Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako (24520 Views)

Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Ex-ondo Deputy Gov / Court Nullifies Election Of Bassey Albert As Uyo Rep / Court Nullifies The Election Of Musa Arogundade, Ekiti PDP Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Koolking(m): 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
Members of the Adamawa State House of Assembly should not just worry. Supreme court shall uphold the impeachment.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by tolexy007(m): 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
Islamicpope:
I blame egberipapa goodluck Jonathan for d reign of combine confusion in adamawa as at dat time. The man was too power conscious just because Nyako crossover to d APC
You dont get it, Nyako started having prob with GeJ when he accuse Jonathan of Genocide

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by ritux: 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
After the reggae play the blues.

Waiting to see how the drama would end.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Eshinery(m): 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 11, 2016
He is Justice Tunde Awotoye, he is my uncle, very upright Judge and a Reverend in Foursquare Gospel Church. nice one.he mentored me to be a Lawyer,so proud of him, He was the judge that delivered judgement on the case of Odunayo Olagbaju, the representative from Ife Central killed in the Bola Ige imbroglio.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by PRXPERT: 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
This is the most senseless ruling ever! So Nyako is no longer corrupt because he is of APC!! God the kind. Of trailer that will jam these Miscreants Omojuwa's own Will be a child's play!

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by femmy77: 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
OK. over to you supreme court
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by aribisala0(m): 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
amaechi1:

I will advice you grasp a cup of cold water and take a second look at the publication again. I am sure this time you understand better. The court as constituted never exonerate him from the alleged crime, rather they granted him his plea that he was not granted fair hearing and threw away his application to return to office.
Courts do not exonerate people of crimes,everyone is INNOCENT until proven guilty
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
Sai baba mai mangoro
Ur wife help u wella.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Okay o. Supreme next, I guess
Perharps he will declared governor
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Perharps he will declared governor
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Firefire(m): 3:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
Congrats to APC for their victory as the Appeal Court, another PDP looter added to your depleted coven. smiley
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
Obiagelli:
What happens if the supreme court agrees with this judgment?
Does it mean he's entitled to long convoys, His salary, An orderly, security vote e.t.c? I don't understand the "entitlements" the court ordered from state govt to avail Mr. Nyako.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by adanny01(m): 3:15pm On Feb 11, 2016
seunmsg:

Are you sure the case will go up to the supreme court? I don't think the Adamawa state house of assembly will appeal the judgement. All the major characters that instigated the impeachment are no longer in power so, the assembly may just accept the judgement.

Beside, the only implication of this judgement is that Nyako will now be recognised as a former governor who was never impeached. He will be paid all his normal entitlement as a former governor.

Also, he is now qualified to run for elections or hold a public office.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by LargeBrown(m): 3:18pm On Feb 11, 2016
TGM2015:

If you know how Nyako was impeached you will agreed with the judge that his right to fair hearing was breach and moreover the panel do not do any investigation before making their recommendations. If I can remember vividly, the panel sat one day and declare Nyako guilty of all allegation next day/sitting, I think the time is not up to five days. Though Nyako may be guilty, its suppose to be done appropriately and legally.

And mind you the so called propaganda investigation and stories you are referring to have genuine underlying logical reasons and iota of truth in them. I remember that Wike publicly assures his supporters few days he filed an appeal to supreme court that he is confident that the Supreme Court judgement will favour him and if not is supporters should be calm. The major critics of supreme court judgement was how the supreme court invalid the use of card readers result which was the major and substantial evidence on which the lower courts based their judgement, stating that card reader result as contain in the 2015 INEC guideline cannot replace the voters' register as recognized by Nigeria 1999 constitution as amended.

The supreme court judgement is about voting against or in favour of argument before them and the highest votes becomes the final decision and judgement (I believe this is correct as far as I know). I think there are seven people in the panel, it will of good interest to get the details of the connection of these people with PDP especially that of Akwa Ibom and Rivers. Mind you SR that reported this news is also busy exposing Buhari budget being full of fraudulent items.
my bro I wish 2 let you know that this same Sahara reporters you are pointing an accusing finger a. was the same news Agency that pulled GEJ down b4 and during his campaign. I now see Sahara reporters as an independent unbiased and objective news agency that are concerned with a day 2 day constructive criticism of any top Government officials.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by TimeManager(m): 3:18pm On Feb 11, 2016
Wailers sef... This man was impeached for alleged treason against jonathan yet wailers are crying blue murder over dr danfulani & nnamdi kanu. Maybe jonathan does not also understand "freedom of speech"
Wailers da buttlickers
The truth has spoken!
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by TimeManager(m): 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2016
Wailers sef.... Press wailingpause & reason for once. He wasn't impeached for corruption but because jonathan was irked to have accused him for genocide.
Wailers pls press wailingpause & be happy for once.
Cc; wailingwailers
The truth has spoken!
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by TGM2015: 3:31pm On Feb 11, 2016
LargeBrown:
my bro I wish 2 let you know that this same Sahara reporters you are pointing an accusing finger a. was the same news Agency that pulled GEJ down b4 and during his campaign. I now see Sahara reporters as an independent unbiased and objective news agency that are concerned with a day 2 day constructive criticism of any top Government officials.
Thank you, we on the same page. I'm only telling the quoted moniker that the so call SR that he/she is referring to a making propaganda investigations (against PDP governors) is the same news agency that is exposing FG budget of fraud (APC president).

I have be a fan of SR since the first they open their facebook account and checking their mission, they are to expose corruption of Africa leaders/government. Though all their news might not be absolutely accurate and truthful but it contains over 90% truth and accuracy, my opinion though.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Banter1(m): 3:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
Supreme court judges need to be fired, all of them. bunch of corrupt twats.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by gbens2000(m): 4:14pm On Feb 11, 2016
Adaure4ever:
pls which party is he attached to?
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by 2n2k(m): 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2016
omowolewa:
And so whatz the effect?!
Patricia Etteh, Adewolu Ladoja and simiar cases only got their status back (and maybe the emoluments), not the seat itself.

Ladoja came back to complete his term because his term had not elapsed at the time of the judgement but he couldn't recontest under PDP because primaries had already been done which returned Akala.

Etteh did not challenge her impeachment in court but the House of Representatives reversed itself at the very last meeting held in June 2011 by voting to delete any reference to her impeachment in its record of proceeding thus granting her amnesty of sort.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
Justice delayed is justice denied
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by duality(m): 5:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
The Appeal court judges should be investigated. We all know how corrupt Nyako was. He also tactically supported boko haram for political reasons. How did the judges just dismiss the corruption angle. or are they telling us Nyako did not misappropriate funds in adamawa state?

The corruption at the court of appeal stinks to high heavens.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by duality(m): 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
TGM2015:

Thank you, we on the same page. I'm only telling the quoted moniker that the so call SR that he/she is referring to a making propaganda investigations (against PDP governors) is the same news agency that is exposing FG budget of fraud (APC president).

Most of the questions of the budget were being asked from day one by the opposition and neutrals and not really SH. some of the issues were raised, on this forum and dissected. Some by other commentators who they easily call wailers. even when senator Abaribe questioned the budget in the first instance, what was the response of APC senators and their supporters. Did they agree? NO! We all watched it. How the budget point of order divided the senate into two; without the APC senators looking at the facts raised.

Sorry sahara reporters only tagged along with the narrative just to feign neutrality and balance. WE know were sahara reporters blaze the trail.

Have The so called sahara reporters given us news about the funding of Buhari's campaign? Why have they not told us how the money came about and the obscene deals brokered... NO, SAHARA REPORTERS ARE NOT NEUTRAL. IF THEY BECOME NEUTRAL, THEY'LL DIE

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Kennydoc(m): 5:55pm On Feb 11, 2016
Keneking:
lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin grin grin

Amazing decision by the Court. Next step is to approach the Supreme Court for re-installing him as Governor to complete his Term.

Great

I'm yet to understand this obsession of yours with chimpanzees. Are you one yourself? Where do you get all those pictures from?
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by zurine(f): 6:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
wow
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Uten9z(m): 6:28pm On Feb 11, 2016
I don't believe that this judges pass will be accepted even by Nyaku'S WIFE as the right VERDICT,any ways APC state APC Judge APC judgment.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by mabolo: 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
NYAKO IS NOW A SAINT I PITY APC, THIS CHANGE IS A SCAM
The change is a massive, huge and extremely humongous SCAM.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by Doncharis(m): 9:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
So the state house of assembly doesn't have right anymore to investigate a suspected corrupt element....Well I don't blame them, they are on influence of BUBU(law- abandoning President). Who only specializes on going from one vacation to the other,squandering more the little remains of our economy.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by dougivilla(m): 5:40am On Feb 12, 2016
TGM2015:

I have be a fan of SR since the first they open their facebook account and checking their mission, they are to expose corruption of Africa leaders/government. Though all their news might not be absolutely accurate and truthful but it contains over 90% truth and accuracy, my opinion though.
90% accuracy and Sahara reporters should never again be mentioned in the same statement. How did you come about that your absurd statistics?

SR is only trying to tag along and appear neutral on the budget, because Tinubu is unhappy with the goings on in the APC.

SR is nothing but a biased and unethical media outfit. A disgrace to objective journalism.
Re: Appeal Court Nullifies Impeachment Of Nyako by phemmie06(m): 6:17am On Feb 12, 2016
Lawyer de chop money now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Briefing From Buratai (Photo) / Imo Guber: Okorocha, Araraume Collapse Support Structures For PDP's Anyanwu / Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.