Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt (1181 Views)

Okorocha Receives Osinbajo In Imo State (Photos) / Gov. Okorocha Receives Obasanjo As He Lands In Imo 4 Imo Day Of Thanksgiving(Pix / Okorocha Receives Odigie Oyegun In Imo (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by Abagworo(m): 8:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
By Emmanuel Mgbeahuruike
— Feb 13, 2016 5:54 am | Leave a comment
Governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha yesterday received a copy of the agreement reached by Labour and the Imo state government, signaling the end of the disagreement which arose between the two groups following the suspension of workers of selected Parastatals and Agencies.

The agreement was a product of the Joint Committee made up of the leaders of the organized Labour in the state, their National leaders and Government Representatives.
A copy of the agreement was handed over to the governor by the National President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Comrade Ayuba Wabba and the Chairman of the joint committee, Hon. Ikenna Emeh, at the Government House, Owerri.

Receiving the copy of the agreement, Governor Okorocha said “my action, suspending the workers of the Parastatals and Health outfits was of no personal benefits to me or my family, but to save the soul of the state and guaranteeing the future of Imo children yet unborn.”
On the issue of the 70% and 30% sharing formula for labour and government respectively, Governor Okorocha stated, “I have accepted the formula. And I promise with the 30 percent given to me, I assure Imo people that I will make them happy with that. I am happy that the workers are satisfied with the 70% percent.”

“No worker in the state will be punished for participating in the protest. The agreement will place the truth on a practical manner because people never believed when I say what is being gotten from the Federation Account. I enjoin all governors to copy the Imo formula as it will help the populace understand every government better.”

The governor further stressed that, “I have done all within my reach to please the workers of Imo and provide democracy dividends to the people of the state despite the difficult economic situation in the country. It is unfortunate that over the years, the fumes coming out of the exhaust pipe in Imo are only smokes of consumption and no smoke of production. That can never help to develop the state.”

Governor Okorocha said, “I share in the sentiment of the workers of doing the old things, the old way without any positive result. And if the state must be secured for the future generation, then sacrifice is inevitable. For those wondering who has lost or won in the conflict, there is no winner. There is no loser. We are all winners in the struggle.”
“I believe that the culture in Nigeria does not allow collective ownership of properties, people do better when there is individualism in the ownership of properties. That explains why the concessioned properties of the state government are doing well. I thank labour for doing me a great favour by this agreement.”

Comrade Wabba before handing over copy of the agreement to Governor Okorocha expressed the appreciation of Labour for the constitution of the Joint Committee and the agreement reached, assuring that labour in the state will continue to work together with the government to improve on the lives of Imo people.

Comrade Wabba further remarked “I thank the Security Agencies for doing wonderful job in ensuring that there was no breakdown of law and order. And hoodlums did not take advantage of the situation to cause havoc. The workers will continue to give their best in the service of the nation.”

Wabba continued, “I enjoin the government to ensure that the agreement be given effect and implementation to avoid future re-occurrence of the problem. The agreement signed will be the end of the challenges that necessitated the Joint Committee.”

Part of the agreement read thus, “that Government will retain and run all its affairs with not more than 30% of the verified revenue for the month, while the committee will apply the balance of 70% in the settlement of salaries of public servants and pensioners. The understanding is with effect from January 2016.”

http://leadership.ng/news/500864/okorocha-receives-copy-agreement-labour-govt
Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by Elosky20: 8:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
one thing is to agree, the other is fulfill it
Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by fiftynaira(m): 8:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
Imo is now in the hands of the gods
Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by asha80(m): 8:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
Abagworo:
By Emmanuel Mgbeahuruike
— Feb 13, 2016 5:54 am | Leave a comment
Governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha yesterday received a copy of the agreement reached by Labour and the Imo state government, signaling the end of the disagreement which arose between the two groups following the suspension of workers of selected Parastatals and Agencies.

The agreement was a product of the Joint Committee made up of the leaders of the organized Labour in the state, their National leaders and Government Representatives.
A copy of the agreement was handed over to the governor by the National President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Comrade Ayuba Wabba and the Chairman of the joint committee, Hon. Ikenna Emeh, at the Government House, Owerri.

Receiving the copy of the agreement, Governor Okorocha said “my action, suspending the workers of the Parastatals and Health outfits was of no personal benefits to me or my family, but to save the soul of the state and guaranteeing the future of Imo children yet unborn.”
On the issue of the 70% and 30% sharing formula for labour and government respectively, Governor Okorocha stated, “I have accepted the formula. And I promise with the 30 percent given to me, I assure Imo people that I will make them happy with that. I am happy that the workers are satisfied with the 70% percent.”

“No worker in the state will be punished for participating in the protest. The agreement will place the truth on a practical manner because people never believed when I say what is being gotten from the Federation Account. I enjoin all governors to copy the Imo formula as it will help the populace understand every government better.”

The governor further stressed that, “I have done all within my reach to please the workers of Imo and provide democracy dividends to the people of the state despite the difficult economic situation in the country. It is unfortunate that over the years, the fumes coming out of the exhaust pipe in Imo are only smokes of consumption and no smoke of production. That can never help to develop the state.”

Governor Okorocha said, “I share in the sentiment of the workers of doing the old things, the old way without any positive result. And if the state must be secured for the future generation, then sacrifice is inevitable. For those wondering who has lost or won in the conflict, there is no winner. There is no loser. We are all winners in the struggle.”
“I believe that the culture in Nigeria does not allow collective ownership of properties, people do better when there is individualism in the ownership of properties. That explains why the concessioned properties of the state government are doing well. I thank labour for doing me a great favour by this agreement.”

Comrade Wabba before handing over copy of the agreement to Governor Okorocha expressed the appreciation of Labour for the constitution of the Joint Committee and the agreement reached, assuring that labour in the state will continue to work together with the government to improve on the lives of Imo people.

Comrade Wabba further remarked “I thank the Security Agencies for doing wonderful job in ensuring that there was no breakdown of law and order. And hoodlums did not take advantage of the situation to cause havoc. The workers will continue to give their best in the service of the nation.”

Wabba continued, “I enjoin the government to ensure that the agreement be given effect and implementation to avoid future re-occurrence of the problem. The agreement signed will be the end of the challenges that necessitated the Joint Committee.”

Part of the agreement read thus, “that Government will retain and run all its affairs with not more than 30% of the verified revenue for the month, while the committee will apply the balance of 70% in the settlement of salaries of public servants and pensioners. The understanding is with effect from January 2016.”

http://leadership.ng/news/500864/okorocha-receives-copy-agreement-labour-govt
I dont understand.30% for running affairs of govt and 70% for settlement of public servants and pensioners...what happens to money for capital projects?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
asha80:
I dont understand.30% for running affairs of govt and 70% for settlement of public servants and pensioners...what happens to money for capital projects?

Part of 30%
Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by BeardedMeat(m): 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2016
grin grin very touching story there from Roachas....but the man is a fraud and Imo people already see through him. Abagworo swore that (Imo youths?) Would decimate the labour unions if they should try any nonsense, it seems the so called imo youths reused to take orders to destroy themselves.
Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by BeardedMeat(m): 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
asha80:
There are no capital projects! Besides, Roachas collects and eats LG monthly allocation as well.
Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by Nwaoguta(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
Abagworo you again? You're my brother 4rm orsu-obodo im from umudei village in oguta' but i dont like the way you are supporting this criminal called rochas okorocha.
Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by Okeycima: 9:52pm On Feb 13, 2016
Abagworo My man! My man! So u still dey this forum, after i must have mention u on another thread or abi u no see am?
Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by funkyibodude(m): 10:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
I don't trust Rochass, labor should check very well whether rochass used his real signature in signing that agreement, so that tomorrow he won't deny signing any agreement with labor. That man called rochass has a PHD in fraud angry.
Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by Abagworo(m): 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
asha80:

The 30% includes the capital expenditure. Nigeria is in crisis because of oil price but people have failed to come to terms with reality. What Okorocha wanted to do would have shielded Imo from the impending economic meltdown but myopic Labour failed to accept. Let us see what happens when 70% becomes so meager it might not be enough for 50% salaries.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by Abagworo(m): 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
Nwaoguta:
Abagworo you again? You're my brother 4rm orsu-obodo im from umudei village in oguta' but i dont like the way you are supporting this criminal called rochas okorocha.

Do you really know me? What do you know about Orsu-Obodo and Umudei? Who's the present Odua? I believe you are Chino anyway because we are kingly people. You will never find us disrespect authority like you do.
Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by asha80(m): 8:52am On Feb 14, 2016
BeardedMeat:
There are no capital projects! Besides, Roachas collects and eats LG monthly allocation as well.
tuale4u:

Part of 30%
Abagworo:

The 30% includes the capital expenditure. Nigeria is in crisis because of oil price but people have failed to come to terms with reality. What Okorocha wanted to do would have shielded Imo from the impending economic meltdown but myopic Labour failed to accept. Let us see what happens when 70% becomes so meager it might not be enough for 50% salaries.
it is not only Imo this meltdown is affecting..i guess other states don't want to tell themselves the bitter truth
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/again-states-seek-another-bailout-osun-worst-hit/231895/

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by WhoRUDeceiving: 8:55am On Feb 14, 2016
Every two weeks Okorocha must be in the news because for gullible Nigerians it is a sign of importance and progress. See how many threads started about this tout, then three days will go buy before another round of news that further disgraces Easterners
Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by Schematics: 9:06am On Feb 14, 2016
B.astard, I see everything about you and your state as poo that is why I care-less about you people. You hate the truth so much even when ut is coming from your own people. I don't comment on your ordinary imo state unless you call for it. Stop calling me out unless you want me to be your guest here and on the imo state thread. Be guided..

[s]
Abagworo:

Do you really know me? What do you know about Orsu-Obodo and Umudei? Who's the present Odua? I believe you are Chino anyway because we are kingly people. You will never find us disrespect authority like you do.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by BeardedMeat(m): 9:14am On Feb 14, 2016
asha80:
it is not only Imo this meltdown is affecting..i guess other states don't want to tell themselves the bitter truth
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/again-states-seek-another-bailout-osun-worst-hit/231895/
Does that negate the fact that over the years, Roachas has continued to sit on the federal allocation of LGs. When allocation comes, he merely sends the local council salary to them and appropriate the rest to himself. I am from Imo, I am from owerri, and I know the extent the Roachas government has gone in bringing development to the LGs.
Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by Abagwaro(m): 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2016
What's Okorocha doing with imo state allocation?

Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by Abagwaro(m): 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
Imolites are in pains because of Okorocha

Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by Abagwaro(m): 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2016
Why is Okorocha so wicked?

Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by Abagwaro(m): 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2016
Imolites are dying everyday but okorocha plays politics with everything. Just look at Owerri as small as it is but a huge dump.

Re: Okorocha Receives Copy Of Agreement Between Labour, Govt by Abagwaro(m): 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2016
Okorocha has destroyed imo state just read what people are saying. Imo state is caged.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index / Tiv-idoma-egede Triumvirate Rejects Agatu-fulani Peace-deal, Issues New Demands! / Human Rights Activist Writes Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.