Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,961 members, 7,863,415 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:23 PM

PLEASE, I Need ANSWERS - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / PLEASE, I Need ANSWERS (406 Views)

More Answers From War Of Words Season 7 (slam Poetry Competition) / Pls I Need Answers To Questions On "Tales From Grandma" By Dele Falodun / Post your Questions on Indie (independent) Publishing and get Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PLEASE, I Need ANSWERS by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
Guys my lecturer said we should write 100 grammatical elements. Does anybody have any clue what i should do? My dad said it's same as figures of speech.
Re: PLEASE, I Need ANSWERS by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
Google is your friend. .....

[size=14pt]
Grammatical Elements[/size]

Antecedent the word, phrase, or clause referred to by a pronoun

Subject complement the word (with any accompanying phrases) or clause that follows a linking verb and complements, or completes, the subject of the sentence by either (1) renaming it or (2) describing it. The former is technically called a predicate nominative, the latter a predicate adjective.

Subordinate clause like all clauses, this word group contains both a subject and a verb (plus any accompanying phrases or modifiers), but unlike the independent clause, the subordiniate clause cannot stand alone; it does not express a complete thought

Independent Clause The sentence stands alone.

Dependent Clause A sentence which needs to be joined with another sentence in order to make sense

Clause a grammatical unit that contains both a subject and a verb.

Mood this term has two distinct technical meanings in English writing. Grammatically, mood deals with verbal units and a speaker's attitude.

Indicative mood used only for factual sentences

Subjunctive mood used for a doubtful or conditional attitude

Imperative mood used for commands

Predicate nominative the word or clause that follows a linking verb and complements, or completes, the subject of the sentence by renaming it

Predicate adjective the word or clause that follows a linking verb and complements, or completes, the subject of the sentence by describing it

https://quizlet.com/429093/grammatical-elements-flash-cards/

(1) (Reply)

Our Daily Life Styles / How A Degree In Literature Helps A Writer? / Aladinma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.