Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,722 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Henry: Why Did No Man City Players Celebrate With Iheanacho? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Henry: Why Did No Man City Players Celebrate With Iheanacho? (931 Views)

Sweden 0-2 England: Marcus Rashford In Tears, Players Celebrate (Photos) / Mourinho Had Milk And Water Thrown At Him As Man City Players Celebrate (PICS) / Alex Iwobi Shares Photo With Iheanacho On Twitter After Eagles Win, Fans React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Henry: Why Did No Man City Players Celebrate With Iheanacho? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
The former Arsenal striker found it "weird" that
the Nigerian's team-mates were muted in their
reaction to his equalising goal in their 2-1 defeat
against Tottenham on Sunday
Thierry Henry has questioned the togetherness within
the Manchester City squad by pointing out the lack of a
celebration after Kelechi Iheanacho's equalising goal
against Tottenham.
The Nigerian forward cancelled out Harry Kane's
second-half penalty but Christian Eriksen scored a late
winning goal for Spurs to earn the visitors a crucial three
points.
The defeat sees City remain six points behind Premier
League leaders Leicester City and Henry believes the
muted way in which Manuel Pellegrini's players reacted
to drawing level was telling. "I know you have to go and get the ball back [to ensure
a quick restart with the score level at 1-1 at the time]
but no one went to celebrate with Iheanacho," Henry told
Sky Sports.
"That's something that, I don't know… you scored a
goal, go and celebrate with the guy. 'Let's go, get the
ball back'. No one went to celebrate with him. He was in
the corner there.
"I think Vincent Kompany went with him and someone
else but that's it. Maybe I'm reading too much between
the lines about that Man City team, but no one went to
celebrate with him, that's a bit weird."
Goal.com

Re: Henry: Why Did No Man City Players Celebrate With Iheanacho? by eightsin(m): 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
Re: Henry: Why Did No Man City Players Celebrate With Iheanacho? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
Yea,i was confused,i thought the problem was with the
Cameras but nobody even gave him a 5 afterwads!Racist
Bastards especially Aguero,Silva and Navas!

1 Like

Re: Henry: Why Did No Man City Players Celebrate With Iheanacho? by Panelbeater(m): 9:41pm On Feb 14, 2016
me self wonder oh....racism?
Re: Henry: Why Did No Man City Players Celebrate With Iheanacho? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
They don't want him to outshine them
Re: Henry: Why Did No Man City Players Celebrate With Iheanacho? by moriton(m): 1:07am On Feb 15, 2016
Mhmmm
Re: Henry: Why Did No Man City Players Celebrate With Iheanacho? by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 15, 2016
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Henry: Why Did No Man City Players Celebrate With Iheanacho? by khattab02: 8:52am On Feb 15, 2016
hehehe......

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Bet9ja Confirmed Draws Today 29-05-2016 / First Nigerian To Ever Play At Highbury Dies,pa Dejo Fayemi / FA CUP Video:chelsea 4-2 Tottenham Hotspur 2017 All Goals & Highlight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.