Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of (1139 Views)

It's Over For Nigeria - See What IPOB And Rev. Father Were Doing Inside Church / Ipob And Passengers Drag And Beat A Driver To Coma In Asaba For Hitting A Woman / Thomas Osen Ekpemupolo's Death: Sympathisers Storm Tompolo's Family House (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by 49cents(m): 10:34am On Feb 12, 2016
IPOB don't realise that they are actually fighting for the liberation of Nigeria and Nigerians from these cage territory with no sincerity to deliver prosperity and structures that will promote proper human development to the citizens.

They are paying the supreme price while other regions particularly the South West and South South scorn and scoff at them; these two other regions, under the tyranny of the North, would be glad if the North is shrugged of from their resources and lands yet out of fear they remain boot lickers!

Even if Biafra was redefined to the present day SE only, and if by some miracle SE becomes a sovereign state, SW and SS will ride on the same road paved with the blood of the IPOB youths whom they derided to become a sovereign state which they all secretly desire but are too cowardly to demand.‎

IPOB and it's sympathisers should have the sense to know that they are paying a price to high not for themselves but for their mockers.

Until there is an alliance by the south to break up from the North any solo move is foolhardy and the victory if ever won pyrrhic.

Igbos should be like the yorubas, who are enjoying the spoils of Nigeria till it collapses naturally; though Igbos are even making a lot of profit even in the present Nigerian State but in their folly they never 'think home'

Igbos have the greatest investment outside their domain yet they long for Biafra while living outside her, while not putting their money where their mouth is.

These overt eagerness by IPOB and it's sympathisers have provoked suspicion even from their SS cousins, who are the most spineless geo-political zones there is in Nigeria.

Governor Obaino has demonstrated that Igbo land can still be developed amidst the fake federal system which slows eager regions down economically; let us be like Obaino first then when it's time Biafra may meet us prepared. ‎

A proud but disgruntled Igbo Son

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by YourMrBoo: 11:20am On Feb 12, 2016
You be Boss.

1 Like

Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by lastsec: 11:24am On Feb 12, 2016
OP! remove yorubas, I rather form alliance with North than yorubas and by the way yorubas are not south, they are simply west.

SS/SE all the way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by chriskosherbal(m): 11:25am On Feb 12, 2016
Peace is all we need.
Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by obailala(m): 11:43am On Feb 12, 2016
49cents:
IPOB don't realise that they are actually fighting for the liberation of Nigeria and Nigerians from these cage territory with no sincerity to deliver prosperity and structures that will promote proper human development to the citizens.

They are paying the supreme price while other regions particularly the South West and South South scorn and scoff at them; these two other regions, under the tyranny of the North, would be glad if the North is shrugged of from their resources and lands yet out of fear they remain boot lickers!

Even if Biafra was redefined to the present day SE only, and if by some miracle SE becomes a sovereign state, SW and SS will ride on the same road paved with the blood of the IPOB youths whom they derided to become a sovereign state which they all secretly desire but are too cowardly to demand.‎

IPOB and it's sympathisers should have the sense to know that they are paying a price to high not for themselves but for their mockers.

Until there is an alliance by the south to break up from the North any solo move is foolhardy and the victory if ever won pyrrhic.

Igbos should be like the yorubas, who are enjoying the spoils of Nigeria till it collapses naturally; though Igbos are even making a lot of profit even in the present Nigerian State but in their folly they never 'think home'

Igbos have the greatest investment outside their domain yet they long for Biafra while living outside her, while not putting their money where their mouth is.

These overt eagerness by IPOB and it's sympathisers have provoked suspicion even from their SS cousins, who are the most spineless geo-political zones there is in Nigeria.

Governor Obaino has demonstrated that Igbo land can still be developed amidst the fake federal system which slows eager regions down economically; let us be like Obaino first then when it's time Biafra may meet us prepared.

A proud but disgruntled Igbo Son
There is nothing truer than the bolded statement. I think there is something fundamentally wrong with fighting the external war when the internal clean-up is yet to be done. I have always believed that irrespective of the obvious problems of our current federal system, if we had visionary, focused leaders in the SE, tremendous progress can still be achieved, after which we can then start any fight with the central government. I thank God for a person like Obiano who is proving the naysayers wrong, just imagine if all other SE governors were like Obiano?... Or just imagine we still had leaders like Sam Mbakwe alive in the SE? The progress made would have been monumental and the whole lamentations about underdevelopment and secession would have been hushed, even as the SE flourishes and shames other zones of the federation. Finally, it is at that point that a call for Biafra would be meaningful; the heightened call for secession today is just an emotional reaction to the politics of GEJ vs Buhari and it is devoid of any proper economic reasoning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by obailala(m): 11:47am On Feb 12, 2016
lastsec:
OP! remove yorubas, I rather form alliance with North than yorubas and by the way yorubas are not south, they are simply west.

SS/SE all the way.
Stop acting like a scorned 2nd wife, on the broad scheme of things, Yorubas have done nothing to Igbos. If there is any region the Igbos should have any bad feelings towards, it is the north (for clear and obvious reasons). For a lot of Igbos like yourself today to detest the SW more than the north, that is sadly just a clear sign of immaturity and confusion; and such emotional directionlessness will take us nowhere.

4 Likes

Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by 49cents(m): 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
obailala:
Stop acting like a scorned 2nd wife, on the broad scheme of things, Yorubas have done nothing to Igbos. If there is any region the Igbos should have any bad feelings towards, it is the north (for clear and obvious reasons). For a lot of Igbos like yourself today to detest the SW more than the north, that is sadly just a clear sign of immaturity and confusion; and such emotional directionlessness will take us nowhere.

True talk

Yorubas aren't the enemies they are just 'smarter' at playing their politics

They are progressives and are far more humane than the north; igbos issues is that they are too sentimental about an eldorado called biafra whose time may haven't come yet. What IPOB should rather agitate is a transparent leadership from the governors and the respect for instuitions, without these very things even if Buhari stamps Biafra today these lazy, self serving leadership will keep us from the development the Igbo person seeks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by HtwoOw: 12:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
Epic comment

49cents:

True talk

Yorubas aren't the enemies they are just 'smarter' at playing their politics

They are progressives and are far more humane than the north; igbos issues is that they are too sentimental about an eldorado called biafra whose time may haven't come yet. What IPOB should rather agitate is a transparent leadership from the governors and the respect for instuitions, without these very things even if Buhari stamps Biafra today these lazy, self serving leadership will keep us from the development the Igbo person seeks
Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by 49cents(m): 12:19pm On Feb 12, 2016
lastsec:

SS/SE all the way.

I am not talking of forming a State with the SW region but a broad alliance that will counter the one the north is using against the south to dominate southerners and their God given resources. The northerners run the SW seaports and lucratives borders; they own oil wells in the SS they run the South as though it were really theirs. The Saudarna of Sokoto instilled these idea in them.

Really the South must unite and dictate to the north the terms of a shared statehood

1 Like

Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by lastsec: 12:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
49cents:

I am not talking of forming a State with the SW region but a broad alliance that will counter the one the north is using against the south to dominate southerners and their God given resources. The northerners run the SW seaports and lucratives borders; they own oil wells in the SS they run the South as though it were really theirs. The Saudarna of Sokoto instilled these idea in them.

Really the South must unite and dictate to the north the terms of a shared statehood

Igbos say no to yoruba inclusion. The yorubas should be include with north.

1 Like

Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
OP, you spoke like a true son of the soil. Even though I don't fully align with some of your points, I must confess that this is a wise article relating to IPOB and Biafra that I've read a long time on Nairaland.
You're wise.

1 Like

Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by cokoduck: 12:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
obailala:
There is nothing truer than the bolded statement. I think there is something fundamentally wrong with fighting the external war when the internal clean-up is yet to be done. I have always believed that irrespective of the obvious problems of our current federal system, if we had visionary, focused leaders in the SE, tremendous progress can still be achieved, after which we can then start any fight with the central government. I thank God for a person like Obiano who is proving the naysayers wrong, just imagine if all other SE governors were like Obiano?... Or just imagine we still had leaders like Sam Mbakwe alive in the SE? The progress made would have been monumental and the whole lamentations about underdevelopment and secession would have been hushed, even as the SE flourishes and shames other zones of the federation. Finally, it is at that point that a call for Biafra would be meaningful; the heightened call for secession today is just an emotional reaction to the politics of GEJ vs Buhari and it is devoid of any proper economic reasoning.
U were making some sense until u mentioned GEJ. Nnamdi Kanu actually told him openly that he will lose long before the election and he openly criticised GEJ several times on radio long before the selection. Nnamdi kanu initialli praised obiano to high heavens telling all other governors to imitate him and the people should support him whole heartedly only for obiano to tell the navy to kill ipob members in onicha on a certain Sunday evening when they were EVANGELIZING, so That is how radio biafra turned against him. Btw don't forget that IPOB played a critical role to elect him. I believe there are better ways to deal with that situation than to use hausa controlled forces to kill UR own brothers and sisters, just as u said, we should use brains to solve problems and not muscle flexing. If Biafra comes now do U think obiano will be seen as a hero?
Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
lastsec:

Igbos say no to yoruba inclusion. The yorubas should be include with north.
Most times aligning with your worst enemy may be the defining masterstroke.

1 Like

Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
@Obailala, the mention of Sam Mbakwe made me sober. We lost a legend. Igboland will never forget him. Obiano, Rochas, Umahi, Ikpeazu, Okowa, Ugwuanyi should walk in his footsteps and they'll never lose their way.
Lalasticala, Mynd shouldn't this thread be in front page?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by cokoduck: 1:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
Chiwude:
@Obailala, the mention of Sam Mbakwe made me sober. We lost a legend. Igboland will never forget him. Obiano, Rochas, Umahi, Ikpeazu, Okowa, Ugwuanyi should walk in his footsteps and they'll never lose their way.
Lalasticala, Mynd shouldn't this thread be in front page?
this is why I hate Bahari whole heartedly There were many projects that SAM MBAKWE initiated that this pedo in chief put to a premature death. I will never forgive that child lover

1 Like

Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by obailala(m): 1:42pm On Feb 12, 2016
cokoduck:
U were making some sense until u mentioned GEJ. Nnamdi Kanu actually told him openly that he will lose long before the election and he openly criticised GEJ several times on radio long before the selection. Nnamdi kanu initialli praised obiano to high heavens telling all other governors to imitate him and the people should support him whole heartedly only for obiano to tell the navy to kill ipob members in onicha on a certain Sunday evening when they were EVANGELIZING, so That is how radio biafra turned against him. Btw don't forget that IPOB played a critical role to elect him. I believe there are better ways to deal with that situation than to use hausa controlled forces to kill UR own brothers and sisters, just as u said, we should use brains to solve problems and not muscle flexing. If Biafra comes now do U think obiano will be seen as a hero?
Actually this is not really about nnamdi kanu, he may have been focused about his campaign and his disregard for GEJ or PMB, but let's be honest with ourselves, majority of the followers which kanu was able to gather are purely Igbos who were VERY ANGRY over the outcome of the 2015 election. That's the reason I made the statement about the present struggle being more politically driven than economic.

Regarding Obiano, it is not nice when people dwell on emotions; putting sentiments and emotions aside, do you in all honesty believe that Obiano ordered those navy men to go KILL ipob members?? Similarly just recently in Owerri a similar situation occured where protesting doctors were shot at, do you in all honesty believe that Rochas expressly ordered those policemen to go and KILL protesting doctors?? We should learn to stop allowing our emotions get the better part of us, or else we would believe anything we are told without consideration and we would most definitely be misguided into channelling our anger to the wrong enemy. Finally whether Biafra comes or not, every right thinking and rational Igbo man would still respect Obiano, the only ones who would't are those who have allowed emotions becloud their reasoning and who have allowed others to do the thinking for them.

4 Likes

Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by cokoduck: 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2016
obailala:
Actually this is not really about nnamdi kanu, he may have been focused about his campaign and his disregard for GEJ or PMB, but let's be honest with ourselves, majority of the followers which kanu was able to gather are purely Igbos who were VERY ANGRY over the outcome of the 2015 election. That's the reason I made the statement about the present struggle being more politically driven than economic.

Regarding Obiano, it is not nice when people dwell on emotions; putting sentiments and emotions aside, do you in all honesty believe that Obiano ordered those navy men to go KILL ipob members?? Similarly just recently in Owerri a similar situation occured where protesting doctors were shot at, do you in all honesty believe that Rochas expressly ordered those policemen to go and KILL protesting doctors?? We should learn to stop allowing our emotions get the better part of us, or else we would believe anything we are told without consideration and we would most definitely be misguided into channelling our anger to the wrong enemy. Finally whether Biafra comes or not, every right thinking and rational Igbo man would still respect Obiano, the only ones who would't are those who have allowed emotions becloud their reasoning and who have allowed others to do the thinking for them.
THAT is what I hate about u people. Obiano is an ingrate, Whether u or he likes it or not, he killed the same people that loved him and I don't understand why u people always call emotions, Obiano is doing nothing in that state, I am from nnewi south, mom is from Ihiala both in anambara state, okay? Hobnobing with that evil man called gown and the child lover aka president is not gratitude. If u think he is doing anything just do a research on Sam mbakwe very well and u will understand
Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by obailala(m): 2:50pm On Feb 12, 2016
cokoduck:
THAT is what I hate about u people. Obiano is an ingrate, Whether u or he likes it or not, he killed the same people that loved him and I don't understand why u people always call emotions, Obiano is doing nothing in that state, I am from nnewi south, mom is from Ihiala both in anambara state, okay? Hobnobing with that evil man called gown and the child lover aka president is not gratitude. If u think he is doing anything just do a research on Sam mbakwe very well and u will understand
Whether you chose to agree or not, the fact remains that Obiano did not kill nobody. Secondly, it is not only the group of people who gathered for that your fellowship that voted for Obiano, stop patronising yourself.

You ask what emotion means? Emotions could either be hate or love or sadness or anger, and it usually has one simple effect; it makes the person blind to realities. First of all, that you hate BUhari is not a reason why Obiano and everyone else should hate him. Secondly, that your leader tells you Buhari is a paedophile does not mean Buhari is a paedophile; it's on record that he married his wife when she was above 18, only individuals who have chosen to block their brains (due to emotions) still think otherwise, wake up from your blindness. Thirdly, Obiano may not be as great as Mbakwe, but amongst the pack of SE governors, he currently leads.
Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by asha80(m): 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2016
cokoduck:
when last did you go to your state?no be gabon you dey? I also heard you guys have added ikpeazu to the list of governors 'killing' ipob members no be so? Saying that is the reason obasanjo came to aba to tell ikpeazu to curtail ipob? Continue with the self brainwashing
Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by cokoduck: 3:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
obailala:
Whether you chose to agree or not, the fact remains that Obiano did not kill nobody. Secondly, it is not only the group of people who gathered for that your fellowship that voted for Obiano, stop patronising yourself.

You ask what emotion means? Emotions could either be hate or love or sadness or anger, and it usually has one simple effect; it makes the person blind to realities. First of all, that you hate BUhari is not a reason why Obiano and everyone else should hate him. Secondly, that your leader tells you Buhari is a paedophile does not mean Buhari is a paedophile; it's on record that he married his wife when she was above 18, only individuals who have chosen to block their brains (due to emotions) still think otherwise, wake up from your blindness. Thirdly, Obiano may not be as great as Mbakwe, but amongst the pack of SE governors, he currently leads.
a one eyed man is the leader of blind people so I get U very well
Re: Of Ipob And Its Sympathisers: What They Should Take Note Of by cokoduck: 3:53pm On Feb 12, 2016
asha80:
when last did you go to your state?no be gabon you dey? I also heard you guys have added ikpeazu to the list of governors 'killing' ipob members no be so? Saying that is the reason obasanjo came to aba to tell ikpeazu to curtail ipob? Continue with the self brainwashing
I work and live in Gabon and I visit anambara from time to time. But I just want to see where ur Nigeria will progress to, u can't go anywhere walking backwards. Progress na make I see.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Rapidly Vanishing Mystique / We Now Import Grass Into Nigeria? Minister Of Agriculture Speak. / Where Were You When Jonathan Was Nigeria's President ? – Buhari Blasts Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.