Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Lets Move On Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Move On Nigeria (439 Views)

Soldiers Recover Weapons From Boko Haram Terrorists On Nigeria/Cameroon Border / Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage / PMB Please Lets Move Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lets Move On Nigeria by femmycares(m): 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2016
Very soon, we will celebrate the one year anniversary of the historic 2015 elections in Nigeria that swept away the presidency of His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and turned the fearsome PDP behemoth that practically owned Nigeria into a very weak and maybe confused opposition party.

Forgive me but there are many who still believe that the announcement by Attahiru Jega on April 1, 2015 that Muhammadu Buhari had been elected President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria was just one of those April fool pranks. They still expect someone to come to them and shout, ‘April fool!’ and assure them that Jonathan still holds sway at Aso Rock and that ‘Mama Pepe’ is still doing her thing. Even though the cup has been presented, the celebration has taken place and the referee has left town, to them, the game is not over. They are in shock.

In their calculation at the time, there was no way Jonathan was going to lose. How in the world would the smiling GEJ lose with the billions and billions of dollars ‘dasukied’ into the electoral system? Afenifere was dollarized. MASSOB was dollarized. Gani’s OPC was dollarized.

Nearly all the top pastors in Nigeria were dollarized and they spoke in tongues. The media was so dollarized that my otherwise very professional friends at AIT became more Jonathan than Goodluck. Even Nollywood was very well dollarized.

Problem is that the bucket we gave Buhari has big holes all over it

‘By the way, why is Buhari spending so much time fighting corruption?’ ‘After all, corruption is not our problem’. ‘In any case, every Nigerian is corrupt’. Every day, you read a lot of bull. I have said elsewhere that Buhari is not a magician. When we elected him, we more or less gave him a bucket to go and fetch water for all of us in the Nigerian nation to drink. Problem is that the bucket we gave him has big holes all over it. Once you put any water into the bucket, the water leaks in different directions and there is very little left for the people to drink. Is it not wise to block the holes first so that the bucket can retain our water?

As long as the bucket continues to leak so badly, there will be no good schools for our children to go to, no proper healthcare facilities for our families, no good roads across our nation, no equipment for our security men to keep us safe and no jobs for the teeming masses of our citizens who are unemployed. I don’t care what part of Nigeria you come from or how you pray, I am sorry you are a victim of the massive robbery against our nation. If you pray for the failure of Muhammadu Buhari, you are grinding pepper and stuffing it into your eyes. I know of no special market in Nigeria where Muslims, Christians, Hausas, Igbos, Yorubas or whoever get discounts because of their ethnic origins or their religion.

If we do not let Buhari do his thing, what happened in Ghana will happen in Nigeria
It is true that oil price has fallen very sharply and the Naira is struggling. It would not have been so bad if Nigeria had not been so badly raped and zillions brazenly shipped out of our commonwealth by those who rendered no meaningful service to our fatherland. I was at the Federal High Court in Abuja recently when one of our ex governors was being tried. I could not believe what I was hearing: the schemes this guy put together to take what does not belong to him.

Let me repeat that if we do not let Buhari do his thing, what happened in Ghana will happen in Nigeria. There will be no EFCC; there will no courts, no prosecution, no trials and no witnesses. There will be a Nigerian Jerry Rawlings and there will be firing squads. Your guess is as good as mine who will be hit by the bullets.

It is time we all chilled, got rid of all this hatred and for the sake of our children, got together and built a nation that provides a future for everyone.

Let’s get real and move on. His Excellency, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has had his time on the national stage. No matter how much we curse Buhari, Jonathan is not coming back as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; Sambo Dasuki is unlikely to ever be National Security Adviser in Nigeria again; Diezani Alison Madueke is unlikely to be Minister of Petroleum again.
Re: Lets Move On Nigeria by Flexherbal(m): 8:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
Let us move on people.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Bloody Clash In Goshi, 27 Terrorists Killed, 7 Soldiers Injured / My Hands Are Clean”, Badeh Tells EFCC- Nationaltrail Newspaper / From Beegeagels twitter: Time for "Alien Bill Of Nigeria", By Odilim Enwegbara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.