Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,275 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? (44781 Views)

Photos :A Village In China That Has Not Seen Any Mosquito For The Past 700 Years / Have you ever or seen any one who have won the biggest balloon? (check Photo) / ‘buhari Can Have My Certificate, I’ve Never Needed Mine’ – Cool Fm’s Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by coolaustyne(m): 7:06am On Feb 15, 2016
I have never seen: 1. Hausa ma wey get dread(Dada) 2. Albino wey dey mad..
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Lstar4real(m): 7:14am On Feb 15, 2016
MzPecs:
I enjoy 120hrs of uninterrupted power supply in ilobu village, osun state! cool
wow that's our home town btwn ilobu is not village... its city... can I get to know you
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by waveskaaya(m): 7:16am On Feb 15, 2016
Bros u sabi lie oooo.where u see light for 120hrs for oluyole? grin
domopps:
Lols....... but av seen some tho

1 av seen. An albino Obituary Posters when I used 2 stay Opp. St petter cementary Aremo Ibadan

2 And av also seen plenty Yoruba movies without voodoo

3. 120 hrs of interrupted light in Oluyole est Ibadan and in my area here in lag.

Proof in a bit ! Lalasticlala

Cheeeers
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by domopps(m): 7:17am On Feb 15, 2016
cosmo84:

Lol. Of course you would have seen an albino's obituary
CHIEF, YOU WERE LIVING OPP A CEMETERY. A RARE PRIVILEDGE

Lols

Happy new week

Cheeers

1 Like

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by OMOLEMONDAY(m): 7:22am On Feb 15, 2016
Abosi31:
Five things I’ve never seen as a Nigerian.
This is a list I have compiled using my over twenty-years experience on earth in Nigeria. It is possible anyone who has lived in the same geographical location would have the same experience.

5. A Female Obioma:
‘Obioma’ is a name given to people who carry small sewing machines around from house to house, street to street to mend clothes at your doorstep. My entire life, I have never seen a woman do this job. It seems to be restricted in some way, to only the men folk. If you have ever seen a female obioma, maybe it was in a nollywood movie- oh, or a dream.
COME TO IBADAN U WILL SEE THEM
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by domopps(m): 7:27am On Feb 15, 2016
waveskaaya:
Bros u sabi lie oooo.where u see light for 120hrs for oluyole? grin

Hello good morning the fact that NL is a faceless forum still doesn't give key to indolent........

And the fact that av seen what u are yet 2 see doesn't make me a liar. But I bet you would probably very small in 2003 kindly ask ppl around you abt Oluyole's light around 12 or 13 yrs ago

Wishing you great week ahead!

Cheeeeeeers
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by MzPecs(f): 7:42am On Feb 15, 2016
princeshijman:
are you from ilobu? dats wer i served
Presently serving there..
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by MzPecs(f): 7:44am On Feb 15, 2016
RexTramadol1:

Na lie, ilobu ni ilenle nbeyen
No copy broda Lai na!
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by MzPecs(f): 7:46am On Feb 15, 2016
9japrof:

If township issues come up and I hear you say pim, then the thunder wey go fire you still dey do press up.

God don catch you today, Na from villa you dey always log on to nairaland, no wonder you dey dey online 247
Now, this is hilarious! grin grin grin
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by HaneefahRN(f): 7:48am On Feb 15, 2016
Akinz0126:
@Op you makes a lot of sense especially that yoruba films of a thing.Voodoo ke Yoruba no fit do film without voodoo ooooo to show aw wicked and cruel they are.one of the reason I havnt visit my homeland 4 ther past 10 years.

U're the wicked and cruel one. So cos Nollywood yoruba most times do films tht has some form of voodoo yorubas as a tribe wicked and cruel? The fact tht u come from a family ridden wt curses and voodoo wc makes ur scared of going home, doesn't make all yorubas tht way. We can also conclude tht since most of their translations sometimes av bombs all yorubas are illiterates who can't construct simple sentences.

Next time think well, b4 u type rubbish. U wicked and cruel yoruba man.

@ OP, nice one jare
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by MzPecs(f): 7:50am On Feb 15, 2016
Naziff:

You can't call my town a village sis
Lstar4real:
wow that's our home town btwn ilobu is not village... its city... can I get to know you
A city without a bank? grin

The only bank that functions around there is at Erin so Ilobu is village abeg! grin grin grin

A village where market opens every 5days cheesy cheesy
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by MzPecs(f): 7:52am On Feb 15, 2016
Osyxcel:

So you be village girl shocked lipsrsealed
Yes embarassed
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by stevLegend: 7:57am On Feb 15, 2016
ladyF:
120 hours of uninterrupted is not possible with NEPA alone. The funniest thing about Yoruba movies is the translation at the bottom of the screen, you'll be seeing things like "yes he giving me the pregnant" lol....no offence

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

Yes, on that, u're right. I thought i was the only one on dat. The things is that, the interpreter they use is not so gud in english. Therefore, can possibly subtittle frm yoruba to english.

I saw one that says; '' I is that one with a every message''
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 15, 2016
MzPecs:
I enjoy 120hrs of uninterrupted power supply in ilobu village, osun state! cool
So, na Ilobu u dey, small time now una go dey form VGC babe,...lol

#Ilobu champion.
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by MzPecs(f): 8:02am On Feb 15, 2016
Walkopet:
So, na Ilobu u dey, small time now una go dey form VGC babe,...lol

#Ilobu champion.
Lmao! grin grin grin
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 15, 2016
MzPecs:

Lmao! grin grin grin
so, u na Osun Indigene?
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by MzPecs(f): 8:13am On Feb 15, 2016
Walkopet:
so, u na Osun Indigene?
Nope!
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 15, 2016
MzPecs:

Nope!
Okay, what's the name, and where are you from?
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by tonquendo4u(m): 8:24am On Feb 15, 2016
And who has seen an hausa albino?must they always b dark?
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 15, 2016
ozila:
and this make front-page.?

oga u dey here, abeg cum update us ooooo, we dey wait . . The Carpenter, The Witch And The Mysterious Mirrow . . This story is so on point.
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by jayblaze001(m): 8:41am On Feb 15, 2016
Abosi31:
3. A Yoruba movie without juju:
Yes o. This one is impossible. It’s like saying you want to cook egusi soup without using egusi; or you want to sleep without closing your eyes. A Yoruba movie without some voodoo in the plot has not existed yet. Babalawo ti take over!

2. 120 Hours of Electricity:
I grew up in Port Harcourt, folks and NEPA people showed us shege. It seemed that we only had light when an intern was being shown around the PHCN building that controls our light. Then the tour guide would pull down the lever, so there will be light, then he’ll say to the intern, “now that’s how to turn the light on, and this is how to turn it off.” With that, the light goes off again until another intern is being shown around, three weeks later. grin grin The ‘longest light’ I’ve seen in my life was during the last elections, when we had light for like 4 days straight. That was before the NEPA people finally came with N140k bill and we had to root our meter. Yes, you can root meters these days.

1. My Post on front page of NL:
This one pains me. When posts about Cossy’s boobs and the new jumpsuit Chidinma wears make FP, my own them will only end up in the second to last position of ‘trending’ posts. But today, this yoke will be broken. Can I hear an amen?
Culled from www.escapedmydiary.com
op why you dey lie sef? Abeg if you want see beta light come my town EGI-clan in ONELGA or better still go to Bonny island.
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Ishilove: 9:13am On Feb 15, 2016
GogobiriLalas:
weed smoking chimp (Gogobiri 'monkey in Hausa'; Lalas 'street parlance referencing weed')
Wow. How...err, peculiar...

grin
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by mathias32(m): 9:16am On Feb 15, 2016
Akinz0126:
@Op you makes a lot of sense especially that yoruba films of a thing.Voodoo ke Yoruba no fit do film without voodoo ooooo to show aw wicked and cruel they are.one of the reason I havnt visit my homeland 4 ther past 10 years.
attention seeking big fool
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 15, 2016
nigeria white house
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 15, 2016
Ishilove:

Wow. How...err, peculiar...

grin
lol not like am an habitual user of the wacky tabacky meself...it just describes my sense of humor I suppose...I enjoy a good laugh cool
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Ishilove: 9:34am On Feb 15, 2016
GogobiriLalas:
lol not like am an habitual user of the wacky tabacky meself...it just describes my sense of humor I suppose...I enjoy a good laugh cool
But you are a user, yes? cheesy
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by ebenholer(m): 9:36am On Feb 15, 2016
domopps:
Lols....... but av seen some tho

1 av seen. An albino Obituary Posters when I used 2 stay Opp. St petter cementary Aremo Ibadan

2 And av also seen plenty Yoruba movies with voodoo

3. 120 hrs of interrupted light in Oluyole est Ibadan and in my area here in lag.

Proof in a bit ! Lalasticlala

Cheeeers
Na lie o, no place for Nigeria o una fit get light for 120hrs even if they give una 10phases from NEPA. They Neva born Yoruba movie wit no voodon, even if na white garment vodoo or some Alfa voodoo. Na waste of resources to do obituary for albinos nw, u know set they resembles one another mostly...
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by mcvirgin: 9:53am On Feb 15, 2016
Hav never seen an HAUSA albino....seems there are no fair northerners
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by ojomamah: 9:57am On Feb 15, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
.Av seen a female obioma ooo in ma area but shes dead now....But d rest re so true
BUT U SEE HR POSTER

1 Like

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 15, 2016
Ishilove:

But you are a user, yes? cheesy
en emm ehm wink
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Ishilove: 10:35am On Feb 15, 2016
GogobiriLalas:
en emm ehm wink
Your poor lungs... cry cry
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by ozila(m): 10:36am On Feb 15, 2016
JealousPrince:

oga u dey here, abeg cum update us ooooo, we dey wait
The Carpenter, The Witch And The Mysterious Mirrow
This story is so on point.

lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The First Thread On Nairaland In 2016!!! / Christmas Eve: 5 Bad Things That Will Happen Tonight / "I Need A Wife": A Keke Man's Advert In Asaba, Delta State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.