Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

When Can A Car Be Said To Be Thirsty? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When Can A Car Be Said To Be Thirsty? (1032 Views)

Rolls-Royce Corruption Probe Said To Expand To Nigeria Bribes / My Car Drinking Fuel Like Thirsty Car / Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Can A Car Be Said To Be Thirsty? by patlead: 3:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
I have a 2000 camry that uses about 35litres to cover a distance of about 160 miles.considering the traffic situation of Lagos roads,can this car be said to be heavy on fuel consumption?
Re: When Can A Car Be Said To Be Thirsty? by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:30pm On Feb 14, 2016
patlead:
I have a 2000 camry that uses about 35litres to cover a distance of about 160 miles.considering the traffic situation of Lagos roads,can this car be said to be heavy on fuel consumption?

160miles= 267km boss it's fair.
Re: When Can A Car Be Said To Be Thirsty? by patlead: 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

160miles= 267km boss it's fair.
your response sounds like it can be better.can servicing with a higher grade of oil make the consumption better? I use the 20 w50 grade oil.I just love to keep m cars in top shape.
Re: When Can A Car Be Said To Be Thirsty? by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
patlead:
your response sounds like it can be better.can servicing with a higher grade of oil make the consumption better? I use the 20 w50 grade oil.I just love to keep m cars in top shape.

engine temp should hover around 90-96degrees, O2 sensors should be functional, air filters clean. Tyres with the right pressures.

2 Likes

Re: When Can A Car Be Said To Be Thirsty? by patlead: 5:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

engine temp should hover around 90-96degrees, O2 sensors should be functional, air filters clean. Tyres with the right pressures.
thanks
Re: When Can A Car Be Said To Be Thirsty? by 9icetoo(m): 11:27pm On Feb 14, 2016
patlead:
you may be able to get better mpg if you do a proper tune up as well as use a lower weight engine oil.
start by getting brand new OEM spark plugs, replacing bad plug wires, replacing or cleaning air filter. making sure brakes are not binding. setting your alignment properly. inflating tires properly. driving less aggressively.
Re: When Can A Car Be Said To Be Thirsty? by patlead: 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
9icetoo:

you may be able to get better mpg if you do a proper tune up as well as use a lower weight engine oil.
start by getting brand new OEM spark plugs, replacing bad plug wires, replacing or cleaning air filter. making sure brakes are not binding. setting your alignment properly. inflating tires properly. driving less aggressively.
okay,will try that out carefully
Re: When Can A Car Be Said To Be Thirsty? by inventory(m): 2:03pm On Feb 16, 2016
Bros I recently changed my ABS of sienna 2000 model when the speedometer did'nt work.. but since the change of the abs my sienna started consuming fuel and doing black smoke.... i hav been doing try.and error since this new issue ... but my new mechanic said the car BrainBox need to be change again.... i want help will fault brain box cause this?

(1) (Reply)

Car Review: 2015 Kia Rio / Cotonour Cars Are Often Tampered With / 2018 Mercedes Benz E Class Coupe Revealed Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.