Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) (17886 Views)

Emir Sanusi & Attahiru Jega At Thomas Hodgkin Memorial Lecture In UK (Pics) / Obasanjo Saluting The Corpse Of Murtala Mohammed (Throwback Photo) / Corpse Of Murtala Muhammed In 1976 (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
angry

2 Likes

Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by omolola15(m): 2:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
happney65:

You wan make Thunder fire you abi? grin
Muritala was a great Guy..At least he started the process to turn over power to civilians that was completed by Obasanjo..He did not destroy a democratic govt like Mr Bubu..Good Guy he was..

I talk am before na. Bad belle. You and negativity una be brothers.
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by christinie(f): 2:48pm On Feb 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by anonimi: 2:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
christinie:
But it's not fair. Why is he treating Nigeria like Cartoon network?

.....because there are too many zombies who see him as their INFALLIBLE, flawless messiah who knows all and will do all on their behalf.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3073565_ctuafvju8aakuv5_jpeg49a942de8e3d1d388856e63d96b767a5

2 Likes

Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by ayatt(m): 3:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by anonimi: 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
ayatt:
hope they are paying you for all this nonsense!! mtcww

In the zombie dictionary, FACTS are the same as nonsense.
True or False grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837478_apczombie_jpeg18e83b86a22c6378b2e3f37984ea3432

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by Ahmedhussain3463: 3:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
christinie:
I wonder when he will find time to visit the BH victims.

nigeria sai buhari
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by happney65: 3:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
omolola15:

I talk am before na. Bad belle. You and negativity una be brothers.

There we go again..No be how he be be that nii?Did he not topple a democratic Government?Habbaa
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by christinie(f): 3:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
Those zombies cry within the confines of their face-me-I-slap-you.

anonimi:

.....because there are too many zombies who see him as their INFALLIBLE, flawless messiah who knows all and will do all on their behalf.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3073565_ctuafvju8aakuv5_jpeg49a942de8e3d1d388856e63d96b767a5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by Ahmedhussain3463: 3:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
Owode1:
MM should NOT be celebrated in Nigeria.
That man ordered the massacre of innocents. He should be tried for war crimes even in death.
e killed biafra dream wit gun
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by Ahmedhussain3463: 3:30pm On Feb 13, 2016
Chukazu:
and nobody remembers nnamdi Azikiwe, because he is not from the "Talakawa and Gambari" Republic?
lols zik was a coupist
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by christinie(f): 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
Sai baba clueles X 100.

Ahmedhussain3463:
nigeria sai buhari
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by Ahmedhussain3463: 3:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
anonimi:

Can a CORRUPT person fight against corruption?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3206894_tmp30566fbimg1450529509545914443311_jpeg4c3407a2efe4a93f64218f856abf9b9a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3191654_1239200310207040029852596885005702579760607n_jpeg655e00798ae6d4674d9087bb4277b198
lol wen buhai was telling u den dt d curruption can nt end curruption,i gues e was referring to jonathan,did u vote him?nigeria sai buhari
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by Ahmedhussain3463: 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:
Really. The citizens of this country do not have contrition in their dictionaries.

What could you ever lecture a supposedly morally conscious people visavis a genocidist as murtala mohammad?

The scares of his brutal murder of innocent men, women and children at Asaba is still in the people's memory.

Please, what memorial lecture?
d guy thwart biafra dream wit starvation and hahahahahahhahahahahah|i salute u general murtala ramat muhammed
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by jelal007(m): 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
Chukazu:
and nobody remembers nnamdi Azikiwe, because he is not from the "Talakawa and Gambari" Republic?
Nonsense...can't igbo leaders remember him? Duhhh
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by nnokwa042(m): 4:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
omolola15:
The great general. He meant well for this country but some bad belles killed him. May Allah continue to bless your soul.

Also i realized I'm the FTC on this post so first off all I'll dedicate this to introvert the lady that never sleeps. I still dey wonder how she dey take be FTC on almost every post.

Also i dedicate this to my craazy ass niggaa happney65 I'm very sure he'll quote this with a negative comment. 7 years on nairaland he made just 1 FTC and na me dash am.
Make i throway salute give my handsome bro as well osquare88

Finally i say thank you to you all for reading this and to my Samsung phone & glo.
Thank you baba God for making this happen barely 2 months on nairaland. Tuaale BABA.
if Nigeria is a civilized country his children will be outcast not talk of government honouring him that man is a killer ask asaba people maybe his in Muslim heaven
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by naijacentric(m): 5:40pm On Feb 13, 2016
nigeria's best president
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by odehman: 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
As WANITES de see baba dem no de happy at all... W.A.N WAILERS ASSOCIATION OF how market
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by AyakaDunukofia: 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ahmedhussain3463:
d guy thwart biafra dream wit starvation and hahahahahahhahahahahah|i salute u general murtala ramat muhammed

He will forever remain exclusively an Hausa Fulani murderous idol. And that is where it ends.

And so shall his memory remain in infamy.

Had he been alive, he could have equally gone the Gen. Mohammed Shuwa way.

Nemesis
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by gidgiddy: 8:56pm On Feb 13, 2016
This is a gathering of retired military criminals who have come to celebrate their leader and late genocidal killer called Murtala Mohammed. There is General Danjuma, the man who killed Ironsi on Murtalas orders. There also is president Buhari who as a young lieutenant in Lagos in 1966 also participated in the killing of over 300 Igbo Soldiers. And how can we forget the devil incarnate called Murtala Mohemmed. All the evils he committed can be read below

zendy:
It beats my imagination that a man like Murtala Ramat Mohammed still has,not just a place of honour on the 20 Naira note, but also has an International Airport and many other landmarks named after him. How is this possible? Or is it that no one cares about history any more? How can such a controversial character still be accorded such recognition?
The sins of Murtala:

1] Led the counter coup and superviced the killing of over 300 fellow officers. Murtala led other northern elements (including the then Lt Buhari) to commit this murderous act in retaliation for what they tagged an "Igbo coup". For me,a coup plotter,wether Nzeogwu or Murutala has any place in history. It should also be noted that everyone who participated in the first coup were punished at the end of the war while Murutala and co who committed far worse atrocities got off scot-free.

2]Troops under Murtala's command committed genocide in Asaba when they entered the city at the start of the civil war. Over 700 defenceless civilians who came to welcome the federal troops were gunned down in cold blood. Wether this happend on Murutala's orders or not is immaterial. His troops killed people and he should bear responsibility for the conduct of his men.

3]Murtala,in direct contravention of orders and sound advice led thousands of Nigerian soldiers to their deaths trying to cross the river Niger (in 3 separate attempts) into Onitsha all in his vain attempt to increase his popularity. His troops would later be destroyed at Abagana and he was recalled from the war and sent to London while many of his men lay dead under the River Niger.

4]murtala came to represent the face of northern domination. He kicked out Gowon,seized power,retired everyone who was above him in rank and in one of the worst acts of military indecipline,he triple promoted himself from a one star Brigadier to a full 4 star General. Murutala was the first military officer to conduct a coup in other to take political power. Even Nzeogwu and co had no intention to take power for themselves.

Murtala Mohammed was a failed soldier,a sociopath,mass murderer and accomplished coup plotter. Because of him,many people needlessly died. My question is this. What is the face of such a despicable man doing on the 20 Naira note?
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by Ahmedhussain3463: 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:

He will forever remain exclusively an Hausa Fulani murderous idol. And that is where it ends.

And so shall his memory remain in infamy.

Had he been alive, he could have equally gone the Gen. Mohammed Shuwa way.

Nemesis
mamar shua is a great man too
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by love23a: 10:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
[imir.ashx?p=ZgAvAG0AZwBWAFEAdwB0ADMASgBQAC8AWgBTAFIAMwBJAHUAKwBYAFYAOcAZwB3AGQAQwBxAHYAYgAwAHoAbABsADkAUABmADcAZQBkAFIANABGAHQAZABJAHAAbAAwAEIASABJADIAeQB2ADAAeQA3AEsAaABKAGQAbgBMADYAUABaAGADMAVgBsAHIAMwBCADQAQgBBAD0APQA=&w=600&mw=600[/img]
[img]http://ww
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by pastormellanby: 10:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
Corruption lives within, an average Nigerian is corrupt, it will be very difficult to correct, that why people will not want the best to rule them, we want someone that will be lying to us, using big big grammar while the economy is going down, we don't want people from our region to be punished for wrong doings and you want Nigeria to move forward continue wailing.
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by Chukazu: 6:39pm On Feb 14, 2016
jelal007:
Nonsense...can't igbo leaders remember him? Duhhh

you see the problem we have, the reason we never ever going to be a nation.

you don't see NNAMDI AZIKIWE as Nigerian leader, instead with your myopic view, you see him as an igbo leader that should be remembered by igbo pple...

only Nigeria.
go to any African countries or world over and see how they revered their " independent leaders, but Nigerian government over the years have chosen to pore scorn on the memory of true national hero,and instead keep celebrating coup plotters.
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by jelal007(m): 8:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
Chukazu:

you see the problem we have, the reason we never ever going to be a nation.

you don't see NNAMDI AZIKIWE as Nigerian leader, instead with your myopic view, you see him as an igbo leader that should be remembered by igbo pple...

only Nigeria.
go to any African countries or world over and see how they revered their " independent leaders, but Nigerian government over the years have chosen to pore scorn on the memory of true national hero,and instead keep celebrating coup plotters.
What is he if not an igbo leader? Duhhh
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by Chukazu: 8:30pm On Feb 14, 2016
jelal007:
What is he if not an igbo leader? Duhhh

the man that got you independence that makes you so called Nigerian is and igbo leaders?
Re: Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
If Buhari was killed in the coup that removed him we would have been told all sorts of myths about his good intentions

All I see here is one former coupist dictator celebrating his fellow former coupist!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Defection: Court Fixes April 11 For Judgment In Suit Seeking Dogara’s Sack / NNPC GMD Awards Control Of Nigeria’s Pipelines To Northern Oil ‘Cabal’ - Gazette / Germany Arrests 3 Teenagers On Suspicion Of Terror Plot, Plan To Bomb Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.