Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,468 members, 7,958,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:11 PM

Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? (1623 Views)

4 Yr Old Girl Dancing Skelewu In A Special Way [Must Watch Video] / February, A Special And Unique Month. Check This Out! / A Special Message For A Special Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by gen2genius(m): 9:34pm On Jul 06, 2009
When there's already a "Religion" forum? Is Islam not a religion? angry
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by gen2genius(m): 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2009
I need a logical explanation wink
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by fyneguy: 11:41pm On Jul 06, 2009
lol
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by Tudor6(f): 12:01am On Jul 07, 2009
Gen2genius i see you've been unbanned. . .welcome back.
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by gen2genius(m): 5:17am On Jul 07, 2009
grin grin grin merci wink
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by MUZBO(m): 8:43am On Jul 07, 2009
Here's the most logical explanation you'll get: Muslims are a much more united group within which there is little or no difference in how they relate to God- so they get the private bedroom as it were. On the other hand, you guys get this open anything-goes section- the public swimming pool as it is, where catholics or the pentecoastal believer can throw a punch aimlessly knowing whoever it hits is an enemy or a potential enemy. You know- friendly fire in this section is the order of the hour day. Need more explanation?
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by gen2genius(m): 9:18am On Jul 07, 2009
You're just rambling, probably because you've spent too much time "tighing" your nieces and other little girls around you wink

The question is, is Islam not a religion like all other religions? Why does it have to get preferential treatment above other religions? Is Islam superior to other religions THIS IS SO SO RIDICULOUS!!! angry angry
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by tkb417(m): 10:20am On Jul 07, 2009
whats thighing?
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by gen2genius(m): 10:33am On Jul 07, 2009
Here is the answer to your question:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-292827.0.html wink
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by tkb417(m): 11:49am On Jul 07, 2009
what shocked shocked shocked shocked
placing ur manhood between a 6 year old gurlie

wtf?
is that in a Quran?
ill kill any Iman that says that in me presence shocked
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by tkb417(m): 11:55am On Jul 07, 2009
why the fck do we have to move a thread cos it has somethin to do with Islam?

what about the numerous threads about xtians and Pastors

dont we live with it?

Poo is the middle name of whoever moved this thread
yes!! thts ur middle name
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by GEW: 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2009
tkb417:

why the fck do we have to move a thread cos it has somethin to do with Islam?

what about the numerous threads about xtians and Pastors

dont we live with it?

Poo is the middle name of whoever moved this thread
yes!! thts ur middle name
you dont do sharia and fattuahs do you?
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by tkb417(m): 3:55pm On Jul 07, 2009
you dont do sharia and fattuahs do you?
i dont understand ur lingo?
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by MUZBO(m): 5:35pm On Jul 07, 2009
gen2genius:

You're just rambling, probably because you've spent too much time "tighing" your nieces and other little girls around you wink

The question is, is Islam not a religion like all other religions? Why does it have to get preferential treatment above other religions? Is Islam superior to other religions THIS IS SO SO RIDICULOUS!!! angry angry
Smart guy, you didn't dispute the unity in Islam! Yes, I'm busy tighing. . . whatever, but while I'm at it, I want to ask- are you the man or the woman in that your homosexual relationship that is about to be sanctioned by your church?
You can call me the 'tigher' and I'll call you the 'sodomite'. How's that?
Anyway, my 1st post was the explanation, here's the advice: keep a stiff upperlip!
It helps with jealousy.
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by GEW: 5:45pm On Jul 07, 2009
MUZBO:

Smart guy, you didn't dispute the unity in Islam! Yes, I'm busy tighing. . . whatever, but while I'm at it, I want to ask- are you the man or the woman in that your homosexual relationship that is about to be sanctioned by your church?
You can call me the 'tigher' and I'll call you the 'sodomite'. How's that?
Anyway, my 1st post was the explanation, here's the advice: keep a stiff upperlip!
It helps with jealousy.
what unity? with all the various sects you have and the fighting over mosques you guys have what unity are you talking about? how many sect do yu have in indonessia, pakistan, bangladesh and the various countries you people are littered?

i lived in east london fo yrs in the 90s i always saw one sect locking out the other sect. what are u talking about? unity for a violent sect like you.
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by Shaz(f): 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2009
@Original Poster,

Please stop making continuous threads about the 'Islam Section on Nairaland'. One thread is enough. The others are just boring.
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by Nobody: 3:10am On Jul 08, 2009
Ok, just for the records, there is nothing like 'thighing' in Islam. It's just a lie.
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by Gabry(f): 3:37am On Jul 08, 2009
Poster, base on my own understanding. The reason why the Muslim's has their own section its because theres only one type of Muslim religion whereas for Buddhist, Christian, Hindu's. . . . There are a variety like Christian for instance, there the Jehovah's witness, ANglican, Protestant, Catholic, Pentacostal and etc etc. . . For Buddhist there like Heavenly Tao, Taoism, Guan Yin, Kuan Ni Mu and etc etc, Hindu theres like Hindu, Sikh, Tamil and etc etc etc and so onnnn , . . But for Muslim, its just Muslim and not other Muslim.

But also I think it depends on the market. If there happened to be alot of posters contributing towards a particular subject, The Mgt might want to put it under one section.

Just my own personal opinion really.
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by Gabry(f): 3:47am On Jul 08, 2009
Ok I have checked the religion section and I notice theres not many Christian or other religion's thread but there is alot of Muslim's thread so poster, yeah, this is based on a popular demand basis.

Because honestly lets say for sports, if there not enough people to post a thread regarding Ice Hockey, I dont see any reasons on why should I open a section for Ice Hockey.
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by savanaha: 4:37am On Jul 08, 2009
Gabry:

Ok I have checked the religion section and I notice theres not many Christian or other religion's thread but there is alot of Muslim's thread so poster, yeah, this is based on a popular demand basis.

Because honestly lets say for sports, if there not enough people to post a thread regarding Ice Hockey, I dont see any reasons on why should I open a section for Ice Hockey.

I think there are two main types of Muslim, the Sunnis and the Shiites or maybe am wrong. Anyway I think the seperate Muslim thread is because the Muslim's threatened Seun's life at some point. Something like that I have heard.
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by Gabry(f): 6:03am On Jul 08, 2009
LOL grin
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by xoxoxo(f): 6:21am On Jul 08, 2009
savanaha:

I think there are two main types of Muslim, the Sunnis and the Shiites or maybe am wrong. Anyway I think the separate Muslim thread is because the Muslim's threatened Seun's life at some point. Something like that I have heard.
undecided find this hard to believe. . . .
buh anyway, one time a WI forum had a beach-nic and a dude came with a machete looking for a member. Could you believe that someone took the internet argument to heart and wanted to kill someone. dem craze
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by MUZBO(m): 6:56am On Jul 08, 2009
GEW:

what unity?  with all the various sects you have and the fighting over mosques you guys have what unity are you talking about?  how many sect  do yu  have in indonessia, pakistan, bangladesh and the various countries you people are littered?

i lived in east london fo yrs in the 90s i always saw one sect locking out the other sect. what are u talking about? unity for a violent sect like you.
Maybe in the 90s you weren't smart enough to notice that what you call sect now was actually tribal- big difference baby,but its still 1 Quran 1 mosque. Anyway no matter how bad it gets it won't be as bad as your bunch of useless disunited wishy-washy evangelists.
If you've got anything else, I refer you to Gabry above but don't just read. . .understand!- it shouldn't be as hard as the 90s!
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by MUZBO(m): 7:15am On Jul 08, 2009
savanaha:

I think there are two main types of Muslim, the Sunnis and the Shiites or maybe am wrong.
Thats just wishful thinking. . . ofcourse you are wrong! They are tribes and you missed the Kurds anyway!
savanaha:

Anyway I think the seperate Muslim thread is because the Muslim's threatened Seun's life at some point. Something like that I have heard.
I'm sure you also heard that Obama would visit Nigeria instead of Ghana. Keep hearing things and you could need PROZAC.
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by MUZBO(m): 7:17am On Jul 08, 2009
savanaha:

I think there are two main types of Muslim, the Sunnis and the Shiites or maybe am wrong.
Thats just wishful thinking. . . ofcourse you are wrong! They are tribes and you missed the Kurds anyway!
savanaha:

Anyway I think the seperate Muslim thread is because the Muslim's threatened Seun's life at some point. Something like that I have heard.
I'm sure you also heard that Obama would visit Nigeria instead of Ghana. Keep hearing things and you could need PROZAC.
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by Tudor6(f): 7:42am On Jul 08, 2009
MUZBO:

Thats just wishful thinking. . . ofcourse you are wrong! They are tribes [/b]and you missed the Kurds anyway! I'm sure you also heard that Obama would visit Nigeria instead of Ghana. [b]Keep hearing things and you could need PROZAC.

YOU ARE A BLOODY LIAR!!
I guess in addition to the over 300
tribes we have in nigeria we also have sunni and shitte tribes, no?
See how you disgrace yourself lying for allah.
Sunni and shittes amongst others are different sects of islam just like catholics and protestants. They claim to worship the same allah but they all have peculiar doctrines. Like the Quadriya muslims abuzola was complaining about,they follow islam and allah but do it differently to the sunnis, shittes and others. STOP BEING DISHONEST, NO VIRGINS FOR LIARS IN JANAAT!
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by GEW: 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2009
Gabry:

Poster, base on my own understanding. The reason why the Muslim's has their own section its because theres only one type of Muslim religion whereas for Buddhist, Christian, Hindu's. . . .  There are a variety like Christian for instance, there the Jehovah's witness, ANglican, Protestant, Catholic, Pentacostal and etc etc. . .  For Buddhist there like Heavenly Tao, Taoism, Guan Yin, Kuan Ni Mu and etc etc, Hindu theres like Hindu, Sikh, Tamil and etc etc etc and so onnnn ,  . . But for Muslim, its just Muslim and not other Muslim.

But also I think it depends on the market. If there happened to be alot of posters contributing towards a particular subject, The Mgt might want to put it under one section.

Just my own personal opinion really.
gabyl nawao. even for u in an  islamic evironment. you can not be serious for a combactive and divisive people like moles. anyway take this 

Sunni Islam
-- Wahhabism (Salafism)
Shi'i Islam
-- The Druze
-- Alawis
Khariji Islam
Sufism
Nation of Islam and Black Muslims 

Sunni Islam

Sunni Islam is the dominant form of Islam, comprising over 90% of Muslims worldwide. Followers consider it the continuation of genuine Islam, although it is not especially closer to the original Islam than the other forms. The name is derived from the book establishing traditional, acceptable Muslim practices, the Sunnah or Sunna.

The Sunni and Shi’a share belief in the oneness of God, the revelations of Mohammed, and resurrection of the Day or Judgment. Sunnis emphasize the pilgrimage to Mecca while Shi’a have many other important pilgrimages. They revere Ali, but not as the only continuation of Mohammed like the Shi’a, or to the same extent.

Index

Shi'i Islam

Shi’i Islam broke off in 661 AD and is the second-largest Muslim sect, although less than 10% of all Muslims are Shi’ites. The main Shi’a group is the Twelver Shi’i. They have theological differences with the Sunnis dating back to the Fourth Caliph Ali, the son-in-law of Mohammed. Shi’a are most commonly found in the Middle East and South Asia, but are uncommon in Northern Africa and Southeast Asia. They represent the majority in Iran, where Shi’i Islam has been the state religion since the 16th century.

Shi’i Islam holds that the Caliphate after Ali is illegitimate. This Islamic branch has been useful for minority or rebellious influences in Muslim countries. For this reason, many Shi’ite followers are non-arabs, especially the ethnic Persians in Iran. Shi’i belief praises martyrs and martyrdom in general, includes distinct ceremonies, and even allows for pragmatic dissimulation, or taqiyya. This practice allows a Muslim to deny faith in public while maintaining it privately. Shi’a also believe in the practice of mut’a or temporary marriage, where a woman is paid a set amount of money to marry a man for a certain period of time. Some Shi’a traditions guarantee a place in Heaven for a man that performs four temporary marriages.

The Sunnis views Shi’a as innovators and reformists while Shi’a view themselves as the true fundamentalists or standard-bearers of Islam. Shi’a believe the leadership of the religion must come from descendants of Mohammed, and grant their spiritual leaders, Imams, more power than Sunni sects.

Index

Khariji Islam

Kharijites are the third and smallest branch of Islam, accounting for 1% of Muslims worldwide. Historically, the Kharijites (sometimes the “Khawarij”) broke off in 658 AD in opposition to the decision that two arbitrators could decide the validity of certain acts, protesting human judgment over divine word.

They believed strongly in racial equality, garnering many historical supporters among the disaffected non-Arab Muslims. They made very strict proclamations and performed violent acts, declaring all other Muslims to be infidels and killing many. Today’s Kharijites are descended from the moderate branch founded in 700 AD, and are found in Oman, where it is dominant, and small groups in Libya, Southern Algeria, the island Jerba in Tunisia, and East Africa.

Index

Sufism

Sufism is a blanket term for the mystic and ascetic elements of Islam. They incorporate many local beliefs and customs. Sufism is different from place to place and between different Sufi orders. It was first mentioned as early as the 8th century AD, but became especially important in the 13th century. Sufism aided Islam in expanding, especially into Asia and Africa, since it coexisted much more readily with local custom than more orthodox Islamic sects. Sufis consider their views the essence of every religion, and their central concept is ‘love.’ Sufis are philosophers and mystics, and the name Sufi comes from the Arabic word for wool. They make extensive use of metaphors and parables and place an emphasis on philosophy and master-pupil interaction. The non-orthodox nature of Sufism and the Sufi method of combining local (non-Muslim) customs and traditions into Muslim theology make Sufism a target for modernist, reformist and purist movements within Islam.

Index

The Druze

This secretive Shi’ite reformist sect arrived in Lebanon in the 10th century from Egypt to escape confrontations with Muslims there. Today there are less than one million Druze in the world. Living mostly in mountainous regions, they incorporate Gnostic and neo-Platonic views into their theology and are small in proportion to the larger Muslim world. They are active in Lebanon, as well as Syria, Jordan and Israel/Palestine and there are Druze communities in non-Muslim areas in the United States, Latin America, the Caribbean, Australia and West Africa.

They believe Allah incarnated as the Caliph al-Hakim, who disappeared in 1021 AD. While most Muslims disagree, the Druze believe that al-Hakim did not die and is waiting to return and reward true believers with a Golden Age. The Druze place a strong emphasis on knowledge of a hierarchical system with five superior ministers and three inferior levels of functionaries, preachers, and heads of communities. Concealing the substance of the Druze faith is obligatory, since many Muslims see the Druze as non-Muslims. They can pray as Muslims or as Christians, depending on where they are. Marriage outside the faith is forbidden. In Israel the Druze are expected to serve in the Israeli army. Conversion into or out of the religion is prohibited.

The religion is divided into uqqal, the religiously trained elite, and juhhal, the ignorants who do not know the majority of their religion. Two percent of uqqal became ‘ajawid, the nobles that truly lead the religion. Uqqal attend weekly meetings on Thursday nights in ordinary buildings outside town. The center of religious activity is in the mountains of southern Syria. From 1927 to 1944 the Druze had an independent state in the south of what is now Syria. The juhhal do not pray in mosques, do not fast during Ramadan, and are not obligated to make the pilgrimage to Mecca, or hajj.

They have seven principles in their moral system: 1) love of truth; 2) take care of one another; 3) renounce all other religions; 4) avoid the demon and all wrongdoers; 5) accept divine unity in humanity; 6) accept all of al-Hakim's acts; 7) act in total accordance to al-Hakim's will.

The Druze believe all human beings are reincarnated as humans, with better people reincarnating in better lives. They believe humans cannot reach God or perfection, which is very similar to the Gnostic philosophy.

The Alawis

The Alawis broke off from the Shi’a in the 9th century, founded by Ibn Nucair Namin Abdi. Most of the approximately 1.6 million Alawis are found in Syria, where they make 11% of the population. The Alawis accept the traditional five pillars of Islam but add an additional two pillars: jihad, or holy struggle, and waliya, or devotion to Ali and struggle against his enemies. They celebrate the traditional Shi’i holidays in addition to other holidays, including Christmas. Other Muslims often contend that Alawites are not Muslims, but Alawites consider themselves moderate Muslims. The election of an Alawite to the Syrian Presidency and the legal acceptance by a Lebanese Shi’ite leader improved the theological position of Alawites in the 1970s. Alawite President of Syria Hafez al-Assad was a strong supporter of the Soviet Union, opponent of Israel, and known for tactics both dictatorial and terrorist.

Nation of Islam and Black Muslims

The Nation of Islam, an American sect, dates from the 1930s but became more famous in the 1960s. There are today anywhere between 10,000 and 100,000 members of the Nation of Islam, out of three to four million Muslims living in America. The American Muslim Society has approximately 200,000 members today. The founder Wali Farad created the group in Detroit. It would have been heretical to most Muslims, and included some Druze or Alawi elements. Like the Druze, Farad’s sect included a form of reincarnation theology, and unlike mainstream Muslim theology, included a form of rabid segregationism and racial supremacy. Farad preached that black people are the chosen race, and white people are an evil abomination created by a mad scientist named Yakub. Racial supremacy is not an accepted part of any other major Muslim sect. Even more blasphemous was when Farad claimed to actually be God. Farad most likely came from Druze or possibly Alawi roots and then modified his ideology once in America. He might have been Lebanese, but he claimed to be Polynesian.

His successor, Elijah Muhammed, successfully spread Nation of Islam membership across America after Farad’s mysterious disappearance in 1934. Perhaps the most famous – or infamous – member of the Nation of Islam was Malcolm X. Malcolm X was assassinated in 1965 – possibly by black Muslims – after his mild conversion from outright separatism to black nationalism within an integrated world. Malcolm X converted to orthodox Islam, and later so did the Nation of Islam after Elijah Muhammed’s son took over in 1975. He moved the group toward Sunni practices and renamed it several times. It is now the American Muslim Society, and allows members of all races to join.

In 1977 Louis Farrakhan and a group of other Black Muslims split off to re-form the Nation of Islam, dissatisfied with the moderating changes. They advocated a much harder and more radical form of Islam, and have been associated with anti-white and anti-Semitic statements. In the 1990s the Nation of Islam moved toward more mainstream Muslim practices, and in 2000 the Nation of Islam and American Muslim Society leaders declared an official end to their rivalry.

Besides racial separatism, reincarnation and the divinity of Farad, Nation of Islam teachings that Elijah Muhammed and Louis Farrakhan are prophets violate basic mainstream Muslim belief. Islam teaches that Mohammed was the final prophet and that the Koran is the Final Testament, after the first two testaments in the Jewish and Christian bibles.

The term ‘Black Muslim’ often applies to a member of the Nation of Islam, but one should be careful to distinguish between members of Nation of Islam and black Americans that are Muslim.

Index

Wahhabism

The radical Sunni movement called Wahhabism by non-members and 'muwahhidun' by adherents, dates from the mid-1700s and is a purist movement, seeking to cleanse the Muslim spirit and eliminate all innovations to Muslim. Adherents often refer to Wahhabism as Salafism (singular Salafi). Wahhabism is one of the most regulatory and orthodox forms of Islam, and the name derives from the founder Mohammad ibn Abdul Wahhab. The movement has eight prohibitions: 1) No other object for worship than God; 2) Holy men or women must not be used to win favors from God; 3) No other name than the names of Allah may enter a prayer; 4) No smoking of tobacco; 5) No shaving of beard; 6) No abusive language; 7) Rosaries are forbidden; cool Mosques must be built without minarets and all forms of ornaments. It has three commandments: 1) All men must attend public prayer; 2) Alms must be paid from all income; 3) Butchers slaughtering animals according to halal must have their life styles scrutinized - it is not sufficient that they perform the basic rituals correctly.

Wahhabis reject innovation and consensus, favoring instead strict adherence to the word of the Koran and Sunnah. They reject ornamental mosques and ceremonies as heretical to orthodox Islam. They are not a sect for this reason, but rather a reformist or fundamentalist movement. Most analysts that criticize ‘fundamentalist,’ ‘radical’ or ‘ultra-orthodox’ Islam are speaking largely about Wahhabism. Wahhabism is not inherently violent, Islamist, or pro-terrorist, although the connection is hotly contested on both sides. The emphasis on purified Islam and Muslim practices does make an appropriate background for Islamism and violent extremism, however.

The state Wahhabi philosophy of Saudi Arabia is distinct from more radical Wahhabi beliefs; the Saudis do not agree with war against Islamic rulers or with declaring fellow Muslims to be infidel. The Saudi state was declared traitorous and infidel by Osama bin Laden for its connection to the US military setting foot on sacred (Arabian peninsula) soil. The government of Saudi Arabia is probably not Islamist-Wahhabi. The Islamist government in Sudan and the now-defunct Islamist Taliban in Afghanistan were both influenced by the Wahhabi movement.

A Guide To Islamic Sects
The Commercial Appeal/September 23, 20001

The world's second-largest faith, Islam is hardly monolithic. Schisms, focusing first on disagreements over who should lead the new faith and later on matters of doctrine, began developing soon after the prophet Muhammad's death in the year 632.

Here are some of the major sects within Islam, which has 1.3 billion followers:

Sunni:
Accounting for at least 85 percent of the Islamic world, the Sunni claim to be the direct continuation of the faith as defined by Muhammad. For many years they acknowledged the religious authority of a ruling caliph, the major point of contention with the breakaway Shiite movement. The Sunni derive their name through reliance on the "Sunnah" or the observed sayings, lifestyle and practices of Muhammad as recorded in a collection of writings called the Hadith. The Sunni accept the "Sunnah" as a source of spiritual wisdom, while the Shiite insist on the primacy of the Koran.

Shiite:
The smaller of the two principal branches of Islam, the Shiite account for at least 10 percent of all Muslims. They originally were followers of the fourth caliph, Ali, who was Muhammad's son-in-law through the prophet's daughter Fatima. Ali claimed that Muhammad on his deathbed selected Ali as leader of the faith, but Ali was murdered during the fifth year of his reign. The Shiite formally broke away from Muslim leaders recognized by the Sunni around 680. A principal belief of the Shiite is that no caliph since Ali has been legitimate. The movement became popular among disaffected non-Arab Muslims who feared they were held in lower esteem within the faith.

Kharijis:
Accounting for less than 1 percent of all Muslims, the Kharijis were the first major schism within Islam. They broke away in 658 when they rejected the use of arbitrators empowered to decide major issues within the faith.

Druze:
A secretive Islamic breakaway group concentrated in Lebanon around Mt. Hermon and in the mountains near Beirut and Sidon. They refer to themselves as the Mowahhidoon. Most Muslims consider the sect blasphemous since it declared that God was manifested in human form as the Egyptian caliph al Hakim Bi-amr Allah 1,000 years ago. They number at least 250,000. The Druze do not accept new members, virtually never discuss their faith and often pose as members of the dominant religion where they live.

Alawi:
A small branch of Islam that broke away from the Shiite in the Ninth Century under the leadership of Ibn Nucair Namin Abdi. Almost exclusively found on the Syrian coast plains, the Alawi have 1.5 million members including Syrian President Hafez Assad.

Ismali:
A Shiite sect that believes the succession of spiritual leadership should have continued through the sons of Muhammad Ibn Isma'il. The Ismali believe that Islam has never been without a living Imam, even though clearly recognized spiritual authority became increasingly rare as Islam matured.

Ahmadiyyah:
Founded in Qadian, India, by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, who died in 1908. Ahmadis believe their founder was a renovator of Islam, a position most of the world's Muslims consider to be heretical. The group has many enthusiastic missionaries.

Sufi:
These are the mystics within the Muslim faith, a religious order that follows mystical interpretations of Islamic doctrines and practices.

Wahhabi Movement:
Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab began a campaign of spiritual renewal in the smaller city states of Arabia in the mid- 1700s. His extremely traditional group opposed all innovations within Islam, often using violence to enforce its views. The group threatened to become the first nation state in Arabia, prompting a crackdown by the Egyptian army in 1818. Today, Wahhabism is quite strong in Saudi Arabia. It demands punishment for those who enjoy any form of music except the drum and severe punishment up to death for drinking or sexual transgressions. It condemns as unbelievers those who do not pray, a view that never previously existed in mainstream Islam. Wahhabism has been an inspiration to Osama bin Laden.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/islamic/islamic27.html
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by savanaha: 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2009
MUZBO:

Thats just wishful thinking. . . ofcourse you are wrong! They are tribes and you missed the Kurds anyway! I'm sure you also heard that Obama would visit Nigeria instead of Ghana. Keep hearing things and you could need PROZAC.

Why don't you reply the same then seven more times. If you are a muslim, shame on you for being so dumb by calling Shiites other factions of Islam tribes. Unless Muslim is now an ethnic group.

And about the pieces loving Muslims threatening Seun's life. It is widely known by others on this forum. Especially those that have been here longer than I have.
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by MUZBO(m): 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2009
Tudór:

YOU ARE A BLOODY LIAR!!
I guess in addition to the over 300
tribes we have in nigeria we also have sunni and shitte tribes, no?
See how you disgrace yourself lying for allah.
Sunni and shittes amongst others are different sects of islam just like catholics and protestants. They claim to worship the same allah but they all have peculiar doctrines. Like the Quadriya muslims abuzola was complaining about,they follow islam and allah but do it differently to the sunnis, shittes and others. STOP BEING DISHONEST, NO VIRGINS FOR LIARS IN JANAAT!
What is this dim-witted nut job saying?
The sunnis and shia have differing views about Islam but these views which are fundamental now were based primarily on cultural grounds which the west intentionally blew out of proportion so that it seems there is division amongst muslims. So far they have failed because basics of Islam like the Quran remain ONE unlike King James' bible and the Pope's version. . . whatever! The west succeeded in sowing the seed for Sectarianism amongst muslims during colonisation and de-colonisation. They will fund a smaller almost none existent 'sect' to rebel against authority for their personal gain- notably oil in the middle east.
Allah Himself has warned muslims of this threat to the unity of their religion and they've always been wary, thats why shia muslims reject the Hadith and for good reason- western influence and politics. THE QURAN REMAINS PURE AND IT WILL BE FOREVER. I still maintain the split is based primarily on cultural lines just like people want to find differences between Hausa muslims and Yoruba muslims- it's all in a bid to divide us. Y'all will fail.
Most muslims just want to practice Islam on neutral but the west wants to categorize based on sects, they've not had too much success.
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by MUZBO(m): 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2009
And about people threatening seun's life- its just reckless talk and unbelievable except with proof!
@seun, I know your job is not easy but if you are convinced that you have been fair to all and you life is threatened then pls ban all muslims from NL if the threat was from muslims but we also know christians can perpetrate these silly acts and try to frame muslims so be careful and ban them too if confirmed.
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by MUZBO(m): 7:49pm On Jul 08, 2009
And about people threatening seun's life- its just reckless talk and unbelievable except with proof!
@seun, I know your job is not easy but if you are convinced that you have been fair to all and you life is threatened then pls ban all muslims from NL if the threat was from muslims but we also know christians can perpetrate these silly acts and try to frame muslims so be careful and ban them too if confirmed.
Re: Why Is There A Special Forum For Muslims? by Tudor6(f): 8:02pm On Jul 08, 2009
MUZBO:

What is this dim-witted nut job saying?
The sunnis and shia have differing views about Islam [/b]but these views which are fundamental now were based primarily on cultural grounds which [b]the west intentionally blew out of proportion so that it seems there is division amongst muslims. So far they have failed because basics of Islam like the Quran remain ONE unlike King James' bible and the Pope's version. . .  whatever! The west succeeded in sowing the seed for Sectarianism amongst muslims during colonisation and de-colonisation. They will fund a smaller almost none existent 'sect' to rebel against authority for their personal gain- notably oil in the middle east.
Allah Himself has warned muslims of this threat to the unity of their religion and they've always been wary, thats why shia muslims reject the Hadith and for good reason- western influence and politics. THE QURAN REMAINS PURE AND IT WILL BE FOREVER. I still maintain the split is based primarily on cultural lines just like people want to find differences between Hausa muslims and Yoruba muslims- it's all in a bid to divide us. Y'all will fail.
Most muslims just want to practice Islam on neutral but the west wants to categorize based on sects, they've not had too much success.
See how SHAMELESS and STUPID you are?
Here you admitted the sunnis and shitte are different what else? You forget that other sects like the ahmadiyahs, quadriyahs and others exist. While the sunnis follow the prophet, the shittes place more emphasis on the koran. . .
To demonstrate your mad ignorance you labelled the schism cultural- how pathetic!
You even failed to show the culture derived differences between the sects.

Like a wimpy- shameless muslim you blame the west for everything. Haba! Is it the west that told the sunnis to follow the prophets? Or did they push the shittes to follow the koran?
When will you slaves of allah stop blaming the west for everything bad in their lives?! You get a common cold and y'all scream conspiracy from america. When will you grow up!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why We Ladies Sleep With Different Men – Student Opens Up / Very Clean Toyota Camry 2003 For Sale / Fingerlings Juvenile And Breeder Stock Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.