Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,779 members, 7,851,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:14 AM

Dollar Will Continue To Rise Until......... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dollar Will Continue To Rise Until......... (517 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Will Continue Agitation For Igbo Nation – Wife / Why North’ll Continue To Be Problem To Nigeria –balarabe Musa / Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dollar Will Continue To Rise Until......... by fancyupage(f): 10:48am On Feb 12, 2016
I have read many comments on the economic situation in Nigeria with some Nigerians saying that we are not fair on Buhari, he has only done 8 and half months of his 48 months. This is approximately 16% of his time in power, we should give him more time and I have asked how many more time? 48 months?

I am not expecting magic from Mr President, but I will like indices that shows we are moving in the right direction even if it is a 20 years journey.

APART FROM THE MESS OF 2016 BUDGET INCLUDING PAYING RENT ON ASO ROCK (IS THAT TO THE LANDLORD:IBB), IT WILL BE GOOD TO KNOW HOW MUCH OF THE BUDGET WILL BE CHASING DOLLARS. HOW MUCH WILL THE GOVERNMENT SPEND ON HEALTH TOURISM ABROAD, SPONSOR EX MILITANTS TO STUDY ABROAD, BUY OFFICIAL CARS ABROAD, BUY FRENCH WINES INTO ASO ROCK INSTEAD OF OUR LOCALLY MADE PALM WINE OR ZOBO AS SOFT DRINK, BUY FURNITURE FROM ITALY INSTEAD OF FROM BABA SULE CARPENTRY WORKS........IF OUR MADE IN NIGERIA PRODUCTS ARE NOT PERFECT, THEN BLAME THE STANDARD ORGANISATION OF NIGERIA FOR NOT SETTING UP AND OR ENFORCING APPRORIATE STANDARDS FOR PRODUCTS. WHAT WE CANNOT PRODUCE WE DO NOT NEED EXCEPT FOR SOME TECHNOLOGIES HOWEVER WE SHOULD SHOW COMMITTMENT TO IMPROVE OUR KNOWLEDGE OF THESE TECHNOLOGIES WITHIN A TIME SCALE.

Leadership is about managing challenges rather than giving excuses, we do not need the government to give us excuses, we are already aware of the challenges, please start telling us how you plan to manage the challenges.

BUHARINOMICS WILL ALWAYS FAIL, IT WILL CONTINUE TO DRIVE 2ND TIER FOREX MARGET GROWTH.

I EXPECTED THE GOVERNMENT TO SHOUT ABOUT AGRICULTURE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS REGIME, WITH MILLIONS OF UNEMPLOYED? ENCOURAGE FARMING OF ONE OR MORE AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE AND GUARANTEE TO PURCHASE FROM ALL FARMERS IF NO ONE ELSE BUYS IT, PROVIDED IT MEETS SET STANDARDS. THE FIRST STEP TO FEED A NATION, CREATE JOBS DRIVEN BY POLICY, THEN IT WILL LEAD TO EXPORTS.

NIGERIANS WILL CONTINUE TO CHASE DOLLARS UNTIL A TIME THEY ARE CONVINCED IT IS NO LONGER OF VALUE TO THEM; TO STUDY ABROAD, TO SEEK THE HELP OF A DOCTOR ABROAD, TO DRINK IRISH CREAM INSTEAD OF "MILKY PALM WINE", TO BUY ASSEMBLED IN NIGERIA CARS INSTEAD OF IMPORTED ONES........

WISHFUL THINKING AND ANGER DOES NOT MAKE A NATION GREAT, BUT GOOD POLICIES AND PRACTICAL ACTIONS DOES.

LONG LIVE NIGERIA.
Re: Dollar Will Continue To Rise Until......... by Young03(m): 10:52am On Feb 12, 2016
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Battle For DGN Presidency Begins, Meet The 3 Major Gladiator / PDP Governors Beg Jonathan’s Ex-ministers / Air Force Chief’s Wife, Amosu, Returns Stolen N381m To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.