Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,674 members, 7,851,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:31 PM

Turkish Forces Fire On Syrian Army After The Latter Targeted A Turkish Guard - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Turkish Forces Fire On Syrian Army After The Latter Targeted A Turkish Guard (766 Views)

BREAKING!!!... Iranian Forces Fire Rockets At Israel (video) / Indonesia Traffic Jam Forces President Out Of Car, Walks 2Km To State Event / Russian Mod Confirms Us-led Coalition's F-16, A-10 Jets Attacked Syrian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkish Forces Fire On Syrian Army After The Latter Targeted A Turkish Guard by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10am On Feb 14, 2016
Turkish forces fire on Assad's Syrian Army After the latter targeted a Turkish Guard

Turkey strikes Kurdish targets, returns regime fire in Syria

Latest update : 2016-02-13

The Turkish military on Saturday hit targets of the Syrian Kurdish Democratic Union Party (PYD) and the Syrian regime in two separate incidents in response to incoming fire, the state-run Anatolia news agency reported.

In line with the rules of engagement, the armed forces shelled targets of the PYD around the town of Azaz in Aleppo province, Anatolia said, quoting a military source.

The army also responded to Syrian regime fire on a Turkish military guard post in Turkey's southern Hatay region, it added.

There were no further details on the nature of the Turkish strikes but they likely involved artillery fire from tanks.

Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu also appeared to confirm the strikes against the PYD, without giving precise details.

"Under the framework of the rules of engagement, we responded to forces in Azaz and around that were posing a threat," he said, quoted by Anatolia while on a visit to the eastern city of Erzincan.

Apparently referring to the PYD, he called these forces "a terror group which is a branch of the Syrian regime, collaborationist and... complicit in Russian strikes against civilians."

Davutoglu said he had also spoken by telephone to US Vice President Joe Biden, telling him the PYD was a "threat" against which "we can take all kind of measures".

He also said the PYD's People's Protection Units (YPG) militia should "immediately" leave Azaz and its surrounding area.

http://www.france24.com/en/20160213-syria-turkey-air-strikes-kurdish-targets-returns-regime-fire-assad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkish Forces Fire On Syrian Army After The Latter Targeted A Turkish Guard by AlPeter: 2:38am On Feb 14, 2016
Ghen action film don start abeg who get popcorn

1 Like

Re: Turkish Forces Fire On Syrian Army After The Latter Targeted A Turkish Guard by fineguy11(m): 1:41pm On Feb 14, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Turkish forces fire on Assad's Syrian Army After the latter targeted a Turkish Guard

stop misleading people...Turkey targeted their long time adversary ''the kurdish militia'',and not the syrian arab army(SAA)..turkey has been bombing the kurds in syria..they stoped flying sorties against the kurds only after russia deployed advanced ''air-defence system'' in syria..
Re: Turkish Forces Fire On Syrian Army After The Latter Targeted A Turkish Guard by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2016
fineguy11:

stop misleading people...Turkey targeted their long time adversary ''the kurdish militia'',and not the syrian arab army(SAA)..turkey has been bombing the kurds in syria..they stoped flying sorties against the kurds only after russia deployed advanced ''air-defence system'' in syria..

If I were you I would have read the contents of the OP before commenting. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Turkish Forces Fire On Syrian Army After The Latter Targeted A Turkish Guard by fineguy11(m): 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

If I were you I would have read the contents of the OP before commenting. cool
oh i read the contents,and i have my reason for saying the syrian army were never targeted..
Re: Turkish Forces Fire On Syrian Army After The Latter Targeted A Turkish Guard by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
fineguy11:

oh i read the contents,and i have my reason for saying the syrian army were never targeted..

If you read the contents of the OP and you still maintain your stance then your case is worse than I thought.

(1) (Reply)

Female General To Lead U.S. Northern Command / Check Out This Hilarious Campaign Billboard Of Donald Trump / Malawi's New President Sells Off Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.