Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Nigerians Say To Military Brutality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Say To Military Brutality (654 Views)

Buhari Reacts To Military Jet Strike On Civilian Community / Boko Haram Kills 4 Vigilantes While Others Surrender To Military(photos / Buhari To Military: Crush Niger-Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Say To Military Brutality by savio93(m): 7:28am On Feb 13, 2016
As I write this article, my heart still habours a little iota of anger over the incidence that I encountered yesterday on my way back from work.
At alaba Intl axis, a lone unidentifiable soldier was brutalizing a commercial driver for some reasons.on further inquiry, I learn that the soldiers belt was spoilt and he insisted that the driver was responsible(We all know how those stories go). My annoyance is based on the rough inhuman treatment this lone young soldier meted out on the "innocent" driver. he kept on beating this driver with his belt until his face was swollen, all plea by passersby fell on deaf ears. at the sight of the ugly incidence, i wept silently for my country which has conferred absolute power and authority to uniformed men.
When the soldier discovered that the crowd were no longer comfortable with the beating, he tried dispersing us. A young man standing by the road side and fiddling with his phone got thte attention of the soldier, the soldier went straight to the innocent bystander and commanded him to hand over his phone. the bystander refused, and another series of madness began. this lone soldier left the driver he was manhandling and descended on the innocent man who was fiddling with his phone. This final act of impunity and alter misuse of power shattered my heart, and the fact that no one came to his rescue compounded issues.
after a lots of fighting with the soldier, Alaba men that were pleading with the soldier turned against him and descended on the soldier. an anonymous individual within the irate crowd gave the soldier a resounding slap. the soldier ended up running for his life.
Last week, we heard the sad news of how some NDA cadet manhandled a civilian at Jabi park for "just" complimenting a female cadet. thanks to the heroism of fellow Nigerians who recorded the incidence and uploading it on the internet.
Some weeks back, Governor Ambode rescued a young man who was locked in the trunk of a car by two NDA Cadets.

My fellow Nigerians, its high time we rise up and say NO to unnecessary manhandling and unjust treatment received by civilians from the various miltary personnel. the Nigerian army has to rise up and call its men to order. this incidence of yesterday was just one out of many cases recorded daily in this countries.
At Volks junction,, once its 7pm, Some military personnel without ranks and name(unknown soldier) do operate within that axis, collecting bribe from commercial drivers.Yes, Its not just the Nigerian police that collects bribe, the Nigerian army has joined too. I wish that this piece can be read by some higher military authority, they need to call their boys to order.

We say NO to military brutality
Re: Nigerians Say To Military Brutality by dangote7510(m): 7:45am On Feb 13, 2016
why always Nigeria Army, Nigeria Airforce and Nigeria Navy, are de not military?, in civilized country, a civilian is entitled to arrest a Military, but here in Nigeria, try it and u will tell ur story in de hospital only if u survive.
Re: Nigerians Say To Military Brutality by hedonistic: 8:05am On Feb 13, 2016
The cowardice and sheepish mumu-ism of many Nigerians is the major reason this nonsense has continued unabated, 16 long years after our return to Civilian rule. How can a lone bastard in uniform be brutalising random people in the street and all the victims and the on looking crowd could do was PLEAD with him? How about stripping that idiot of his smelly uniform and burning him alive like the worthless chicken he really is.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Say To Military Brutality by ckmayoca: 8:41am On Feb 13, 2016
In as much as some people are praising the NA and happy toward the gruesome killing of other citizens unjustly, the Army will keep flexing their muscles around on everyone to vent their anger.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Celebrates: Corruption Is Hale And Hearty- Femi Aribisala / Lagos, Other African Big Cities Offer Investors Hope In Hard Times / A Letter To The Sun From A Concerned Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.