Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,508 members, 7,812,566 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

What Is Hell To You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Hell To You (633 Views)

Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell / Oyedepo Denies Saying He Will Open Gates Of Hell To Jonathan's Opponents / How True Is Hell Fire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Hell To You by mayrho(m): 9:21am On Jul 07, 2009
HI guys, I was engaged in a discussion with someone on my way to work this morning and he told me wants to go to hell that Jesus went to hell that everyone is going there after here.
I objected and said am not going to hell fire then the argument began he said there is nothing like hell fire.

I kept quiet confused of what to say to him and worried for him and wondering if i have some kind of amnesia, I looked it up and came up with this please I need you guys to pls discuss this and educate me just in case am missing something

Matthew 25:41 tells us that Hell was prepared for the Devil and his angels. That’s why such a place was prepared in the first place.

any place of pain and turmoil; "the hell of battle"; "the inferno of the engine room"; "when you're alone Christmas is the pits";
a cause of difficulty and suffering; "war is hell"; "go to blazes"
(Christianity) the abode of Satan and the forces of evil; where sinners suffer eternal punishment; "Hurl'd headlong, To bottomless perdition, there to dwell"- John Milton; "a demon from the depths of the pit"; "Hell is paved with good intentions"-Dr. Johnson
(religion) the world of the dead; "No one goes to Hades with all his immense wealth"-Theognis
sin: violent and excited activity; "they began to fight like sin"
noisy and unrestrained mischief; "raising blazes"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
Re: What Is Hell To You by skydancer: 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2009
Hell is a place of damnation for those the devil has lured into condemnation along with him. Don't let him lure you.

(1) (Reply)

Judas Strikes Again / My Hope Is Built On God’s Foundation. / Subject Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.