Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:26 PM

Got A Bank Job Abroad Without Qualification! Glory!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Got A Bank Job Abroad Without Qualification! Glory!!! (1143 Views)

Today’s My Birthday, Got A Cake From Nairaland / How To Apply For A Job Abroad / Nwaamaikpe Finally Got A Day Public Attention He Always Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got A Bank Job Abroad Without Qualification! Glory!!! by bee444: 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
Many reasons why I wouldn't want to work in Nigeria until I bag a Phd in something. Employers always demanding physical paper qualifications/certificates before even considering you for that position. They wouldn't even listen to you let alone allow you to demonstrate your skills or experience.

Countries like UK, Canada and US requires you to have experience and qualifications for the position you're applying for.. but not necessarily. What do I mean Bee? You only need to be bold, articulate and can defend the Resumè you presented to your potential employers.

I did not have any qualifications in the many positions I have applied for in recent years. I only passed through University without finishing. Just a school cert back home in Nigeria. But hey, I look the part, I present myself highly and dress professionally. You would think I went to Cambridge or Yale. But I read and do research on interview questions and answers.

I recently applied for a banking job and went for an interview. Interview 1 was done over the phone, I smashed it. Then second interview with the board, they loved me instantly. I got the job. This has actually been a trend to me. I have lived in the UK, Canada and US. I always get the job I wanted because of His grace and favour.

Employers don't doubt me whenever I tell them I have so and so qualifications and experience. I speak so eloquently with grace. My accent is mixed; doesn't sound Nigerian nor British nor Canadian nor American.. just mixed and employers always commend me fort that.

Education is good, but for me, I do my education myself. The negative side of not having these qualifications would be when I apply for the highest position in a firm. They would want to do some research or investigate my qualifications claim. Don't know if I should just go back to school or continue achieving?

I have worked in the biggest companies in the Europe and North America. And I am closing to 40. Dont know if I can still go back to school, but I wish to have all these qualifications in real life.
Re: Got A Bank Job Abroad Without Qualification! Glory!!! by victor2008(m): 3:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
hope u saying the truth,its only messenger,fork lift operator etc that dont need any certificate to work
Re: Got A Bank Job Abroad Without Qualification! Glory!!! by bee444: 3:51pm On Feb 13, 2016
victor2008:
hope u saying the truth,its only messenger,fork lift operator etc that dont need any certificate to work

My brother.. I would ask you same question if you wrote this stuff. Never done any menial job abroad... always professional job. I was a team leader in 2012 London Olympics Games.

I worked for NIKE INC for two years and was a Consultant with Metlife (Biggest Insurance Company in America) for 2 years. Lots of jobs my brother. But I think its best to go back to school.
Re: Got A Bank Job Abroad Without Qualification! Glory!!! by pendusky(m): 3:53pm On Feb 13, 2016
Experience you get and Qualification you no get and come get job for Obodo Oyibo? That's great!

cheesy
Re: Got A Bank Job Abroad Without Qualification! Glory!!! by betterpikin28(f): 4:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
Please you need to go to school.
Re: Got A Bank Job Abroad Without Qualification! Glory!!! by bee444: 4:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
betterpikin28:
Please you need to go to school.

Thanks my sis. Will do just that.
Re: Got A Bank Job Abroad Without Qualification! Glory!!! by Samspeaks(m): 9:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
@Op ..I really celebrate you o.

CONFIDENCE Is key ! ...
I also always have this crazy boldness that I can deliver at any task that requires my creative expression ... maybe its because of my rugged experience.

Not too proud of my grades from uni but I consistently make sure my thought class and creative delivery in any task is never punctured by the societal rating of academic Grade.

(1) (Reply)

List Of Nairaland Color Codes For Your Comments / Viral Photo Shows Couple Kissing But Everyone Is Talking About Their Baby / Help My Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.