Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,332 members, 7,954,348 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:14 PM

What Does It Mean To Place An Employee On Probation - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Does It Mean To Place An Employee On Probation (1456 Views)

Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? / Why You Should Be An Employee / Message I Received From N-power What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean To Place An Employee On Probation by aspirer01: 5:53pm On Feb 14, 2016
Dear nairalander, i went for an interview after passing the Aptitude test, the MD told me i will be place on probation for 3 month, she told if im ok with it. The nature of the job is sales Representative, is it advisable to accept such offer, i need your candid opinion.
Re: What Does It Mean To Place An Employee On Probation by dammytosh: 5:55pm On Feb 14, 2016
It means u are on trial.

If your output is satisfactory, you will be officially confirmed as a staff but if you are not, u will go home.

BEST OF LUCK BRO
Re: What Does It Mean To Place An Employee On Probation by INTROVERT(f): 5:56pm On Feb 14, 2016
Meaning your can get fired at anytime if you don't meet expectation.
Re: What Does It Mean To Place An Employee On Probation by aspirer01: 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
Thanks you all
Re: What Does It Mean To Place An Employee On Probation by aspirer01: 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
Thank you all
Re: What Does It Mean To Place An Employee On Probation by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 16, 2016
You are going to be probed by the EFCC before they can employ you
Re: What Does It Mean To Place An Employee On Probation by BLWeb: 7:26am On Feb 16, 2016
aspirer01:
Dear nairalander, i went for an interview after passing the Aptitude test, the MD told me i will be place on probation for 3 month, she told if im ok with it. The nature of the job is sales Representative, is it advisable to accept such offer, i need your candid opinion.

The outcome of your probation period will depend on how best you perform the tasks they give you, and also many other factors in the work place.
But what will you do when you don't come out successful at the end of the probation period? This is why Brilliant Lights Entrepreneur Training is here for you, so you can even get started running your business with the skills you learn from us, just in case you don't get through the period.
Re: What Does It Mean To Place An Employee On Probation by Nnaemiemax: 1:23pm On Feb 16, 2016
Every confirmed staff in a reputable coy have all been on probationary mode before attaining permanent status. Relax and concentrate on your tasks op, you will do just fine just as you did through the entry processes.
It's simply another process you have to go through for a better upgrade wink
Re: What Does It Mean To Place An Employee On Probation by onaf: 2:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
Dear Poster,

It is a standard practice for any employer to place her employee on probation.Depending on the category of the job,probation varies from 3 month to 2 years.Most employee with the state and federl government,particularly Lagos State are placed on 2 years probation before confirmation.

Three (3 ) months probation is best for you.Just find out ,if after the probation your salary will be adjusted;this is not mandatory.I will advise that you acccept the offer and give it your best effort.At least you now have exprience and you can use the opportunity to build your CV.

Wish you the best.

Regards

(1) (Reply)

Sales Vacancy / Jobs And Administrative Opportunities At Watanmal Group Of Company Nig LTD / Urgent Job Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.