtained my PhD in fulfilment of my life ambition. After having been education I would want to be learned. In future I can represent myself and people in court. Education is no respecter of age or position."
Asked whether he would use his position to influence his studies, Dr Lawal said "I was a university scholar; I do not need my position for anything. I will read my books and come out in flying colours."[/b]
Re: Ekiti Dep Gov Goes To School by TippyTop(m): 6:25pm On Jul 05, 2009
Why the sensationalism, the man already hold's a PhD in Educational Management and Financing.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Traders Protest Murder Of Kinsman In Benue / Politics Library Project / What U Get When U Make A Politician The Top Banker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.