Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,354 members, 7,812,006 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike (16752 Views)

SARS Operatives Responsible For Kidnappings And Robbery In Rivers - Wike(photos) / Rivers Rerun: APC Unleashes Full Weight Of Federal Might On Rivers / Rivers Rerun : They Have Federal Might, But We Have The People - Wike (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by tommykiwi(m): 1:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
Rivers State has been in the news lately for several reasons including the outcome of the elections petitions in the state resolved in favour of Governor Nyesom Wike who is on a victory lap. In this exclusive interview with Onyebuchi Ezigbo, he spoke on several touchy issues including his experiences at the petitions and courts, allegations of looting $150 million made against his predecessor, Rotimi Amaechi, the allegations leveled against him by APC governorship candidate Dakuku Peterside concerning the Supreme Court ruling, the dwindling price of crude oil, the stalled Mono-rail project, the loans he took from banks and other topical issues

The Supreme Court has affirmed your mandate as the elected governor. How does it feel now that you don’t have to look forward to a rerun?
Thank you for the opportunity to express how I feel after the judgment of the Supreme Court. It is like asking me how do I feel when I have succeeded in my studies after passing through the university and the university has confirmed me as being worthy in character. What I am saying is that the judgment of the Supreme Court has made me to be more committed to God because God indeed came down to manifest Himself and to say I am in charge of the affairs of every man. The Supreme Court judgment reaffirmed our commitment, gave hope to Nigerians that all hope is not lost. The judgment of the Supreme Court saved this nation from the kind of crises that would have occurred if there was an order for rerun. Not neccessarily because of the order for a rerun but if it were to be the right order, rather from the desperation of the ruling party at the national level. We know this from our experience and looking at what happened in Baylesa.

Some of the states that they consider a-must-take are Rivers State and Akwa Ibom State. So, if you take it from that perspective, there was desperation, and a feeling of “We must take Rivers state” which was confirmed by the national chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC). The National chairman did state this when the Court of Appeal annulled our election. He came out and said they are also going to take Akwa Ibom, as at that time Akwa Ibom hadn’t been annulled. When the Supreme Court gave this judgment, you saw how he was agitated and how he reacted that the judgment was so astonishing to them and, why it was so to them was because, by their own calculation, the takeover of Rivers state had been concluded, the takeover of Akwa Ibom state had been concluded and so since that wasn’t the case, they said it was not a reality; that it is a drama, but indeed they didn’t take into consideration that God has the final say. That man can propose but God can dispose. For me, it was happiness and joy and it should not be because of me that there would be bloodshed and I told those who are close to me that I know my people will resist any attempt by anybody to rig an election and if they are resisting then that will lead to violence and that will lead to bloodshed. It gives me happiness that God said no it won’t be because of you that there would be bloodshed in Rivers state. When the ruling party at the national level was crying out, it showed that if there was anything they wanted to do then that thing had already been done. In fact, I can even tell you that when Dr. Chris Ngige’s father died; during the burial ceremony in Church, Dakuku Peterside was introduced as the incoming governor of Rivers state not minding that the matter was still before the Supreme Court. So, to them that was fiat accompli, the matter had been concluded. In fact, INEC had gone ahead to fix February 6th as date for a re-run election. Yes I said so because before the judgement of the Supreme Court, INEC had invited my party chairman and other political parties to prepare for a re-run on the 6th of February and I asked why would we have a re-run when we are expecting the Supreme Court’s judgement? Is it that we are going to do a re-run now and if the governorship election is annulled by the Supreme Court, then you do another election and they said no but that they believe because the tribunal, the Court of Appeal had upheld the annulment that it would be difficult for the Supreme Court not to follow suit. Therefore, they have put February 6 as re-run date. So, that shocked me. After the Supreme Court judgement, you should have seen the reaction in the state; everybody was happy and joyful in the state which goes to confirm to you that indeed God used the Supreme Court to avert bloodshed; to bring peace to the state, to say there won’t be bloodbath and so, asking me how I feel, I feel like dancing everyday and giving thanks to God that it is not because of me and it won’t be during my time that there would be blood bath.

Talking about bloodshed, one of the reasons APC advanced in seeking to nullify your election was that there was violence and massive bloodshed during the Rivers state election. In fact, they mentioned that about 100 people were killed.
I thank you for that question. I will expose their ignorance and the kind of lies they tell. If you say that there was violence, if you say people died in the course of the election, if you say that some people were kidnapped, is it not their responsibility to show evidence of those who died in that election. They needed to let the tribunal know the people that were kidnapped. As I speak to you, let them mention one death certificate that was tendered at the Tribunal to show that during the election that Mr. Z died, look at the death certificate. In the course of this election, look at the dead bodies, look at those that were kidnapped, look at those arrested perpetrating the violence, not one was shown. So, it is not enough for you to say there was violence and you say people died, people were kidnapped and you didn’t show the Tribunal evidence

that people died, that people were kidnapped during the election and it will now be left to the Tribunal to make up their mind and say look, having shown us this death certificate, having shown us these people that were kidnapped, those that were arrested and injured then we are truly convinced that this people died during the course of the election, but not one was tendered in evidence. It is not even enough to say I have brought video coverage of people who died, because assuming that there was video coverage and the coverage shows people being killed, you must go beyond this to say yes this death occurred during the election; not to talk of a situation where it wasn’t shown at all. Now, how did the Tribunal come to the conclusion that there was violence in the election? Rather, what they did was to base their argument on hearsay. Not even newspapers were tendered to show as evidence. The army came, even those that weren’t part of the election, came to testify and they said they didn’t arrest anybody, the police came and also said they didn’t arrest anybody. They also confirmed they didn’t see anybody thumb-printing, that they didn’t arrest anyone with electoral materials. So, how was the election violent? They only said that they were hearing shootings but they couldn’t arrest one person. Ask the SSS what happened? We were told that election didn’t take place in some areas. Now, tell me, is that enough for the Tribunal to say yes, there was violence. So you see the entire trial was based on propaganda, on nonexistent facts. In their petition they said they will show in the course of the trial video coverage where people were thumb-printing, where people were killed and they will use forensic examination to show that there were multiple thumb-printing but not one was shown, not even the forensic expert, not one. The Tribunal granted them leave to go and inspect. Ask them what the result of the inspection was. Did they tender any document to show that this was the result of our inspection? So, it is not just to say, Army said there was no election, SSS said there was no election, Police said there was no election; did you tender any security report be it from the Army, SSS or police saying this is our security report, that election wasn’t conducted. All they did is wear black shirts and say those people who killed our people God will pay them back, where are these people that were killed? Who made statement to the police that their person was killed? Who has seen their dead body?

Source....http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apc-was-relying-on-lies-propaganda-and-federal-might-to-take-rivers-state-instead-of-proving-its-allegation-of-over-voting/231853/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by chxe: 1:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
Zombies. Over to u..

Please what is the meaning of FTC? i see it all the time

30 Likes

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by dechriscool(m): 1:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
Nyesom Wike,ebube dike.We know them,it is in their blood -lies,propagandas and deceit.That is their core values and party principles.It is their mission statements.
We thank God for the gift of you.New Rivers vision.We dey operate on high spirit,no shaking tree,we believe you.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by mrvitalis(m): 1:41pm On Feb 13, 2016
Sha supreme Court said the election was free and fair right?
So let's repeat it again.
Remember not to come out outside ur polling unites ooh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by ahaika23: 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
APC is dead and buried in the better south!

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by SouthernBreeze(m): 2:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
mrvitalis:

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
mrvitalis:
TAKE HEART, ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD tongue

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
mrvitalis:

I hope you are in Rivers and not typing from one brown roof top in Ogbomosho!! What you people saw in Bayelsa will be a child's play compared to what awaits you in Rivers state.

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by mrvitalis(m): 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
chukwudi44:

I hope you are in Rivers and not typing from one brown roof top in Ogbomosho!! What you people saw in Bayelsa will be a child's play compared to what awaits you in Rivers state.
Am a confirm diobu boy

6 Likes

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
I WATCHED WIKE LIVE ON A.I.T, HE SAID THAT 'ANY PERSON SENT FROM ABUJA TO RIG IN RIVERS STATE SHOULD SHOW THEIR WILL TO THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILY'. WIKE IS NOT A MAN TO JOKE WITH AT ALL.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by dechriscool(m): 3:33pm On Feb 13, 2016
mrvitalis:

Am a confirm diobu boy
.Then you must be an opobo boy who resides at those numerous watersides terrorizing Diobu.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by oganology33(m): 3:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
mrvitalis:
Even if d election is conducted 2016 times. . .U will not do jack!!!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by tejpot(m): 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
unbelievable

1 Like

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by kennyman2000(m): 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by wilcox(m): 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
God, pass them

2 Likes

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by BIGTinfotech: 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
Yo
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by saintkel(m): 4:56pm On Feb 13, 2016
Dear wike we have won Rivers State now its time for action n not exchange of words leave dat to daddy Lying Liar Moh'd

18 Likes

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by shamecurls(m): 4:56pm On Feb 13, 2016
mrvitalis:

Am a confirm diobu boy

ya head dey dere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by zuby4real10(m): 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
Breaking news. the old woman from kebbi state hajiya fatimat mai talle Tara who donated her life savings to buhari
campaigns is dead. I am from her home town. we just finished her
burial now. may her soul rest in peace.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
chukwudi44:

Am from Southwest and I say the zombies will not like this.... Stop tribalism

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by neolboy(m): 4:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
True talk nigga

1 Like

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Aristotle96(m): 5:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
chukwudi44:

help me tell am

7 Likes

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Flexherbal(m): 5:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
True talk
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by maestroferddi: 5:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
And propaganda failed them big time...

3 Likes

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by truthspeaks: 5:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
By 2019, anoda party apart frm Apc n Pdp shld take over. Both parties r de same n have offered failed leadership

4 Likes

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by kay29000(m): 5:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
The funny thing is it is people like Wike the Wicked that are shouting PROPAGANDA are the real propagandists.

3 Likes

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by akigbemaru: 5:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
Toyin saraki.
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
is okay . all the drama are over please start working. To those who think that PDP is dead, it is still much alive and before 2019, you would see the real pdp members. Those in APC are in body but not in soul.

3 Likes

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by Chukazu: 5:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
the same way you won the Election through federal might and intimidation, so nothing new

1 Like

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by 1after: 5:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
chukwudi44:

Old man like you still doing tribalism, to you everyone that disagree with una must be Yoruba. No wonder you are still living with your younger bro in 2016, you are Buhari's agemate but always online fighting with little kids. Continue....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by obinnand(m): 5:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
Wike should thank his God cos had it been there was a rerun, he for hear am.
Re: APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike by thefakestan: 5:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
Wike e do!

No make badbelle pple follow you!

ThefakeStan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aregbesola Commissions Cocoa Processing Company In Ede / #Ekitidecides: Udom Emmanuel Speaks On Manhandling Of Fayose (video/pics) / FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.