Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program (1323 Views)

A Response To Buhari Led FG's Statement : 'We Are Not Responsible For Your Woes' / Buhari Names TY Danjuma, Dangote In Committee On North-East Rehabilitation / See Reactions Of People When IPOB Tells Igbos Living In The North To Return Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by Iroh88(m): 6:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
Evening all.

I found it necessary to create this thread due to how disgusted I felt reading the remarks of Nigerians on facebook and on this forum regarding the statement credited to the FG (Foreign Affairs Ministry) regarding North Korea's Nuclear program.

Just a few days ago, the social media was set on fire with very critical remarks directed at the FG, complete with a popular hashtag trending on twitter when news broke that the president made a disparaging remark about Nigerians during his interview with a foreign newspaper.

The president, it was reported, stated that Nigerians held in prisons all over the world for crimes committed in their host nations are giving the country a bad image internationally. He admonished Nigerians to stay in their country and develop it to make it the envy of other nations.

Truthful as the statement was, Nigerians couldn't take it. They didn't hesitate to take to all know social media platforms to curse the hell out of the president for daring to call Nigerians "criminals". The thread regarded the incident on this forum ran over 16 pages!!

Nigerians stood on every rooftop, including Senator Bruce, and screamed to the world what a wonderful country Nigeria is.

They told the world what a powerful black Nation we have and how no other country comes close to Nigeria.

The told the world the president is a senile old fool who should be ignored.

They found a video of some white woman who sang our praises to high heavens and how he opinion validates their claim about what a glorious country with great people Nigeria is. It made fp and the insults/attack on the president over his remarks continued.

Today, they found a page on New York Times praising Nigerians and revived the scathing criticisms of the president over his idiotic statement!!

Ooooh, we showed the world that a PROUD and PATRIOTIC people we are!!

Fast forward to this day.

The MFA/FGN called on North Korea to abide by the UN resolutions regarding her nuclear programs, and these hitherto overly patriotic Nigerians made a stunning volte-face!! They lost their patriotic mein and have taken their country to the cleaners before the world!!

Suddenly, Nigeria has become some insignificant country who should dare make disparaging remarks about a mighty country like North Korea!!

They are saying it proudly on the forum and on Facebook and are proud of admitting we are nothing in the face of North Korea!!

They've "apologised" to North Korea on behalf of the FG, saying the person who made the statement must have been drunk when he did!!

Isn't it weird how they seem to have suddenly lost their towering pride in under a week??

Were the criticism over the Buhari remark borne out of genuine national pride or out of sheer hatred for the man who made the statement??

Were they a true reflection of how Nigerians feel as a people or just another wave rode upon by the opposition to score some cheap political points??

Aren't we being too hypocritical as a people??

At what point should we draw a line between politics and patriotism??

What exactly is going on??

Where is our sense of pride??

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44.

Cc: Dearpreye, Modath, Rossikk, Obiagelli.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by Iroh88(m): 6:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
Lalasticlala, I'd be glad if this is taken to the fp. We'd like to know the reason behind the change of heart.
Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by aminho(m): 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
Some people are just just hypocrites walhi
Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by Iroh88(m): 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
aminho:
Some people are just just hypocrites walhi
The brand of opposition PDP plays is unlike anything one has ever seen. No honour whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by CyberWolf: 7:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
Omenka, kindly save us this sermon and call those reacting "IPOD" ... What is Nigeria's business with DPRK? Do FGN abide by UN resolution to human rights? Have we taking care of our security challenges here? ... Instead you to create a thread and advice the FG on how to ameliorate the national embarrassment they called budget, you are here displaying your hypocrite-induced sycophancy angry

8 Likes

Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by tawa89(f): 7:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
Where was Patriotism when Buhari called Nigerians Criminals aand Asylum seekers before the World......You are a hypocrite Omenka

5 Likes

Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by CyberWolf: 7:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
tawa89:
Where was Patriotism when Buhari called Nigerians Criminals aand Asylum seekers before the World......You are a hypocrite Omenka
don't mind that shameless hypocrite..
Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by bloodykiller: 7:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
grin

una never see opposition cheesy

by the time we're done with una style of opposition coupled with the reality of incompetence of this useless government you'll realize what hit you mr omenka

sore looser running away from his shadow grin

5 Likes

Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by Iroh88(m): 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2016
CyberWolf:
Omenka, kindly save us this sermon and call those reacting "IPOD" ... What is Nigeria's business with DPRK? Do FGN abide by UN resolution to human rights? Having we taking care of our security challenges here? ... Instead you to create a thread and advice the FG on how to ameliorate the national embarrassment they called budget, you are here displaying your hypocrite-induced sycophancy angry
Put a leash on your emotions and anger ye child of Orubebe. You sound like a torn talking drum.

Go over what you just wrote and edit it to properly convey the message you are trying to put across.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 11, 2016
Mr President does not need Nigerians to be happy. The position he occupies is not meant for people with good intentions.
God, give us [Barnabas].
Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by Bugatie(m): 7:57pm On Feb 11, 2016
Bros forget grammer,

The federal govt should know Nigeria is a developing nation and should learn to keep quiet and not meddle in a sensitive issue like this.

By the way, what does our govt know about nuclear program when it couldn't put together a simple budget

4 Likes

Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by CyberWolf: 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2016
Iroh88:
Put a leash on your emotions and anger boy. You sound like a torn talking drum.

Go over what you just wrote and edit it to properly convey the message you are trying to put across.

Thanks.
oooh spare me that bumkum.. I anticipated this kind of mention and I wasn't disappointed .. Useless hypocrite..

3 Likes

Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by ddippset(m): 8:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
I said they would never get over it! I said it! Jonathan and the PDP have long been booted out. This is their own little way of making the country ungovernable for the new administration. But the wonderful thing is; no impeachment, no re-run till 2019. Infact none till 2035. You wailing machines should keep on running your parallel government on nairaland and twitter while the man Buhari presides over the aso villa.

1 Like

Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by Iroh88(m): 8:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
Bugatie:
Bros forget grammer,

Nigeria is a developing nation and should learn to keep quiet and not show all their cards in a sensitive issue like this.
Didn't they realise this when they trended that hypocritical hashtag that was all about what a proud people we are??
Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by Iroh88(m): 8:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
CyberWolf:
oooh spare me that bumkum.. I anticipated this kind of mention and I wasn't disappointed .. Useless hypocrite..
You should spare yourself the bumkum. I pretty much doubt you know the meaning of the word "hypocrite".

Why did you self confessed "giants" suddenly decide to adopt the posture of ants when the government tried to portray you as giants??

#Baseline Hypocrisy I'd say.
Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by Iroh88(m): 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
ddippset:
I said they would never get over it! I said it! Jonathan and the PDP have long been booted out. This is their own little way of making the country ungovernable for the new administration. But the wonderful thing is; no impeachment, no re-run till 2019. Infact none till 2035. You wailing machines should keep on running your parallel government on nairaland and twitter while the man Buhari presides over the aso villa.
I hope the sulk over their loss for eternity.
Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
It is only your true friend that will tell you the truth.
Are you insinuating that Nigerians should support any statement that can put the nation in bad position against North Korea? Or are you not aware that any country that condemns their actions/plans are seen as their enemy?
Can your beloved country stand against North Korea?

I thank God you said "they said Giant of Africa". In case you don't know North Korea is not in Africa but in Asia and one of the powerful nations in the world.

Brother, please don't compare the two nations if you truely love your country.

1 Like

Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
Iroh88:
Didn't they realise this when they trended that hypocritical hashtag that was all about what a proud people we are??
They are not proud of anything. It is their way of unleashing negativity on a government they so wish it fails.
Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by CyberWolf: 8:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
Iroh88:
You should spare yourself the bumkum. I pretty much doubt you know the meaning of the word "hypocrite".

Why did you self confessed "giants" suddenly decide to adopt the posture of ants when the government tried to portray you as giants??

#Baseline Hypocrisy I'd say.
Go and sleep, you are drunk ..
Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by Sctests: 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
FG should pick their fights wisely. This country is the most divided country ethnically as we speak.Former staunch Patriots are renouncing and denouncing the country nowadays.

Unite your people first before picking fights against foreign governments with nuclear war-heads, fights you clearly can't win. What did nigeria have to lose if it just kept shut on sensitive international matters. You can't be a world power when some are 'born-to-rule' and to be marginalized 5%ers.
Re: Re: Reactions Of Nigerians To FG Statement On North Korea Nuclear Program by Lordave: 8:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
Iroh88:
Evening all.

I found it necessary to create this thread due to how disgusted I felt reading the remarks of Nigerians on facebook and on this forum regarding the statement credited to the FG (Foreign Affairs Ministry) regarding North Korea's Nuclear program.

Just a few days ago, the social media was set on fire with very critical remarks directed at the FG, complete with a popular hashtag trending on twitter when news broke that the president made a disparaging remark about Nigerians during his interview with a foreign newspaper.

The president, it was reported, stated that Nigerians held in prisons all over the world for crimes committed in their host nations are giving the country a bad image internationally. He admonished Nigerians to stay in their country and develop it to make it the envy of other nations.

Truthful as the statement was, Nigerians couldn't take it. They didn't hesitate to take to all know social media platforms to curse the hell out of the president for daring to call Nigerians "criminals". The thread regarded the incident on this forum ran over 16 pages!!

Nigerians stood on every rooftop, including Senator Bruce, and screamed to the world what a wonderful country Nigeria is.

They told the world what a powerful black Nation we have and how no other country comes close to Nigeria.

The told the world the president is a senile old fool who should be ignored.

They found a video of some white woman who sang our praises to high heavens and how he opinion validates their claim about what a glorious country with great people Nigeria is. It made fp and the insults/attack on the president over his remarks continued.

Today, they found a page on New York Times praising Nigerians and revived the scathing criticisms of the president over his idiotic statement!!

Ooooh, we showed the world that a PROUD and PATRIOTIC people we are!!

Fast forward to this day.

The MFA/FGN called on North Korea to abide by the UN resolutions regarding her nuclear programs, and these hitherto overly patriotic Nigerians made a stunning volte-face!! They lost their patriotic mein and have taken their country to the cleaners before the world!!

Suddenly, Nigeria has become some insignificant country who should dare make disparaging remarks about a mighty country like North Korea!!

They are saying it proudly on the forum and on Facebook and are proud of admitting we are nothing in the face of North Korea!!

They've "apologised" to North Korea on behalf of the FG, saying the person who made the statement must have been drunk when he did!!

Isn't it weird how they seem to have suddenly lost their towering pride in under a week??

Were the criticism over the Buhari remark borne out of genuine national pride or out of sheer hatred for the man who made the statement??

Were they a true reflection of how Nigerians feel as a people or just another wave rode upon by the opposition to score some cheap political points??

Aren't we being too hypocritical as a people??

At what point should we draw a line between politics and patriotism??

What exactly is going on??

Where is our sense of pride??

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44.

Cc: Dearpreye, Modath, Rossikk, Obiagelli.
Which fùcking sense of pride?

If you're proud to be a criminal, we're not proud that someone is meddlesomely and loquaciously leading us into an unnecessary war.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Run Goodluck Run. Onyeka Onwenu.. / Fayose Be Proud Of Your Profession As He Shows Off His Driving Skills(Photos) / Accept Defeat And Go, Allow Me To Concentrate – Wike To Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.