Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland (737 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by bombsquad(m): 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2009
I beg all of you ,let general music reign on this fora, This idea of shooting down ever song that doesnt sound western should stop, This idea that everything that is not metaphorical is wack should stop, This is for music and radio not for hardcore rap forum, You people should give way to all and sundry, The society is dynamic in nature and so its music, Modenine may be real to some the same way african china may be real to some also, The internet and the site was not made for modenine fans alone,

a word is enough for the wise, Guilty people you know urselves,change ur ways,
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by dammiecool(m): 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2009
den no dey hear word cool
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by bombsquad(m): 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2009
if they refuse to listen,we will force it down their brains.
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by javalove(m): 7:22pm On Jul 06, 2009
nairaland still deu shack u . na so e do all of us wen we first join
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by bombsquad(m): 8:28pm On Jul 06, 2009
Do you know how long ive been on NL?You can ask `Toni payne about my activities on NE also, I was the mod of her battle section, Asides that,i ran my own battle forum for three yrs, long before you started on forums/, Im a forum vet boi, better believe it, im past forums, i just come here to play
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by ladykool(f): 2:46am On Jul 07, 2009
bombsquad:

Do you know how long ive been on NL?You can ask `Toni payne about my activities on NE also, I was the mod of her battle section, Asides that,i ran my own battle forum for three yrs, long before you started on forums/, Im a forum vet boi, better believe it, im past forums, i just come here to play
okay soooo undecided undecided
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by HohDee(m): 3:13am On Jul 07, 2009
bombsquad:

I beg all of you ,let general music reign on this fora, This idea of shooting down ever song that doesnt sound western should stop, This idea that everything that is not metaphorical is wack should stop, This is for music and radio not for hardcore rap forum, You people should give way to all and sundry, The society is dynamic in nature and so its music, Modenine may be real to some the same way african china may be real to some also, The internet and the site was not made for modenine fans alone,
a word is enough for the wise, Guilty people you know urselves,change ur ways,

am also fkin tired of those cats runnin up & down
frm 1 thread to da other, deraillin evry thread wit dere shit,
they av bin on dis mode9 stuff 4 so lng & peeps r nt stil convince
peeps stil dnt giv a shit, wondrin if they arn't tired either
i jst thinks its high time 4 em to put dere shit on dere own hand
& eat it, instead of tryin to feed us.
[i]i'm jst freakin tired, una no hear?
we r all freakin tired sigh,
eat ur own shit[/i]
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by chrisical(m): 11:41am On Jul 07, 2009
@BOMBSQUAD
I feel the same way sometimes but i choose to continue with it to keep the fun i nomally have whenever am on NL.
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by bombsquad(m): 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2009
it feels good to know that im expressing views folks have had bottled up for a long time,

My people.i would now tell you why it is so, MODENINE has a lot of secret id's on nairaland and allafricanhiphop, He also has his buddies like harry and the rest of them working for him because he's still broke, the moment he gets rich hose same folks would start hating on him,

People,the only way to defeat this Modey cabal is to speak out and defend the kind of music you believe in, This is not modeyland or dollarland, it is NAIRALAND, Nigerians stand up!!
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by craziest: 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2009
Tel dat JaVAGOAT I always misbehave
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by dammiecool(m): 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2009
Thank God human don take over N/L I think is time 2 cage
javagoat n baboontunde they belong 2 d zoo cool
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by chiogo(f): 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2009
Well, if the mode nine threads are the problem, I don't see how that translates to "dollarland", I believe modenine is Nigerian who lives in Nigeria. Just because he raps doesn't make him any less Nigerian than the rest. I'm not even a mode nine fan but threads can be ignored if you don't like the content, no?

And before 'general music' can reign here, somebody has to create the topic, that's all it really takes. Don't blame the fans for creating modenine threads. Really don't see the problem here. smiley
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by bombsquad(m): 10:51pm On Jul 07, 2009
@ Chigo,my borther,i see your pint, but dont you see the neo-colonialism going on here??Modenine is definitely nigerian but could you really say there is much nigeria in his music??even sauce kid is more nigerian than modey, and notice i didnt even use nigga raw as an example, not saying you have to spit like nigga raw to be totally nigerian,but what could we say is really indegenous and nigerian about modey's musicnothing, matter of fact i have to stop talking about modey, old boy aint worth it.
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by HohDee(m): 2:45am On Jul 08, 2009
@ chiogo
da problem is nt wit mode9 thread,
da real thang is bringin mode9 to evry thread created,
girrit?
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by bombsquad(m): 11:00am On Jul 08, 2009
abeg help me tell them ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by chrisical(m): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2009
Talking about the mode 9 issue,modey fans on nl would always argue to any lenght to appraise him even when he is not on point.Truth is you cant deprive anyone of his alliance to an artiste but overzealous and hyperbolic appraisal,which unfortunately is what a lot of mode 9 fans here do,is not too good.
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by sosoboy1: 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2009
chrisical:

Talking about the mode 9 issue,modey fans on nl would always argue to any lenght to appraise him even when he is not on point.Truth is you cant deprive anyone of his alliance to an artiste but overzealous and hyperbolic appraisal,which unfortunately is what a lot of mode 9 fans here do,is not too good.

are u referring to[b] javafool[/b] a his fellow zoo kids. Bleep MODENINE AND ANY BODY THAT TALKS ABOUT HIM
shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by bombsquad(m): 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2009
They are approaching their downfall, Their propaganda will blow up in their face
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by skingo(m): 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2009
This is why i stopped posting on nl. I love bombsquad for your vision, precision and decision on d issue. U got my vote. Nl is back in effect. More sensible members are welcome. I must say i never thot a name like bombsquad had any ideas to offer but i was wrong. Keep rocking.

I hope those in question will take a cue frm dis and seeize d nonsense modeninism. Broke nigga, broke
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by bombsquad(m): 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2009
My brother, thank you, and welcome back, NL is bigger than this miserable modey cabal, lets rock!
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by frijos(m): 5:38pm On Jul 08, 2009
I really don't see any reason for you to be mad OP. This is music section and folks are allowed to yan about whatever artiste they wish to, ok?

I understand ur tryna promote Nigerian music/culture but this is Music/Radio section not "Naija Music section". I also know that this mode9 thing is almost everywhere u look here and making this place look disgusting and irritating but what can we do? Members are making posts/threads they feel interests them and ur complaining? me no no again o! shocked
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by obinna5000(m): 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2009
I believe in this section, both Nigerian and Non-Nigerian music are given an equal voice. And the most dominant genres are Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B and Dancehall.
I don't know why the Mode9 issue is always brought up on every single topic or thread. I am fans of Mode9, Rugged man, M.I., Sauce Kid, Kel and Blaise but I don't go ahead and curse, fight or tongue-lash anyone who has a different opinion about them.
Well, everyone has a right to his/her opinion on this forum, but I don't like the idea of cursing all in the name of making a point or statement.
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by rapjunkie(m): 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2009
and before anybody start, i am NOT hating just stating what i see

to be honest , I have wondered why mode9 is so popular on THIS site but no where else on the web.

Please show me another website that mode9 has this kind of dedicated following?

His Mode9 tv youtube postings hardly have any views so how comes he is so relevant on NL?

who are these core fans?

1. javalove
2. khanye
3. dejiarayo
4. dbr

i think mode 9 is one of them.

javalove is the most suspect because he doesnt say anything on NL apart from mode is great and ruggedman is rubbish. you won't see him comment on anything else.

anywayz, with that said, its a free world, so anybody can write about anybody, anytime they like.
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by icezik1(m): 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2009
I know Javalove ain't modenine because he's my friend on Facebook so I can vouch for him. Anyway, personally, I love Mode 9's music and if anyone asked me a year ago I would have said he was the best rapper in Africa, however, in recent times with the emergence of M.I and resurgence of SauceKid and some other new emcees on the wings especially DaGrin, I believe Mode9 needs to up his game and come out with something more people can connect to. I wonder where his "Talking To You" video featuring Banky W is? He needs to release that video alongside "Nine" and maybe "Big Boy Rap" and He will shoot back up to the top.

Just an observation. I hope Javalove agrees.
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by icezik1(m): 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2009
On a side note if he can get Pixel Chaos to do his "Talking To You" video it would be great. They are the guys behind M.i's "Safe", Djinee's "Lade" and Dipp's "Dangerous".
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by dammiecool(m): 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2009
@rapjunkie
na true u talk,none of those guyz  might not be mode ix,but Im very sure they re people
who re very close 2 him. cool
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by rapjunkie(m): 8:43pm On Jul 09, 2009
rapjunkie:

and before anybody start, i am NOT hating just stating what i see

to be honest ,  I have wondered why mode9 is so popular on THIS site but no where else on the web.

Please show me another website that mode9 has this kind of dedicated following?

His Mode9 tv youtube postings hardly have any views so how comes he is so relevant on NL?

who are these core fans?

1. javalove
2. khanye
3. dejiarayo
4. dbr

i think mode 9 is one of them.

javalove is the most suspect because he doesnt  say anything on NL apart from mode is great and ruggedman is rubbish. you won't see him comment on anything else.

anywayz, with that said, its a free world,  so  anybody can write about anybody, anytime they like.

I forgot to include rhymestein/ ninestein? who else would be able to dig up obsure rap reviews on mode and go to great lengths and detail to tell us how great mode is?

hmmmmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: This Is Nairaland Not Dollarland by bombsquad(m): 9:26pm On Jul 09, 2009
ice_zik:

I know Javalove ain't modenine because he's my friend on Facebook so I can vouch for him. Anyway, personally, I love Mode 9's music and if anyone asked me a year ago I would have said he was the best rapper in Africa, however, in recent times with the emergence of M.I and resurgence of SauceKid and some other new emcees on the wings especially DaGrin, I believe Mode9 needs to up his game and come out with something more people can connect to. I wonder where his "Talking To You" video featuring Banky W is? He needs to release that video alongside "Nine" and maybe "Big Boy Rap" and He will shoot back up to the top.

Just an observation. I hope Javalove agrees.

This has always been my exact point, That is why i stopped listening to modey since elbow room, he has done his bit,time has passed him by, he is now old, he should free the whole thing and look for a small boy to bring out, listening to mode9 now always feels like im listening to wu-tang's old school stuff, the guy time don go!, i don even tire to dey talk about am, Im loving M.I,Sauce kid and Gino, Those are my pple

(1) (Reply)

K16 - Light Up Nigeria / Learn To Sing Properly,get Singing And Voice Training Tips. / "run Things" . . Nothin Like This Ever! Listen And Enjoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.