Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu (18780 Views)

Obiano Is Favourable Disposed To Transform Adazi-nnukwu — Umeh / The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> / The Village/Town Development In Anambra State:obosi Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by Adaezeagu(f): 1:10am On Feb 12, 2016
Nice

Igbo amaka

5 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by Viktor1983(m): 1:22am On Feb 12, 2016
I love this. Anambra Amaka.

2 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by investnow2013: 1:34am On Feb 12, 2016
Adazi Nnukwu like other Igbo area are rich Marriage traditions!. Pic Marriage celemony in Adazi Nnukwu

3 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by investnow2013: 1:35am On Feb 12, 2016
More!

1 Like

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by investnow2013: 1:37am On Feb 12, 2016
Another Marriage celemony @ Adazi Nnukwu

2 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by knowledgeable: 1:38am On Feb 12, 2016
investnow2013:
His Royal Highness, Ogbuefi Ojiako Ezenne [1] (1857–1944) was a Nigerian who was appointed by the Colonial government to serve as Warrant Chief (1914–1921) and then Paramount Chief (1921–1944), of Adazi-Nnukwu, currently in Anambra State in Nigeria.[2] As the new protectorate government, did not in all cases impose a new royal family on native populations, but recognised the ancient ruling families based on Ofo seniority across villages, Ojiako Ezenne as the holder of the Ofo Ozo Okpalaekili, the oldest Ozo title in Adazi-Nnukwu, became the first African to serve as President of the Agulu Customary Court in 1914, having already served as clan chief between 1907 and 1914 of Amolu Clan, the senior clan in Adazi-Nnukwu. Ojiako Ezenne was a contemporary of Warrant Chiefs such as Muoyekwu Onyiuke of Nimo, Amobi of Ogidi and Nnama Orjiakor of Nibo. Identified by the Colonial Distinct Office,[3] as serving with an excellent record, Ojiako Ezenne on February 1, 1915, chaired the meeting of forty-five Warrant Chiefs in South-East Nigeria that enacted laws terminating the practice of slavery in South-East Nigeria,[4] thus pitting him in direct confrontation with the Aro slave dealers.

Ojiako Ezenne had more than 37 wives and was survived by 86 children. Among his children were Okamigbo Ojiako who served as Nigeria’s first Ambassador to Germany in addition to serving as the second Igwe of Adazi-Nnukwu. Another son, Obudume Ojiako [5], served as the third Igwe (Adama) of Adazi-Nnukwu. A sister, Mbafo Ezenne, was married to the late Amanyanabo Owokori VII of Abonnema. He was also a brother-in-law to the Aro politician Igwegbe Odum.

@inestnow2013, that's my granddad right there. I thank you immensely and with time, I will reveal my identity to you. You've done a tremendous job for AlaIgbo single handedly. To put it in context, the value of your promotions & PR for AlaIgbo could run into $billions, now and into the future from an investment perspective. "Keep up with the good work my bro".

11 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by investnow2013: 1:41am On Feb 12, 2016
Adazi Nnukwu is rich in Igbo Traditions & Customs!.

4 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by investnow2013: 1:48am On Feb 12, 2016
Adazi Nnukwu Village like other Igbo Villages is home to Some very beautiful Mansions you cannot see in anyother village anywhere in Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by investnow2013: 1:50am On Feb 12, 2016
Still some of the Village roads in Adazi Nnukwu

3 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by SOPIGO: 2:19am On Feb 12, 2016
Nice one
Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by investnow2013: 2:24am On Feb 12, 2016
Adazi Nnukwu is also Home to aqua culture in Anambra State. Just read this acticle about that some years ago!..............Smoked fish factory springs up in Anambra
Posted by: Odogwu Emeka Odogwu, Nnewi Posted date: September 28, 2012 In: News Extra | comment : 0
Smoked fish factory springs up in Anambra

Something great is happening in Anambra State, but it is not in Awka, the capital, or Onitsha, the bustling commercial city. A fish factory in Adazi Nnukwu, some 20 minutes’ drive from the seat of government, has raised the profile of both the community and the state, providing jobs for youths and putting hunger at bay in many families.

There is more. The factory has the capacity to save Southeast fish traders the trouble of sourcing their merchandise from such far-flung places as Maiduguri, capital of Borno State. And, thanks to the plant’s hygiene standards, fish connoisseurs can vouch for the health of what they eat.

Adazi Nnukwu, Anaocha Local Government Area of the state, has probably made history, hosting arguably the first quality smoked fish processing plant in the country.

It is the handiwork of a geologist turned farmer, Mr Emeka Martins Iloghalu.

Newsextra paid him a visit, discovering that many youths from the region will be taken off the streets as the facility grows.

The smoked fish are well packaged, most of which sourced from the same facility, although its owner says it needs more.

The company, Tee Martins Aquaculture, produces dry fish, which are free of insects and sand.

Iloghalu left his well-paying job at Shell and oil service firms overseas to return to the rustic village of Adazi-Nnukwu to engage in fish farming.

He reckons that his fish are unique.

He said: “Our model here is that we don’t sell life fish because we don’t even meet our market demand of dry fish, hence we are looking for co-operation to serve the Southeast market and beyond. Even at this moment we have not gone totally mechanical because we installed 160kg drier plant that dries wet fish weight per batch.

“We need resources and expertise; that’s why we are training people to take over but we need managers that we can trust and develop to ensure youths are engaged while we develop other areas. We are proposing to erect our new plant in a 33-ft structure, two-storey building vertical expansion. We are installing a 750kg drier to ensure that our customers are satisfied with quality dry fish well packaged.

“I encourage people to go into fish farming to enable us meet the demand as our own fish pond is not enough to supply our fish requirements. We buy from various fish ponds around to meet up, so if fish farmers increase we will be able to buy them and meet up demand’’.

Iloghalu’s passion for the business inspired his wife, a lawyer, Mrs Justina Iloghalu and their children Emmanuel, Deborah and Esther to understudy the head of the family. They aslo appear to have mastered virtually everything in the fish factory, especially the pond.

Iloghalu also encourages youths to engage in fish farming, saying one female fish can give birth to over 40,000 fish. He adds that with the availability of mobile fish ponds and incubating machines in addition to a ready market, Anambra youths will thrive in the business.

Iloghalu equally advocates the establishment of aquaculture clubs in schools and colleges as a means of promoting fish farming at a minimal cost using mobile fish ponds produced by his company.

“Mobile fish pond is a viable venture and I recommend it for schools and colleges through aquaculture clubs or catfish clubs because once you have experience and acquire the skills through the mobile fish pond, the fund will come and viable ventures will start.

“I can supply the equipment because it can be of great assistance in actualising the MDGs especially with the drilling of boreholes in schools and communities so water is no longer a problem. We can have fish labs and fish farms in schools since there is free water supply. Mobile fish pond can fit into any place and can be set up anywhere. There is no limitation and it can generate N180,000 after every four months with 250 fishes.

“People preparing for retirement and people thirsty to create employment can cue into the mobile fish pond because it is the best way to start preparing for expansion. It is age-friendly and less tasking. I can supply the equipment.

“My drier for now contains 150 fishes in a row in five chambers of 1kg each.”

On why he left his lucrative job, he said: “It is passion that is driving this because I left my job of $15,000 a month and others more than that to return to the village to promote fish farming because if I have this dry plant and fish ponds, I will engage Nigerians and, by that, I am adding value to my people. We have a facility with the bank and we are encouraged by that because we had expected that somebody will say we have not been in Anambra. If we have the expertise we will install our equipment.

“We are operating at about 30 per cent of our installed capacity. It is not bad but not cheery, so the more many engage in mobile fish farming , the better for us. We don’t have enough human resources and expertise but we are looking for them and I am re-strategising hard to share my knowledge with youths like me.

“This pond here can raise 25,000 fishes…in four months. We have the equipment for intensive system but we do between flow through system and intensive system. For fingerlings production we can produce 150,000 to 200,000 fingerlings in four to six weeks.

While in oil services, Iloghalu invented a smart way to interpret depositional environment using core samples. That caused a stir in the oil industry and he was invited to Spain to talk to oil decision makers and chiefs at an International conference. He did it with Shell, then Slumberger hired him, offering higher wages and took him to every continents except Australia.

His passion was in the operating system and the arrangement was to have a one and half-year patent but was not getting to Research centres as agreed. The job became a routine for him and he resigned to avoid being frustrated.

He said the “only logical thing was to invest at home” and he experimented hatching fish, raising them to table size, harvest and dry.

He has a special scheme for NYSC members to teach them to become successful fish farmer, even with mobile fish pond.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-extra/smoked-fish-factory-springs-up-in-anambra/

4 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by raker300: 2:40am On Feb 12, 2016
Investnow, it's like you're from adazi?

The chic I used trip for is also from adazi...she called me to let me know the day a guy proposed to her. Of cos I was pissed but she showed me a level of respect I couldn't measure

5 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by o42austino(m): 8:50am On Feb 12, 2016
lonelyisland:
Op, if I start posting pictures of Agulu you go just Kukuma run comot from you thread.. Anyway Shaa.. We are all families
we are all from Aniocha, I Rep Adazi-Ani

5 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by Udmaster(m): 9:13am On Feb 12, 2016
Anambra kwenu! I love this state. Great IGBO State.

3 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by justice2016: 10:27am On Feb 12, 2016
This is my home town

4 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by PAINGAIN: 10:58am On Feb 12, 2016
investnow2013:
Bubendorff Memorial Grammar School Adazi Nnukwu!.... This the School of Chief Victor Umeh & So many important persons in Anambra State & beyond!.
that is also my school. BMGS. I was the star player in our soccer and volley ball teams during those years of all week sports festival for anaocha l.g.a. hosted at bmgs. Damn, those were good old days.

3 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by LoveMachine(m): 11:31am On Feb 12, 2016
Looking good! Pull ya shirt!

1 Like

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by Litmus: 11:57am On Feb 12, 2016
Thank you for this. Coincidentally i wrote something on the need for Nigeria and indeed African Nations to look again at Villages/Rural communities. It seems to me that initiatives to invest in villages and rural communities could be the way forward. I don't believe that African Nations will ever be able to create enough job opportunists for young people in the way that all these international organizations advice in order to prevent unrest. At least not in all these city places like Lagos, Abuja, Asaba etec. It seems to me that the Bokoharam madness provides some lessons in their dream of returning society to an agrarian level in which their medieval religion is more suited. Or at least, critics of radical Islam argue that, effectively, this is what they want. It seems to me that a dual drive is possible: urbanization and industrialization in the cities and a a sort of futuristic sophisticated, agricultural and environmental push in what are now villages. In short, a modernized agriculture/environmentalist based society in what are now rural communities could provide aspirational living for vast amount of young people that currently only see progress in terms of moving to cities or creating cities.
Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by investnow2013: 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2016
raker300:
Investnow, it's like you're from adazi?

The chic I used trip for is also from adazi...she called me to let me know the day a guy proposed to her. Of cos I was pissed but she showed me a level of respect I couldn't measure
Well connected there both in education & in relationship!.
Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by investnow2013: 12:10pm On Feb 12, 2016
Female Football Team of Lorreto College Adazi Nnukwu!.

3 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by Viktor1983(m): 9:37am On Feb 13, 2016
investnow2013:
Female Football Team of Lorreto College Adazi Nnukwu!.

Is it lorreto college now? it used to be lorretto special science school the. ...My sisters alma mater. She's a biochemist now.

2 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by doctokwus: 10:34am On Feb 13, 2016
investnow2013:
Still some of the Village roads in Adazi Nnukwu
I once commented on how astonished I was that some of the village roads in Anambra are tarred and better than what u find in many cities in Lagos.
I maybe wrong but I think Anambra villages have the best roads and infrastructure in Nigeria,some even have solar street lights according to eyewitness accounts.
Op,forget o,if people I know from Anambra show u their own village and town pics,you wud renounce your adazi.
Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by jonathanOz: 10:54am On Feb 13, 2016
doctokwus:

I once commented on how astonished I was that some of the village roads in Anambra are tarred and better than what u find in many cities in Lagos.
I maybe wrong but I think Anambra villages have the best roads and infrastructure in Nigeria,some even have solar street lights according to eyewitness accounts.
Op,forget o,if people I know from Anambra show u their own village and town pics,you wud renounce your adazi.
No need for di.ck measuring. Many igbo villages and towns have beautiful buildings in no small amount. That can't be disputed. And i think the op is not from Adazi even. He is from Ozubulu i guess
Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by odogwu125: 11:04am On Feb 13, 2016
I laff at d ignorance of those using d word "village" in a derogatory way.
Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by TheArchangel(f): 11:50am On Feb 13, 2016
Loretto di na Agulu naa, n'iru St Joseph Adazi.

Agulu na Adazi di ka Olajumoke the model. All of a sudden they were remembered and beautified.
knowledgeable:

@inestnow2013, that's my granddad right there. I thank you immensely and with time, I will reveal my identity to you. You've done a tremendous job for AlaIgbo single handedly. To put it in context, the value of your promotions & PR for AlaIgbo could run into $billions, now and into the future from an investment perspective. "Keep up with the good work my bro".
You must have a hollow nose as an identifier for the Orjiakors.

Are you ABC?

2 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
TheArchangel:

Agulu na Adazi di ka Olajumoke the model. All of a sudden they were remembered and beautified.You must have a hollow nose as an identifier for the Orjiakors.

Are you ABC?
But their sign board is displaying Adazi-Nnukwu and also the school badge on their cloth and Vehicles is written on it Loretto Special Science School Adazi-Nnukwu

1 Like

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by investnow2013: 12:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
TheArchangel:

Agulu na Adazi di ka Olajumoke the model. All of a sudden they were remembered and beautified.You must have a hollow nose as an identifier for the Orjiakors.

Are you ABC?
Lorreto is in the boundary of Adazi Nnukwu & Agulu, but belong to Adazi Nnukwu!. Although Agulu wanted in the past to claim it, but was in many occasions defeated in the court of law, but finally the case was put to rest by Mr Peter Obi who is from Agulu, but always stands for the truth!, Who advised Agulu people to stay clear of Not only Lorreto, but St Joesph Hospital & Bubendorff College which are all in The boundary, but belong to Adazi Nnukwu Town!

1 Like

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by TheArchangel(f): 12:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
investnow2013:
Lorreto is in the boundary of Adazi Nnukwu & Agulu, but belong to Adazi Nnukwu!. Although Agulu wanted in the past to claim it, but was in many occasions defeated in the court of law, but finally the case was put to rest by Mr Peter Obi who is from Agulu, but always stands for the truth!, Who advised Agulu people to stay clear of Not only Lorreto, but St Joesph Hospital & Bubendorff College which are all in The boundary, but belong to Adazi Nnukwu Town!
Rayhut:

But their sign board is displaying Adazi-Nnukwu and also the school badge on their cloth and Vehicles is written on it Loretto Special Science School Adazi-Nnukwu
I was echoing what I used to know.
Thanks for the corrections. I appreciate.

4 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by investnow2013: 12:40pm On Feb 13, 2016
TheArchangel:
I was echoing what I used to know.
Thanks for the corrections. I appreciate.
You are welcome!
Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by investnow2013: 12:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
Viktor1983:

Is it lorreto college now? it used to be lorretto special science school the. ...My sisters alma mater. She's a biochemist now.
It is still Lorreto Special Science School,but there was also a plan to turn it in future into a Politechnic by the Church/Govt!

1 Like

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by investnow2013: 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
Plan of a new E-Library,ICT Centre & Student Hall of Lorreto School Adazi Nnukwu!

2 Likes

Re: The Politics of Village/Town Development In Anambra State:Adazi Nnukwu by Viktor1983(m): 1:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
investnow2013:
It is still Lorreto Special Science School,but there was also a plan to turn it in future into a Politechnic by the Church/Govt!

Not a wise decision, the should find land and build whatever poly else where.
Lorretto is doing perfectly well if u ask me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Death Of Idps: As Kashim Shettima Waits For Jonathan’s Call / Yoruba Youths Kick Against Restructuring. / Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.