Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,230 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) (16880 Views)

4 Junior Cadet Officers Die In Road Accident Along Kano-Zaria Expressway (Photos / 12 People Killed In Fatal Car Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Photos / Horror Motor Accident Along Kaduna-abuja Expressway (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by healthyarena(f): 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
I schooled in LAUTECH and I know that is no road, I mean even keke napep's will manage it!
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by Nicepoker(m): 4:38pm On Feb 12, 2016
Milikiman:
I don't know da reason y dis always trailer accident.i do ask masef da oyinbo people Wey use ds trailers b4 shey na like ds e take dey get accident bfor we buy am
do u watch high way through hell canada. Serious trailer accidents.
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by Obabajo(m): 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
So sad, may jah protect is pple
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by Exponental(m): 5:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Buhari is a badluck
ODE! Do u know that road at all? That road has been awarded since PDP regime and that portion is left undone. Death on that road is not new. I plied that road for about 20months during PDP regime and there was no palliative measure although the period. So, what bad luck did he bring.
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by PoliticalThuG(m): 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
Exponental:

ODE! Do u know that road at all? That road has been awarded since PDP regime and that portion is left undone. Death on that road is not new. I plied that road for about 20months during PDP regime and there was no palliative measure although the period. So, what bad luck did he bring.
k
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by mubalex50(m): 6:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
d trailer driver dat cause d accident didnt giv me way to overtake him at owode oyo town, i stop 2 top my fuel, on getin 2 ajegunle area of d town i saw d driver in d poor of blood. Head on seperate way, so d hand and d leg.
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by smilinseun(m): 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
Na this road make me begin dey fear trailers and traveling... I suddenly don't feel like traveling on Sunday again.
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by dayosaba: 6:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
greggng:
With all due respect oyo ogbomoso doesn't ve express way. I think the express way conects oyo to ilorin . I am saying this cos I did nysc at ogbomoso and I always ply that ogbomoso oyo dead trap called road.

The road actually gets to ogbomoso b4 it terminates in ilorin. So there is definitely a link. I also served in ogbomoso 2010-2011 and d road was under construction, though it got to oyo as at the. But i agree the oyo ogbomoso road was a death trap.
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by delazore(m): 7:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
Ehhhh shocked this oyo- ogbomosho road self
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by fineyemi(m): 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
I couldnt go to lautech after gaining admission because of that road. I rather go to Uniosun. That road is a dead trap.

Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by Cybertext(m): 7:53pm On Feb 12, 2016
One of the deadliest road I have ever plied on....
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by MONDAYkay(m): 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
the road has been and still under construction for over 15 years. Many pple have lost their lives on this road,in fact some have even bcom handicapped yet it still 'underconstruction'.Even when asphalt are smoothly laid,accident do occur let alone 'jagajigi' road so saddening and disheartening may GOD have mercy and be our shield our evrywhr we go
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by greggng: 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
dayosaba:

The road actually gets to ogbomoso b4 it terminates in ilorin. So there is definitely a link. I also served in ogbomoso 2010-2011 and d road was under construction, though it got to oyo as at the. But i agree the oyo ogbomoso road was a death trap.

My brother if you can survive that road, then you can survive sambisa forest. There is another road which is safe from ogbomoso to ibadan. Although is very lonely road . Through out my stay their I follow this alternative road instead of the death trap called oyo ogbomoso road. You were right that express way was still under construction till I left . I was in batch A 2012. Mine ppa was in a place called ajaawa the town were teju baby face comes from. I love that town. I plan to go back there and start up agric business
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by lebienconnu: 9:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
Let me tell you the truth. The real cause of deaths on the Nigerian roads is not bad roads. On the contrary, bad roads have saved more lives than they have claimed.

The main cause of accidents on our roads is over speeding. Followed by second hand tyres. Recently, an accident was reported in a university environment where the roads are free of pot holes. The VC even clamored for more bumps to serve as speed breakers.
Also, a bus conveying members of staff and some students of a well known polytechnic was, not very long ago, involved in a ghastly motor accident on an impeccable road. Precious lives were untimely cut short. Guess what caused the mishap. A tyre bursted when the drive on excessive speed.

Misunderstand me not. I am not exonerating bad road as a causal agent of some accidents. What am I then saying? Bad road is not exclusively culpable for these unfortunate incidences and even at times serves as blessing in disguise.

I cite yet one more example to further drive home my point. Just last week, many eyes beheld an accident on the famous third mainland bridge. A camry private car rammed into a tipper. The car was on a speed so extreme that words can not describe.

I once heard an elderly man relate an incident about the venerable General Olusegun Obasanjo when the stake holders of a community approached him to facilitate the upgrading of a road that passed through the community to an express, he asked them one question. How many accidents have you witnessed on this road in the past few years? None. They replied. Is it not better you leave it like this? Okikiola opined. Today, the road has been upgraded and unfortunately, number of accidents being witnessed in that community is better imagined.

Today, the then stake holders can not help but be consensus ad idem with Okikiola. But it is too late.

In summary I say, leave the roads as they are until we evolve into more careful road users.

My opinion though.
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by Mzdemmie(f): 10:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
That road is error...I go through Iwo to Ibadan then to Lagos..or better still go to Ife from Ife to Lagos...that road is out of it..many have gone and drivers love to overtake and speed ..those trailers don't care they overtake each other too...smh
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by lanre147(m): 4:40am On Feb 13, 2016
omo that road is a regular customer to road accident... Government should plz quickly complete the other road.... I swear my street wide pass dat road...And trailers dey pass dere every seconds... May God help us... team lautech
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by RotorMade: 7:27am On Feb 13, 2016
Something needs to be done about this roads with one of the highest number of Death on Nigeria roads its also only road that serves between the South-West to North that is single lane.. Its was commissioned by OBJ but they never finished it

Cc: lalasticlala[/quote]
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by olatunjin(m): 8:17am On Feb 13, 2016
gurunlocker:
Mehn! I Fuc.king hate this road.... slim, curve and dangerous.
That road is a dead trap is only God that will save us. All the accidents on that road ate caused due to bad road, too narrow and reckless driving of the trailers. Too much of tankers on that axis overtaking each other. Thank God for His faithfulness
Re: Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) by LoveJesus87(m): 8:29pm On Jan 29, 2017
omavicky:
Currently serving at ogbomoso,that road is so scary,with trailers coming from ilorin to ibadan...I feel discouraged going to ibadan from ogbomoso
Ahah sister!! shocked you can lie for Africa ehn grin na our road dey scary, lol mind ur sef o. Best place to serve cheesy anyways how was your service? smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Not All Of Us Are Criminals, Nigerians In Ghana Cry Out / UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% / My Journey To Hiding Places In Nigeria(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.