Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell (21176 Views)

Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven / Facts About Hell In The Bible / Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by iliyande(m): 7:10am On Mar 06, 2016
God has given us enough education about the torment that is in hell, the people who go there and how we can avoid the pits of it. While, as Christians, we don't really focus on hell as much because we know that when we abide in Jesus it is not part of our destiny anymore, it is good to have a healthy view of hell for two reasons: to know what we must save our non-believing loved ones from and to further appreciate God's love and grace by knowing what Christ has saved us from.

What does the Bible tell us about hell?

Hell is not God's choice

Galatians 6:8 tells us "For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." God does not willingly throw people into hell just because He wants to, but because it is the choice of those who are destined to be there.

God has made it clear that we can either choose to live with Him now and forever, or be doomed to be separated from Him forever. Sadly, many people still choose to live lives separate from God, and there's no one else responsible for that choice except themselves.

Hell goes on forever

Hell will not last a thousand years or a million years. It will be for all eternity. It's daunting to know that we only have a hundred years or less to make a decision that will affect our eternity, but God makes it simple: We are only to believe in Him, period. 2 Thessalonians 1:9 says, "They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might."

Hell is not just physical torment, but spiritual torment

Although the Bible paints a picture of hell by narrating physical torment, the punishment of hell is far more painful than that. Matthew 10:28 tells us, "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

Hell is where God's grace is absent

The greatest punishment is not the presence of pain and suffering, but the absence of God's love and mercy. Today, everyone still has a taste of that love and grace in one way or another, but those who will fall into eternal fire will no longer experience that love and grace one day.

John 3:36 says, "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him."

Source ; http://www.christiantoday.com/article/what.do.we.know.about.hell/81058.htm

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by djraymy(m): 7:15am On Mar 06, 2016
according to JW hell is not fire, its simply Grave

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by zzzzy: 8:04am On Mar 06, 2016
djraymy:
i think that's hades

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by TPAND(f): 8:49am On Mar 06, 2016
Point of correction: Hell is not physical torment.

When you die your celestial body is put up for judgement not the terrestrial body.

The spirit is what faces judgement not the body. Celestial body is not physical.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Icecomrade: 10:14am On Mar 13, 2016

Just say there is no God. Live your life the way you deem fit.
Stop misinterpreting the Bible

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Bsc(m): 10:15am On Mar 13, 2016
Pls tell the last person that entered hell to close the gate..

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by macino1(m): 10:15am On Mar 13, 2016
Nice piece. To those who will doubt it, experience is the best teacher.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Miznel(f): 10:16am On Mar 13, 2016
hell is a Greek word for grave. People die and go to hell otherwise known as grave.

22 Likes

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by raziboi(m): 10:16am On Mar 13, 2016
hell is real

i believe dat
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 13, 2016
k

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Warlord3000(m): 10:17am On Mar 13, 2016
Won't say a thing

Even though the idea of eternal damnation by a Merciful God kinda sounds contradictory to me..

But wait .. What do I know sef cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by henrydadon(m): 10:18am On Mar 13, 2016
i dont believe hell is real..what i do beleive is that when we die..we all gonna go back to the ground where we came from..hell fire is some bullshit crap

21 Likes

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Ekehwinz: 10:19am On Mar 13, 2016
it is better to live a righteous life with no belief of hell than to live a sinful life believing that there's no hell but get to find yourself in hell at the last day.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by IndianBwoy(m): 10:19am On Mar 13, 2016
Hell is fake.

You are reincarnated.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Houseofglam7(f): 10:19am On Mar 13, 2016
How will this stop the queues in filling stations

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Nenye75(f): 10:19am On Mar 13, 2016
Icecomrade:

It is better to live as if there is God and die discovering there is no God than living as if there is no God and die to realise there is God....

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by boman2014: 10:20am On Mar 13, 2016
Does "Hell" really exist? Is there a "Hell" in the Bible? Hell no!
There is no "Hell" in the Bible!

What is "hell" like, really? Is it located here on earth, or in
some other dimension? Is it real, or a myth? Can the Bible lead
us to the truth?

Where is "hell" first mentioned in the Bible, and
why is it so hard to find in the more accurate modern
translations? Why was the punishment of "hell" never
mentioned to the original sinners―Adam, Eve and Cain―nor to
unbelievers like the Pharaoh who defied God repeatedly?

Are
there Bible verses that clearly describe "hell," explaining its
origins and purpose? Hell no! If you study "hell" in the Bible,
you're in for a long, fruitless search for facts, definitions and
explanations. Why? Because the Hebrew prophets never
mentioned a place where human beings writhe in eternal
torment, gnashing their teeth forever.

Nor did the prophets ever

mention even the possibility of suffering after death. Isn't that
extremely odd, if there really is a hell and God wanted us to
know how to avoid it? The Hebrew Bible (our Old Testament)
mentions a place called Sheol, but as I will demonstrate below
—quoting book, chapter and verse—the Hebrew word Sheol
clearly means "the grave" or "the abode of all the dead, good
and bad.

" The same is true in the New Testament, where the
Greek word Hades also clearly means "the grave" or "the
abode of all the dead." Nor does Gehenna mean "hell," as I
explain below. So "hell" is not a biblical teaching at all, but a
harrowing mistranslation used by charlatans to brainwash
believers into forking over their hard-earned money while
obeying commandments they never bothered to observe
themselves.

(It seems hell hath no fury like a hypocritical
moralist out to control other people's behavior.) Unfortunately,
the innocents who suffer most from this hellish dogma are
highly impressionable children who trust their parents, pastors,
youth directors and Sunday School teachers not to mislead
them ...

15 Likes

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by seunmsg(m): 10:20am On Mar 13, 2016
Hell only exist in the minds of misguided religious fanatics. It is a fairytale fantasy cooked up by religious leaders to control their followers. Heaven and hell doesn't exist. Once you die, that's the end of your life.

10 Likes

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Izecson3D(m): 10:20am On Mar 13, 2016
Iono o
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Izecson3D(m): 10:21am On Mar 13, 2016
boman2014:
c
c for christian cheesy
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by Alfred200825(m): 10:21am On Mar 13, 2016
If my earthly father cannot torture me with fire, I don't think my heavenly father who created both me and my earthly father can try such. I serve a caring and loving God

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by donfranklin(m): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2016
Ok
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by lloydpras: 10:23am On Mar 13, 2016
Hell got nothing on me..am a Nigerian am in it already. cool

12 Likes

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by MKO4ever(m): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2016
djraymy:
TPAND:
When you die your celestial body is put up for judgement not the terrestrial body.
The spirit is what faces judgement not the body. Celestial body is not physical.
Icecomrade:

popstun:
As a christain..my philosophical answer is.. I believe hell is real but i do not know if it's actually real
Miznel:
hell is a Greek word for grave. People die and go to hell otherwise known as grave.
Bible=confusion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by tahir01(m): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2016
HELL is real my brothers and sisters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by subbieD(f): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2016
Hell is not a place one should give a seond thought .it is a place one would beg for second Chance and may never get; we have all it takes now to even get a third chance and still make heaven,his love and grace is that abundant. Yes,it is a place where there is absence of God's grace and LOVE.

9 Likes

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by popcykaylah(m): 10:25am On Mar 13, 2016
I believe this earth itself is hell. ..please lets just look around us..so much chaos..

2 Likes

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by imohchard(m): 10:26am On Mar 13, 2016
I think the Bible says that the punishment for sin is death.. Where did hell Come in
When Adam and Eve sinned, God told them that they would die. Not go to hell. Remember that it's them that introduced us to sin. And their punishment is just death.. And if we sinned we get to suffer forever in fiery hell.

Does that make sense?
Remember that God is a God of Justice and justice required that we suffer the same punishment for sin.

Hell definitely is not the Devine punishment for sin.

Or can someone show me hellfire in the whole Bible?

Simply put, the Devine punishment for sin is death.
Jehovah's witness have been exposing false religious teachings since 1800

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by honourhim: 10:27am On Mar 13, 2016
Hell is real
Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by twosquare(m): 10:27am On Mar 13, 2016
Hell is not forever coz both hell and Hades will be thrown into Lake... It's a temporal place where the disobedient ones are kept till the great white throne judgment.

1 Like

Re: Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell by seunmsg(m): 10:28am On Mar 13, 2016
TPAND:

How will the spirit feel the impact of the torment and burning fire?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MFM 2016 Annual 70 Days Fasting And Prayers Begins Today Monday 8th August / Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? / Why Pator Chris Okotie Divorced His Wife Stephanie Henshaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.