Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,210 members, 7,860,359 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:55 AM

Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief (1040 Views)

Why Are Most White Folks Irreligious / Deaths By Religious Wars,democides And Attrocities Vs Those By The Irreligious / Help Cure An Irreligious Man’s Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by haryomikun(m): 2:19pm On Feb 14, 2016

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by haryomikun(m): 2:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
Seun , Lalasticlala This is FP material
Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by Oluwaseytiano(m): 2:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
Exactly, I also believe religion is flawed. Av you noticed each world religion is tailored after its culture of origin. Religion was, is and will always be the opium of the masses.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by bxcode(m): 11:46pm On Feb 14, 2016
haryomikun:
Bxcode answer the questions on this thread please www.nairaland.com/2933569/cure-irreligious-mans-belief

Urahara

An insightful post you made up there, honestly you raised a lot of issues that are really tough and I can't say I will answer all the issues but I will try and summarise my opinion, and do so without any prejudice.
First, I will like to correct the impression about Christianity and religion in practical sense. Christianity is not actually a religion, but a way of life, it's true that people use them interchangeably contextually, but if you look at religion, you will agree with me that it started with man and not with God almighty himself. Religion only permits what services it, be it the different doctrines that abound in Christendom today or Muslim or Buddhism and so on. Religion also tries to look at God out of human point of view using ones culture, environment and so on. And personally I believe the word religion has done more harm than good to humanity. Religion is one of the greatest weapon that the devil uses against humanity today because it claims to answer questions that bothers on spirituality and in the process gives man a perverted and twisted truth which leaves its followers living in deception and very far from THE TRUTH.
Christianity on the other hand started with the person of Jesus Christ himself after he left the earth and his disciples were called that named first in Antioch, mind you that religion was also in practice then but Jesus Christ defined a particular easy way of accessing the one and only true God. He told his disciples: I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, NO ONES COMETH TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME.
Why is Christianity the one true 'religion contextually speaking?
Christianity is the only 'religion' that believes in a risen saviour. All the founders of other religion Budda, Mohamed, Confucius, etc are all dead.
Christianity is the only 'religion' that deals with the issue of man's sinful nature by offering us the gift of salvation absolutely without any price. other religion are just based on set of rules that dosent guarantee one of any sure ending and which no man can even maintain those rules fully without feeling guilt or worthlessness but for those in Christ there is no condemnation whatsoever.
Christianity is the only religion that gives man an opportunity to have a personal relationship with the one and only true God. Other Religion dosent have such privilege as you only worship the other Gods from afar. The person of Christ liberated us from the tyranny of limiting worship to geographical boundaries and buildings as you can worship him in your heart without and feel his prescence no matter where you are.
Christianity is the only religion that you don't have to do anything like sacrifice, religious rites, ritual etc so as to fellowship with God almighty or to obtain his mercy. Everything has been done by Jesus Christ himself on the cross of Calvary and the only question is will you believe?
Christianity is the only 'religion' that totally liberates a woman from the confines of religious discrimination.
Christianity is the only religion that has a promise of experiencing perfect peace which the world cannot give you. I can go on and on but lemme stop here for now.
But as you said, Christianity also has its own division and religious hypocrisy and I humbly believe that some Christians are the most hypocritical believers more than other religion because most followers don't practise what they preach and there is a lot of perverted and false preachers out there today with ulterior motive contrary to what Christ had in mind before he left this world. Jesus even stated it emphatically in the scriptures that in the last days, many will come in his name and deceive a lot of people which is happening today. The truth is that any Christian today without the person of Jesus Christ in that individual's life is simply practicing religion.
There are many world religion today, but the uniqueness of Christ is one that answers all the question that pertains to humanity in general which is the evil in our own hearts. Evil is the very thing that confronts the nature of man today and only the person of Jesus can solve it.

2 Likes

Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by haryomikun(m): 12:42am On Feb 15, 2016
bxcode:

An insightful post you made up there, honestly you raised a lot of issues that are really tough and I can't say I will answer all the issues but I will try and summarise my opinion, and do so without any prejudice.
First, I will like to correct the impression about Christianity and religion in practical sense. Christianity is not actually a religion, but a way of life, it's true that people use them interchangeably contextually, but if you look at religion, you will agree with me that it started with man and not with God almighty himself. Religion only permits what services it, be it the different doctrines that abound in Christendom today or Muslim or Buddhism and so on. Religion also tries to look at God out of human point of view using ones culture, environment and so on. And personally I believe the word religion has done more harm than good to humanity. Religion is one of the greatest weapon that the devil uses against humanity today because it claims to answer questions that bothers on spirituality and in the process gives man a perverted and twisted truth which leaves its followers living in deception and very far from THE TRUTH.
Christianity on the other hand started with the person of Jesus Christ himself after he left the earth and his disciples were called that named first in Antioch, mind you that religion was also in practice then but Jesus Christ defined a particular easy way of accessing the one and only true God. He told his disciples: I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, NO ONES COMETH TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME.
Why is Christianity the one true 'religion contextually speaking?
Christianity is the only 'religion' that believes in a risen saviour. All the founders of other religion Budda, Mohamed, Confucius, etc are all dead.
Christianity is the only 'religion' that deals with the issue of man's sinful nature by offering us the gift of salvation absolutely without any price. other religion are just based on set of rules that dosent guarantee one of any sure ending and which no man can even maintain those rules fully without feeling guilt or worthlessness but for those in Christ there is no condemnation whatsoever.
Christianity is the only religion that gives man an opportunity to have a personal relationship with the one and only true God. Other Religion dosent have such privilege as you only worship the other Gods from afar. The person of Christ liberated us from the tyranny of limiting worship to geographical boundaries and buildings as you can worship him in your heart without and feel his prescence no matter where you are.
Christianity is the only religion that you don't have to do anything like sacrifice, religious rites, ritual etc so as to fellowship with God almighty or to obtain his mercy. Everything has been done by Jesus Christ himself on the cross of Calvary and the only question is will you believe?
Christianity is the only 'religion' that totally liberates a woman from the confines of religious discrimination.
Christianity is the only religion that has a promise of experiencing perfect peace which the world cannot give you. I can go on and on but lemme stop here for now.
But as you said, Christianity also has its own division and religious hypocrisy and I humbly believe that some Christians are the most hypocritical believers more than other religion because most followers don't practise what they preach and there is a lot of perverted and false preachers out there today with ulterior motive contrary to what Christ had in mind before he left this world. Jesus even stated it emphatically in the scriptures that in the last days, many will come in his name and deceive a lot of people which is happening today. The truth is that any Christian today without the person of Jesus Christ in that individual's life is simply practicing religion.
There are many world religion today, but the uniqueness of Christ is one that answers all the question that pertains to humanity in general which is the evil in our own hearts. Evil is the very thing that confronts the nature of man today and only the person of Jesus can solve it.

Great points made above sir. But it still doesn't satisfy my curiousity, you see. Christianity CLAIMS Jesus is still alive. But from history, I know Jesus isn't alive anymore.

You said the truth,,, when it comes to religions, christianity offers the best options, best morals and teachings. But because it is the best in those terms doesn't give me the guarantee it is the REAL one.

One thing though... You said Jesus said in the 'Last Days' many will deceive in his name and all. But the bible itself records the sons of sceva as using his name to try to cast out demons. Now, there's one thing with history. History is usually limited to the perspective of the writer and what he/she has heard. Isn't it logical to say many people had started deceiving in Jesus's name from times past but only once was it recorded in the bible.

Or let's look at it from another perspective. Maybe Jesus was simply a very very wise man who had a high IQ and could predict human nature accurately from times past. And then merely predicted what would be happening after his death. Besides, as I pointed out in the article, most of the Last Days predictions were vague and have been what has been happening throughout history.

Again, you were wrong somewhere and let me quote you.

"Christianity is the only 'religion' that totally liberates a woman from the confines of religious discrimination."

I used to think that too until in my 100 level days my next door neighbor countered that. He showed me a verse in the new testament that says a woman isn't fit to preach on the altar and that it is a sin. I can't remember the verse now but I'll call him and ask to quote the verse here. Infact, the day he told me there was a verse like that, I argued strongly with him. He then called his sister in my presence, she gave him the bible text and he read it out for me. I was surprised. And d text was from KJV and not some catholic bible.

Once I get the verse I'll modify the post and alert you bro.

3 Likes

Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by bxcode(m): 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
haryomikun:

Great points made above sir. But it still doesn't satisfy my curiousity, you see. Christianity CLAIMS Jesus is still alive. But from history, I know Jesus isn't alive anymore.

You said the truth,,, when it comes to religions, christianity offers the best options, best morals and teachings. But because it is the best in those terms doesn't give me the guarantee it is the REAL one.

One thing though... You said Jesus said in the 'Last Days' many will deceive in his name and all. But the bible itself records the sons of sceva as using his name to try to cast out demons. Now, there's one thing with history. History is usually limited to the perspective of the writer and what he/she has heard. Isn't it logical to say many people had started deceiving in Jesus's name from times past but only once was it recorded in the bible.

Or let's look at it from another perspective. Maybe Jesus was simply a very very wise man who had a high IQ and could predict human nature accurately from times past. And then merely predicted what would be happening after his death. Besides, as I pointed out in the article, most of the Last Days predictions were vague and have been what has been happening throughout history.

Again, you were wrong somewhere and let me quote you.

"Christianity is the only 'religion' that totally liberates a woman from the confines of religious discrimination."

I used to think that too until in my 100 level days my next door neighbor countered that. He showed me a verse in the new testament that says a woman isn't fit to preach on the altar and that it is a sin. I can't remember the verse now but I'll call him and ask to quote the verse here. Infact, the day he told me there was a verse like that, I argued strongly with him. He then called his sister in my presence, she gave him the bible text and he read it out for me. I was surprised. And d text was from KJV and not some catholic bible.

Once I get the verse I'll modify the post and alert you bro.
The bible verse you are referring to in your later paragraph is in 1 Timothy 2:11-15
But you read the meaning out of context and if you understood what Paul was telling Timothy, you will understand that he wasn't verbally saying that women shouldn't preach but they should be under the of a man in humility, the way God created man starting with Adam then Eve. To help you understand it better, look at the full chapter below in The Message translation.
1 Timothy 2:1-15
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so we can be quietly about our business of living simply, in humble contemplation. This is the way our Savior God wants us to live. He wants not only us but everyone saved, you know, everyone to get to know the truth we’ve learned: that there’s one God and only one, and one Priest-Mediator between God and us—Jesus, who offered himself in exchange for everyone held captive by sin, to set them all free. Eventually the news is going to get out. This and this only has been my appointed work: getting this news to those who have never heard of God, and explaining how it works by simple faith and plain truth. Since prayer is at the bottom of all this, what I want mostly is for men to pray—not shaking angry fists at enemies but raising holy hands to God. And I want women to get in there with the men in humility before God, not primping before a mirror or chasing the latest fashions but doing something beautiful for God and becoming beautiful doing it. I don’t let women take over and tell the men what to do. They should study to be quiet and obedient along with everyone else. Adam was made first, then Eve; woman was deceived first—our pioneer in sin!—with Adam right on her heels. On the other hand, her childbearing brought about salvation, reversing Eve. But this salvation only comes to those who continue in faith, love, and holiness, gathering it all into maturity. You can depend on this.
Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by mumumugu(m): 2:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
everybody is confused. you,me pastor,imam.......so you cant be helped ...only u can help urself

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 15, 2016
haryomikun:

You said the truth,,, when it comes to religions, christianity offers the best options, best morals and teachings....
Lol.

4 Likes

Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by haryomikun(m): 8:17pm On Feb 15, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Lol.
Lool. I lie ni?
Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by lepasharon(f): 9:20pm On Feb 15, 2016
All religions are delusion

1 Like

Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by haryomikun(m): 3:32am On Feb 21, 2016
Seun , Lalasticlala This is FP material
Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by Flexherbal(m): 6:24am On Feb 21, 2016
We need scholars here to respond to these questions.

1 Like

Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by drered(m): 8:34am On Feb 21, 2016
No religion can withstand the assault of sustained critical thinking..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by haryomikun(m): 12:49pm On Feb 21, 2016
Flexherbal:
We need scholars here to respond to these questions.
No mind seun and lalasticlala Dem no wan put am for FP
Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by haryomikun(m): 2:17am On Feb 28, 2016
lalasticlala seun
past three weeks now oh and the post hasn't made FP
Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by cloudgoddess(f): 3:19am On Feb 28, 2016
drered:
No religion can withstand the assault of sustained critical thinking..

To put it simply.
Re: Help Cure An Irreligious Man's Belief by Swissheart(f): 7:30am On Feb 28, 2016
Nawa oh......

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor EA Adeboye Visits Edo State! / John 8:58 / Have You Ever Preached To An "Unconvertible" Person? Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.