Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Fellow Coder Need Help O - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Fellow Coder Need Help O (1246 Views)

The Difference Between A Programmer, Coder, Developer And Engineer / .net Programmers I Need Your Help O / Naija Coder: Test Your Coding Skills Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Coder Need Help O by shegzhkn: 8:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
heyo wadup coders happy Sunday. I just wanna ask this question ; like some days ago I sat for my gse 301 test in the school CBT Hall and I noticed something when I view source while answering the question I saw about 3000 lines of code for just a question I couldn't have check all it content cos my time is going so what am inquisitive about is , is it that all the question for that exam is in that source or what cos am sure it not that question source code that is as long as that and how exactly will their server be since it on intranet and know they are using java server pages technology.I really need to know this....
Re: Fellow Coder Need Help O by OPEYEMIAD(m): 9:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
shegzhkn:
heyo wadup coders happy Sunday. I just wanna ask this question ; like some days ago I sat for my gse 301 test in the school CBT Hall and I noticed something when I view source while answering the question I saw about 3000 lines of code for just a question I couldn't have check all it content cos my time is going so what am inquisitive about is , is it that all the question for that exam is in that source or what cos am sure it not that question source code that is as long as that and how exactly will their server be since it on intranet and know they are using java server pages technology.I really need to know this....

Are you a programmer ?
if no,
if you see one question at a time that means each question come from database randomly.
the code you are seeing is a combination of different languages (e.g Html, Jscript, Php/Asp.net, Sql, CSS)
Also if the interface was generated using web builder there is a tendency to get more code.

text file doesn't consume much space if there is no much pictures to be converted to byte.
how do you you know the technology they are using?
if you are a programmer you will understand better
Re: Fellow Coder Need Help O by Nobody: 3:30am On Feb 15, 2016
All you will see is how the question is rendered in html......but the logic required to grade your scores lies only within the server.......

They didn't use client side programming (javascript) but a server-side programming (jsp). So you can't see the answers.
Re: Fellow Coder Need Help O by airsaylongcon: 4:14am On Feb 15, 2016
CBT solutions don't work like that. They pull questions from a question bank on an as-needed basis. What you saw was a html rendition of the text/graphic that was displayed.

I think your ability to view source is a procedural weakness by your institution. When I deploy CBTs I configure the client systems to use a browser called Safe Exam Browser. This locks down the Computer (Kiosk mode) and puts the browser in full screen mode hiding all the menu buttons and disabling any shortcut button combo. You can't even use CTRL-ALT-DELETE. Only authorised apps (like calculator) can be used.
Re: Fellow Coder Need Help O by shegzhkn: 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
airsaylongcon:
CBT solutions don't work like that. They pull questions from a question bank on an as-needed basis. What you saw was a html rendition of the text/graphic that was displayed.

I think your ability to view source is a procedural weakness by your institution. When I deploy CBTs I configure the client systems to use a browser called Safe Exam Browser. This locks down the Computer (Kiosk mode) and puts the browser in full screen mode hiding all the menu buttons and disabling any shortcut button combo. You can't even use CTRL-ALT-DELETE. Only authorised apps (like calculator) can be used.
well you tried sha configure all client side... hmm not for a coder that can disconfigure ur configuration...anyway it etc at unilorin and I copy the URL from their old shitty browser and I did my test on chrome. buh seriously how will their server and database be .explain since u r conversant with e examination
Re: Fellow Coder Need Help O by danidee10(m): 4:23pm On Feb 15, 2016
airsaylongcon:

That's good, i can just imagine if the CBT validates the answer on the front-end with javascript...the person go get 101/100 grin. it's best to make the CBT stand-alone, then it will pull data from a central source (More work sha) instead of using web technologies

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Edict An Android App? / Fresh Unlimited Smtp | Rdp | Cpanel | Shell | Webmail | Leads / Java Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.