Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,304 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 (1968 Views)

Sule Lamido For President 2019 Campaign Vehicles (Photos) / AMCON: Kunle Adegoke Mocks Ben Murray-Bruce For ‘Skinning Nigerians Alive’ / Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by mordsith: 9:50am On Feb 14, 2016
Benedict Murray-Bruce was born on February 18, 1956 in Lagos to an Ijaw parent Mullighan and Margaret Murray- Bruce from Akassa, Bayelsa State of Nigeria. He attended the famous Our Lady of Apostles, in Yaba, Lagos and St Gregory College in Obalende. He studied Marketing and Business at the University of Southern Carolina. Growing up was not a bed of roses. His father was a public servant who worked with the UAC. Ben whose initial dream was to be a professor of history had the opportunity of working in Domino Stores, a departmental store owned by his father. He however decided to do other things. His venture into show business didn’t enjoy the support of his parents. In his words “One time I was dancing and my father saw me dancing. He said, “If I ever catch you dancing, you’ll never use those legs again.” Though his father hated show business, thinking it was a waste of time, but somehow he managed to cope with a son who was bent on making a living out of the business. Even though he hated the business, he enjoyed the attention he was getting being the father to Ben. Ben got into show business by accident. He recounts “I was at home one day in Los Angeles, USA, and somebody knocked on my door and I said who do you want? He said, he was looking for somebody and I said you are in the wrong house. We got talking and I said what is your name, he told me. And I said what do you do, he said, ‘I’m a teacher’. He was very friendly and so I asked him in. As we talked, I said, ‘if you are a teacher, who do you teach?’ he said Janet Jackson, and I said who else? He said Todd Bridges, Garry Coleman. And I said you mean you are really a teacher? He said yes. Then he asked what do I do? I said, ‘I’m a student of the University of Southern Carolina. The man told him he was working on a set at that time and invited him over. That was where he met Redd Fox of the Sandford and Sons’ fame, the Jeffersons and others. He ended up meeting a lot of actors and actresses. One day, his friend proposed “Hey, let’s do a show in Nigeria’ and they did their first show and the rest is history. Silverbird Productions started in 1980 with a borrowed capital of N20, 000.00; a desk in a small corner of the Domino administrative office, six staff and only two business activities, pageant and programme syndication. Today, with hundreds of staff, the company has turned to a conglomerate – three radio stations, Rhythm 93.7 in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt; Silverbird television; the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria; Silverbird Cinema, Silverbird Entertainment and Silverbird Galleria. Silverbird Cinema, the first and only Cinema multi-plex with five screens, has been a huge success and they are holding talks with some State governments in the country to replicate the Lagos success story. His entry into the pageantry business came at a time when the Miss Nigeria franchise was beginning to lose its glamour, the interest of Nigerians and its sponsor. His brainchild, Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (MBGN) pageant eventually took over the market leadership from the Miss Nigeria, owned and operated by the Daily Times of Nigeria. MBGN produced the likes of Omasan Buwa, Bianca Onoh and Agbani Darego. Agbani Darego won the Miss World contest and became the first ever Nigerian and African to win the Miss World pageant. Mr. Bruce successfully brought Julia Morley and the whole Miss World show to Nigeria for the 2002 Miss World event slated for Nigeria that year. Religious riots sparks by a newspaper article torpedoed the plan. Mr. Bruce who is married to Evelyn, an American with two boys and a girl, has served as Executive Director – Black Music Association of America with Quincy Jones, Dick Griffey, Stevie Wonder as well as Executive Director – Coalition for a Free Africa with the late President Samora Machel of Mozambique and the Rev. Jesse Jackson. He was also on the board of National Arts Theatre Management, The Federal Film Censors Board, The Board of the Nigerian Film Corporation, National Film Distribution Company and Nigerian Anti-Piracy Action Committee. Mr. Ben Murray-Bruce, motivational speaker role mode to Nigerian youths is a director of several companies in Nigeria as well as in France, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by mordsith: 9:51am On Feb 14, 2016
Ben Murray Bruce

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by mordsith: 9:54am On Feb 14, 2016
Ben Bruce with Fashola

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by mordsith: 9:56am On Feb 14, 2016
A President that will buy Nigerian and industrialise the south East and beyond

Big Ben at the Made in Aba Expo

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by mordsith: 9:56am On Feb 14, 2016
Jonathan.. corrupt as they portray him is the reason Innoson vehicles is a world class brand. He fully empowered Innoson with a contract for the supply of thousands of vehicles to the federal government whilst Obiano buys Toyota.

For those who don't know please visit Nnewi and discover the skills of the black race. The spare parts you buy from the spare parts dealer are fully fabricated in Nnewi. The man Innoson decided to stop making parts of vehicles and produce the vehicles by himself.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by ziccoit: 10:01am On Feb 14, 2016
He will not even enter for his state?

3 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 14, 2016
PDP has zoned power to the North

Ben Bruce is in PDP and should remain in PDP

You don't have to be President to make a difference

if anything he should go for Senate President

4 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by mordsith: 10:15am On Feb 14, 2016
The questions we as youths should be asking ourselves is....

1. Should we accept a President that uses BMW and exports our jobs.

2. Should we accept a President that uses hospitals abroad for treatments when our hospitals are a mess.

Any Nigerian That is unemployed and support such actions is not only senile but also deserve to die in poverty and lack.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by carinmom(f): 10:31am On Feb 14, 2016
God forbid bad thing angry

3 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by GenOrumov: 10:31am On Feb 14, 2016
He stands no chance in 2019. Maybe later.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by swagaholic: 10:36am On Feb 14, 2016
I wish ben can govern me, dis man is sound.......... BEN is d man

4 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by edoyad(m): 10:36am On Feb 14, 2016
Any where you go, we will follow Me Bruce

4 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by Lanretoye(m): 10:39am On Feb 14, 2016
OP no tell me say na promo u dey do oo,the likes of dasuki,dokpesi,metuh and co. collected billions of naira for the same purpose(campaign)...
Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by mordsith: 10:39am On Feb 14, 2016
What do we want?
who can deliver it?
who will bring jobs?
who will make our government NIGERIAN?
BEN MURRAY BRUCE

its up to you to decide...... not the greedy power brokers?
Let's take back Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by mordsith: 10:44am On Feb 14, 2016
@larentoye I'm tired of criticizing Buhari. He has no nothing for the youth or for me. I want a Nigerian President who will invest in Nigeria.... buy Nigerian.

You know why? I never voted for Buhari.... but I bought petrol at #350 for over 2 months.
Let's pick our leader ....not them picking us.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by mordsith: 10:50am On Feb 14, 2016
Those saying that PDP has zoned it to the north are on their own.

I didn't zone anything to them. I am a Nigerian and I have the right to chose my choice for 2019.

Forget party Forget Tribe..... that is why we are where we are.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by Flexherbal(m): 10:52am On Feb 14, 2016
Let's wait till then.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by mordsith: 11:02am On Feb 14, 2016
Flexherbal:
Let's wait till then.

Are you a Nigerian ?

Then My friend you have the right to choose and push for your candidate. Else these power hungry Buffoons will push themselves in. Let's start our own revolution.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by dmostcheerful(f): 11:03am On Feb 14, 2016
Ben Bruce for 2019.

oboy Naija seriously need common sense.

5 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by hybeenoni: 11:05am On Feb 14, 2016
U created d topic yet u alone made abt 80% of the comment so far, that says a lot abt u.

Don't knw why sm pple hv failed to use their common sense, so bcoz Ben Bruce has been active on media cricticisin the govt, he wil automatically make a good president ryt?

How many bills that wil make live easy for Nigerians has he passed? His primary responsibility, he has nt done and u r here shouting of Bruce for president.

Common get out of this thread kid!!

5 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by mordsith: 11:19am On Feb 14, 2016
hybeenoni:
U created d topic yet u alone made abt 80% of the comment so far, that says a lot abt u.

Don't knw why sm pple hv failed to use their common sense, so bcoz Ben Bruce has been active on media cricticisin floor of the make a good president ryt?

How many bills that wil make live easy for Nigerians has he passed? His primary responsibility, he has nt done and u r here shouting of Bruce for president.

Common get out of this thread kid!!

My dear Friend.... Read up and find out his activities on the senate.
As for his capacity to build Nigeria he has built a Million dollar establishment and has done more for the Naira than Buhari and Emefiele combined. He has encouraged all to buy Nigerian and has been exemplary. He will bring Jobs because he is a Business man with common sense.....Not the regular politician

5 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 14, 2016
mordsith:

My dear Friend.... Read up and find out his activities on the senate.
As for his capacity to build Nigeria he has built a Million dollar establishment and has done more for the Naira than Buhari and Emefiele combined. He has encouraged all to buy Nigerian and has been exemplary. He will bring Jobs because he is a Business man with common sense.....Not the regular politician

I agree, however he has no chance becoming the President of Nigeria in 2019. He should instead go for Bayelsa or Lagos governorship in 2019.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by mordsith: 11:33am On Feb 14, 2016
Henry240:

I agree, however he has no chance becoming the President of Nigeria in 2019. He should instead go for Bayelsa or Lagos governorship in 2019.

My very good Friend that is where you are wrong.

We can push for our candidate not the political Godfathers. We are the back bone of this country.

We would send a message so strong and powerful it would shake Nigeria and bring the power to the rightful owners..... The Youths

4 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
Biafrans are confused.

Ben is 66 yrs... I thought u almost have convulsions over buhari not being a youth?

grin grin grin

As usual, always behind failures!

3 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by alaoeri: 12:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
Henry240:

Laughing in Swahili grin, u wanna kill Bruce before his time.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by mrvitalis(m): 12:38pm On Feb 14, 2016
This go's to show how easy Nigerians can be decived.. ..
Just speak good English with American or British accent and u become an intellectual leader
1) what are the staffs of silver bord saying about his style of leadership??
2) his state is among the richest in terms of revenue but with the poorest people, what has he done to advice his governor to change that
3) what excetly has he done for his constituency since taken office apart from sharing money and rice which the normal senators do

This man knows nothing about economic policies, most of his so called common sense are just what most illiterates thinks but he just construct it in better grammar
His should live by example and until he those that.. .. I won't take him serious
Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by scribble: 1:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
I support.

Let's kick the dullard out

And put common sense in

2 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by teeblaze23(m): 1:49pm On Feb 14, 2016
mrvitalis:
Just speak good English with American or British accent and u become an intellectual leader
2) his state is among the richest in terms of revenue but with the poorest people, what has he done to advice his governor to change that
3) what excetly has he done for his constituency since taken office apart from sharing money and rice which the normal senators do

This man knows nothing about economic policies, most of his so called common sense are just what most illiterates thinks but he just construct it in better grammar
His should live by example and until he those that.. .. I won't take him serious

Well, u spoke my mind bro, being saddled with d responsibility of dis nation requires more than sweet words nd boasting of great entrepreneurial capability should not be a requisite 4 good governance.
Perhaps, my thought was tilted towards him becoming a president on twitter, coz that's where he expresses most of his lyrical ability.
I guess it's time we d youth wake up though, nd become the real change we all clamour for.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by mordsith: 2:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
mrvitalis:

You don't need to take him seriously. Put your back into a candidate rather than waiting for Tinubu.

Pick your candidate and push for him else our generation would be taken for a ride again.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by mordsith: 2:23pm On Feb 14, 2016
mrvitalis:

.He is educated, driven, business oriented and independent in reasoning. You can't say that of the illiterate on seat .....could you?

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce For President..... 2019 by femicyrus(m): 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2016
he looks like Obama but the fact that he reason like Obanikoro and he also came from the same state with Gej are his two main disadvantages.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obiano Witnessed The Trial Of "Duralay" A Reduced Road Construction Tech - PICS / Ihejirika, Minimah & 53 Others Indicted In Arms Deal. See Full List / Why Is Gov Ugwuanyi Delaying The Biggest Foreign Investment In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.