Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,964 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? (1884 Views)

Job Vacancy - Account Officer And Senior Account Officer Position / Finance & Admin Officer Position To Be Filled Urgently / Vacancies For Internal Auditor And Accounts Officer In Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by TaymmyT: 1:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
Am an Accounts Officer working with one coy like that on the island (Travel agency).
I love hunting for jobs even while am working.
From my constant job hunting, i fortunately hit an interview invite for a Financial Controller .

Now, the interviewer has so much interest in me that she believes I can work effectively and efficiently bcox of my Accounting interraction with her (I use accounting terms and even fumble on some Accountant tasks which I can't do) this makes her feel woww!!!.
And the position she was interviewing me for was Financial Controller which the pay is about 350K as she claim.

Another issue is: they said am the one who will set up Financial Policies for the coy since it's new and no finance dpt yet (Gohhbey).
Please my fellow nairalanders and Accountant in the house, can I really do this? Can I possibly deliver the responsibilities of a Financial Controller?
Because me am scared oo, am just an ordinary Accounts Officer oo receiving less Dan 120k.

Please I need advice if I should continue the interview process cox am to meet with the MD and their outsourced Chief Accountant nextweek.

And if am to continue what are the challenges I have in front both at the interview nxtweek and on the job.

What are the financial
Please Accountant in t policies I will formulate for the company and hwo would I continue discharging this Financial controller's duties without fucking up at the long run.

Please Accountant in the house don't let me loose this opportunity.

Accounts officer to Financial controller..Grass to Grace

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by Melahou(m): 2:30pm On Feb 13, 2016
First and fore most there's nothing like an "ordinary account officer"
If it's ordinary then anyone can do it.

All you need to do is to read up the role and responsibilities of a financial controller then marge it with what the company is into then you will half way there.

You'll be in charge of everything relating to the company's finance and it's internal control.

And it's not limited to Tax, Budgetary, financial records and it's interpretations, financial policies and decision making.

1 Like

Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by LaurelP(m): 2:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hello.
Truth is that we all feel the way u are feeling right now, its natural. But u need to calm down and focus on passing the interview first. Other things will flow from there.

Forget about the BIG name, Financial Controller. There is nothing there a graduate with ur experience and a little knowledge cannot do. They already like you which is a plus, dont go there and start feeling inadequate.

Read up on the JD of the position, practice and go for the interview. After the interview you can go for more brushing up and youll be just fine.

Congrats bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by TaymmyT: 3:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
Melahou:
First and fore most there's nothing like an "ordinary account officer"
If it's ordinary then anyone can do it.

All you need to do is to read up the role and responsibilities of a financial controller then marge it with what the company is into then you will half way there.

You'll be in charge of everything relating to the company's finance and it's internal control.

And it's not limited to Tax, Budgetary, financial records and it's interpretations, financial policies and decision making.

@melahou.
All this tasks you've mentioned: Tax, Budgetary, financial records and it's interpretations, financial policies and decision making.
They're all carried out by our Oga chief Accountant in my current place of work and how would I succeed in getting to know all these on the job, sincerely I only read them in the book, I have never work on budget,tax,pension,payroll,financial policies and all what you mentioned above.

Please, how would I do it oooo? Help me. Btw are u an Accountant?
Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by rudolfogbes2004(f): 3:39pm On Feb 13, 2016
TaymmyT:

@melahou.
All this tasks you've mentioned: Tax, Budgetary, financial records and it's interpretations, financial policies and decision making.
They're all carried out by our Oga chief Accountant in my current place of work and how would I succeed in getting to know all these on the job, sincerely I only read them in the book, I have never work on budget,tax,pension,payroll,financial policies and all what you mentioned above.

I suggest u find away to meet wit ur oga chief account, if probably he can put u through on them. Though, this depend on ur relationship wit the oga chief Account. I had a similar problem just few weeks back though I landed the offer but after my first day at work, I didn't go back because what I read on the Internet to convince the interviewers wasn't easy to implement. Hence, there was nobody to put me through. Wishing u all d best.
Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by Melahou(m): 4:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
TaymmyT:

@melahou.

Reading it or someone putting you tru won't solve the problem...
In cases like this you need to be trained especially in the area of tax and interpretation of financial statements.
Go to any tax office (LIRS and FIRS) and ask some questions.

But if you have not really been doing any of those you may likely have issues when computing and to filing.
Yes am an accountant.
Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by Melahou(m): 4:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
TaymmyT:

@melahou.

From your little experience i doubt if you'll be able to pull tru...
Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by nanaiza: 12:13am On Feb 14, 2016
You can pull through. Of course you need help.
But you can pull through.
Mostly you need knowledge, understanding and analytical skills to interprete and make decisions.
1. Read up on the job description.
Are you ICAN chartered? Download the ican pack on the courses. That will give knowledge
2. Meet your Oga, ask questions on what u v read. Pick the most pressing issues you feel will come up in the interview and your first month on the job.
It depends on how close you are. Not to spoil your chances if the new place doesn't work out.

3. You need big brother/sister accountant.
Someone you can run to for help.
Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by Nobody: 12:30am On Feb 14, 2016
Ask for two weeks notice when you get the job and take a training course ( basic) .
If you want to grow, you have to learn..dedicate time ..when you done with the training. Take an exam to know the progress.
Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by dentrice: 11:43am On Feb 14, 2016
decision making, policy formation, budgeting and budgetary control, establishing a well organised finance department, preparation and interpretation of financial statement, etc is not at all easy my brother but you can do it. I am a Chartered Accountant talking from experience. you need the help of a consultant especially in the areas of tax and auditing. God will help you!
Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by egopersonified(f): 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
This is why I always advice my colleagues to learn the basics of everyone's job, don't say I am a cleaner let me stick to cleaning. Another great opportunity is filling in for someone going on leave. But Nigerians would tell you, no be my work, how much them they pay me.

1 Like

Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by Topmostt: 1:33pm On Feb 14, 2016
Get some balls young man and change your life for good.
Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by julyb(m): 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
Guy. u need to stay where u are and gain some experience on your present job. that position requires more than u can handle. I am equally an account officer.u need to put ur applications on hold now and get relevant experience.
Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by Kookny(m): 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
TaymmyT:

@melahou.

Boss,

Whichever decision you take, please let me know.
Whether you decide to leave your current job or to decline the new offer.

Incase you finally decide to leave your current job, give the company notice that you have someone who's capable of replacing you, I studied accountancy as well.

Or perhaps, you feel you can't take on the new job, I'm willing to give it my best shot.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by TaymmyT: 4:58am On Feb 15, 2016
See, I don't have brother/sister Accountant oo.
Please, who's in the house is Accountant with all these experience? Please just lemme come to wherever you'r for training. Please someone should volunteer to train me abeg.
Or should forfeit this opportunity? Me I can't kill myself jaare! Bur 350k no be small money, chaii, pls I need training volunteer, (bur ano get money to offer for now oo) if u an Accountant and you feel u can help me please lemme know. Drop ur number and I will call and watsapp u. May God bless you as you volunteer to help a brother.
Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by ambjamesfag2015: 11:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
mail mudashine at gmail dot com for further helpful discussion, u can do it with necessary preparations
Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by Kookny(m): 1:00am On Feb 22, 2016
TaymmyT:
Please, who's in the house is Accountant with all these experience? Please just lemme come to wherever you'r for training. Please someone should volunteer to train me abeg.
Or should forfeit this opportunity? Me I can't kill myself jaare! Bur 350k no be small money, chaii, pls I need training volunteer, (bur ano get money to offer for now oo) if u an Accountant and you feel u can help me please lemme know. Drop ur number and I will call and watsapp u. May God bless you as you volunteer to help a brother.

Boss, I'm still waiting o
Re: From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? by great664(m): 4:34am On Feb 22, 2016
TaymmyT:

Calm down Bro, its not that that hard as you think but according to you the Cheif Accountant in your present place will be the best to put you through. Just talk to him, remember Account is not self learned, you need someone to put you through and its simple... I am a freah graduate and won't mind starting with Account Officer or a Cashier ......

May God help you.

(1) (Reply)

M.A Logistics Interview-did Anyone Get This? / Exxon Mobil ; Is This Real Or Scam / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.