Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Lagos BRT Buses:what's At Stake? Why Not IVM? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos BRT Buses:what's At Stake? Why Not IVM? (891 Views)

Photos Of Ghastly Motor Accident In Benin City After Two Buses Collided. / Help !!! My Hope Of Graduating This Year Is At Stake / Cattle Spotted On BRT Lane In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos BRT Buses:what's At Stake? Why Not IVM? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
It is with great joy that I create this thread because over 100 BRT buses has just been driven past me here at mile2 enroute Agegge/Ojota axis. It is said that many more are on their way.
This implies anticipated boarding ease with less and lesser people waiting in lines to board the limited buses and
little balance being wrested from the danfo guys weekly to light up nights like tonight at the bars and make our pockets swell a bit more than was the case.

However, I'm not happy with this move of the Lagos state government or whoever mans the BRT company to have purchased the new BRTs from China when there are alternatives .
At this unfortunate point in time when our economy is bleeding profusely and our currency - cascading down with great speed and alacrity at the detriment of every well-meaning Nigerian, isn't formulating and implementing policies that would boost the naira every one's duty?

Who carries water to the stream when the stream is home to water?

Are we still suppose to be importing chinesse Yutong buses when we can buy buses of equal value and quality from Innoson - even at cheaper prices ?

When I visited Enugu, Enugu City Bus, their BRT equivalent comprise of IVM buses in entirety. Anambra state government schools use them. The Federal Road Safety and other federal agencies use them... Bob Izua motors of Benin has innumerble vehicles of IVM make, big and small, in his commercial transport fleet . They testify to the quality of these vehicles.

Why exactly are we not towing the same line by buying IVM?
Isn't import substitution and industrialisation the way out of this quagmire any more?

Is it that the authority feel they won't have the chance to get their backkicks from Innoson like they get from the inflated costs at which they buy abroad? If Buhari won't probe this, I'd donate the first Naira to compensate you guys and save our dear economy.
Buy local, we'll still settle you guys abeg.

I pray this reach those concerned.

Save Nigeria!

Patrronise Made In Nigeria!!
Re: Lagos BRT Buses:what's At Stake? Why Not IVM? by emerged01(m): 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
That's because we all don't ourselves as Nigerians.
Re: Lagos BRT Buses:what's At Stake? Why Not IVM? by matrixme(m): 5:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
Imagine if Chisco, Ekene dili chukwu, God is good motors, ifesinachi(or how do you name it) and many other great igbo transport brands first determined to patronize their "brother" exclusively, then the charity would be spread to the South West.

1 Like

Re: Lagos BRT Buses:what's At Stake? Why Not IVM? by Montaque(m): 5:26pm On Feb 13, 2016
Good question.
Re: Lagos BRT Buses:what's At Stake? Why Not IVM? by tonychristopher: 5:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
matrixme:
Imagine if Chisco, Ekene dili chukwu, God is good motors, ifesinachi(or how do you name it) and many other great igbo transport brands first determined to patronize their "brother" exclusively, then the charity would be spread to the South West.

Shut up

They do buy innosson..I am so sure of that
Re: Lagos BRT Buses:what's At Stake? Why Not IVM? by Raymonbell(m): 8:59am On Feb 14, 2016
The idea of buy Nigerian products is growing gradually and we should compel our government to patronize local product. Throwing insult at one another is uncalled for

The north and south has no justification for buying foreign product because our local product are produced in the south east region.

We must buy Nigeria to save Nigeria
Re: Lagos BRT Buses:what's At Stake? Why Not IVM? by sultaan(m): 5:34am On Feb 15, 2016
Still begging government for business?

Someone just mentioned a couple of transporters with big fleets which not go crying on their door step instead of Nairaland.

Are you both not getting the same buses from the Chinese?

(1) (Reply)

How To Manage Your Hard Earned Money / Please Why Is Suya Sold At Night? / Study And Work In USA New Visa Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.