Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,127 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:46 AM

Basic Mistakes In A Cv - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Basic Mistakes In A Cv (751 Views)

Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! / CV Of Africa's youngest PH.D holder Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara (Screen Shot ) / ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Basic Mistakes In A Cv by cplatform: 11:06am On Jul 06, 2009
Hello guys,

I started this thread to make people aware of the basic mistakes people make in CVs. Could you elaborate more on what you think are the most common?

I'll start with spelling errors - This is very important and any error however small may jeopardise your chance of getting that dream job.

Gaps in CV - Leaving too much gape without an explanation is not recommended. Gaps betwen jobs should always be detailed.

Alignment- The CV should be well aligned and structured.

Font - It's recommended to use a font of 12 and mostly in Times New Roman

Lies - A lot of people tend to tell white lies in their CV and when it comes to explaining this, they all fall short.

Could you guys give more below?
Re: Basic Mistakes In A Cv by jlee(m): 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2009
Are these truely appropriate 4 a standardized CV

1} A passport Photo inclusive

2} Name of person as header in bolds txt

5} All txt in caps

4} A CV xtending to 3 pages
Re: Basic Mistakes In A Cv by cplatform: 11:33am On Jul 07, 2009
jlee:

Are these truely appropriate 4 a standardized CV

1} A passport Photo inclusive

2} Name of person as header in bolds txt

5} All txt in caps

4} A CV xtending to 3 pages

Of all those mentioned above, I would recommend only the second one i.e. the name od the person as header and also in bold text. Others are complete no-nos.

(1) (Reply)

Prince 2 Eaxms / Lancaster University Graduate Students-past Present And Intending. / I Need Ur Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.