Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse (3835 Views)

We Haven’t Recovered From Fighting Obasanjo, PDP Laments / Governor Ambode Inspects Apapa Road (Photos) / Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by asha80(m): 11:42am On Jul 07, 2009
Yar’Adua laments Oshodi-Apapa road collapse
Headlines Jul 7, 2009
President Umaru Yar'Adua and Mr Wale Babalakin (SAN), at the Presidential Wing of MM Aiport Ikeja, Lagos State. PHOTO; Kehinde Gbadamosi
By Emma Aziken, Kenneth Ehigiator & Kolade Lanrewaju
LAGOS — PRESIDENT Umaru Yar’Adua has expressed deep concern over the bad state of the Oshodi-Apapa expressway built 33 years ago with little or no major maintenance since then.

The President’s angst was expressed in a meeting with Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State yesterday. The president’s meeting with the governor came a few hours after the Governor had also met with Minister of Works, Dr Hassan Lawal, on the issue.

Yar’Adua meets Fashola , laments

Traffic stretching from Cele Bus Stop to Mile 2 on the Oshodi-Apapa expressway due to the failed portions on the road yesterday. Photo: Diran Oshe.
Both President Yar’Adua and Governor Fashola met at the Presidential Wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport shortly before the president was flown to Ogun State where he had gone to commission some projects.

Rising from the meeting which lasted about 15 minutes, Governor Fashola told airport correspondents that the president was very concerned about the bad state of the expressway which he described as the artery of the nation and state’s economies.

He said the president was in consonance with the state government’s position on the need for urgent steps to remedy the situation of the road in the interim, while efforts should be made to embark on both medium and long term reconstruction of the expressway which connects the nation’s gateway, the Murtala Muhammed International Airport and two ports — Apapa Wharf and Tin Can Island port.

Fashola said: “The discussions went well. It is for all concerned to appreciate the important roles transport plays with roads on the economy of Lagos, in particular for business of the state.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/07/yaradua-laments-oshodi-apapa-road-collapse/comment-page-1/#comments

Why is lagos state government waiting for federal government on this road?
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by Sagamite(m): 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2009
Let him keep on lamenting and doing nada.

Useless, stupid and dead president.
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by follypimpi(m): 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2009
@Sag

grin grin grin grin
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by mayrho(m): 12:39pm On Jul 07, 2009
asha 80:

Its a Trunk A Road meaning it is a Federal govt road
Sagamite:

useless stupid embarassed embarrassed shocked
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by vigasimple(m): 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2009
President  YAR A'LAMENT

A good president knowning the importance of that road linkin our 2 major seaports , main commercial Airport with the rest of the country will show strenght and action, also use that opportunity to show he his an action man.

He will immediately order the Minister of works to make sure reports on what need doing is on his table within 72 hours, and work must commence within a week. This and Lagos- Ibadan express road, linking benin-Ore Road are parts of road constructed during Murtala Era for Festac 77, everything is falling apart since all we do in this country is short term. No maintanance culture

President YAR A'NOTHING went to see Governor O good for Nothing OGD to open secretariat. another government project that will not be maintan and NOT private enterprises that develop a country.
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by mahal(m): 1:06pm On Jul 07, 2009
The road wasn't planned in this year's budget according to the mins. of works cry
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by MAITEMA(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2009
asha 80:

Yes indeed, why is Lagos State waiting on a paralyzed Federal Government and a mumu-ish President to fix this road? Yet LASTMA is on this same road harassing motorists.

I have plied this road in its chaotic condition. You dont wanna be there. For someone that returned to Nigeria with hope of change, I tell you words cannot express my disgust and fury.

We are in a mess in this country and Nigerians take it as life/business as usual. No light, no roads, business is a struggle and you need XXL resilience and perseverance to survive in your business. If I could turn back the hands of time, I would have remained abroad.

Oh God of creation, guide thou our leaders right
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by MAITEMA(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2009
mahal:

The road wasn't planned in this year's budget according to the mins. of works cry

Isnt there a term called SUPPLEMENTARY BUDGET?
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by lee007(m): 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2009
Did anyone watch him on the Television yesterday during the commissioning of the new shrine, sorry new secretariat in Abeokuta Alhaji go slow was looking rather smoked and tired, he cannot do nothing all he does is to lament, plant to declare, set up commitees and at the end nothing will happen!

I weep for this nation!
God Help us!
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by lawwyblack(m): 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2009
@lee007 My brother, GOD help us. cry
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by vigasimple(m): 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2009
MAITEMA:

Isnt there a term called SUPPLEMENTARY BUDGET?

There is and it is simply been used for addition to 'security votes' or niger delta jtf fund. it is all being eaten up by thieves.

These people who lead us are 'intelligent fools' . They know exactly what they are doing. politics and thieving
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2009
did you guys read what was written by any chance. don't think so. the problem is a 33year old problem. not a 2 yr old one. you can see here the lowsy yorubas condemning yaradua, and did not comment on the king of the jungle that was there for 8yrs and never even commented let alone repair, despite being a fat-lipped, pot-shiting yoruba like them. at least yaradua didn't turn a blind eye to it like that hopeless thing that was there before him. useless hypocrites. by the way, i'm not from the north. i'm just sitting on the fence.
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by Nezan(m): 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2009
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by bombsquad(m): 2:07pm On Jul 07, 2009
al-qaeda:

did you guys read what was written by any chance. don't think so. the problem is a 33year old problem. not a 2 yr old one. you can see here the lowsy yorubas condemning yaradua, and did not comment on the king of the jungle that was there for 8yrs and never even commented let alone repair, despite being a fat-lipped, pot-shiting yoruba like them. at least yaradua didn't turn a blind eye to it like that hopeless thing that was there before him. useless hypocrites. by the way, i'm not from the north. i'm just sitting on the fence.

This guy dey vex for tinubu no be smal, did yout lose an election??or are you PDPna wa oh, what is ur true identity brother?
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by Tudor6(f): 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2009
Yar'adua is an idiot!
So he's there lamenting heh?
What has he done about it after in two years in office? ?? . . .
May allah punish him and al-quaeda rape him!
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 07, 2009
bombsquad:

This guy dey vex for tinubu no be smal, did yout lose an election??or are you PDPna wa oh, what is ur true identity brother?

full blooded nigerian who likes some honesty and decency and hates hypocrites.
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2009
Tudór:

Yar'adua is an idiot!
So he's there lamenting heh?
What has he done about it after in two years in office? ?? . . .
May allah punish him and al-quaeda rape him!

hey hey who's calling my name there. don't take my precious name in vain. sorry for u, i won't rape him. the only person i've raped and really enjoyed it was george bush.
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by Tudor6(f): 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2009
al-qaeda:

hey hey who's calling my name there. don't take my precious name in vain. sorry for u, i won't rape him. the only person i've raped and really enjoyed it was george bush.
You had better go and RAPE yar'a mumu or else you go see my red eye!
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by Kx: 2:28pm On Jul 07, 2009
Poor Yara
All d man could do was simply lament.

People dont blame dis man pls.
Have nt u heard dat lamentation is an item in d seven point agenda?
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by akinalabi(m): 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2009
MAITEMA:

If I could turn back the hands of time, I would have remained abroad.

You still can. Get a visa and move. . .
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2009
Tudór:

You had better go and RAPE yar'a mumu or else you go see my red eye!

IF ANY BODY SHOULD BE RAPED ITS THE KING OF THE JUNGLE. HE SHOULD BE RAPED IN HIS FAT NOSE AND ELEPHANT EARS.
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by Kobojunkie: 2:34pm On Jul 07, 2009
I will not be suprised if in NO TIME at all, we hear that work has started on fixing the Oshodi-Apapa Road. Lagos state seems to be doing a good job getting the Federal Government engaged. All other states are still looting and whining.

Seems every other state in Nigeria is embroiled in Tribal WHINING, the favourite Nigerian pastime, except Lagos State. Yet, some will come on here to claim they are being oppressed in one way or the other. See my people!!
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by 2sleek2NV(m): 2:37pm On Jul 07, 2009
Pple spend over 5hrs in trafic on dat road daily. My sis took a bike frm there to v.i @ 1k so she doesnt miss an apointmnt.I tink Fashola is neglectin d road cos its a fed road.
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2009
MAITEMA:

Yes indeed, why is Lagos State waiting on a paralyzed Federal Government and a mumu-ish President to fix this road? Yet LASTMA is on this same road harassing motorists.

I have plied this road in its chaotic condition. You dont wanna be there. For someone that returned to Nigeria with hope of change, I tell you words cannot express my disgust and fury.

We are in a mess in this country and Nigerians take it as life/business as usual. No light, no roads, business is a struggle and you need XXL resilience and perseverance to survive in your business. If I could turn back the hands of time, I would have remained abroad.

Oh God of creation, guide thou our leaders right

WHICH IDIOT DECEIVED YOU INTO COMING BACK. SORRY FOR U.
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2009
he doesnt need to lament, he could just repair it.

Naija politicians na wa
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by mechris: 3:26pm On Jul 07, 2009
Did his lamentation singn immediate mobilization to commence repair works? The sad thing is that one gets to see our leaders embrace the art of craftiness and feigned concern by the day.I wonder when gas pipeline became more valuable than the citizens welfare in order of priorities.
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by kok(m): 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2009
Mallam Musa lament say Lagos state government never try pass him government even without list of writen agendas?

Instead of him to commend the wonderful work of a true leader, and gladly fix-up his (federal government) lapses, he is there lamenting!

Somebody should tell that Aboki to keep off Lagos o since he doesnt know his duty as a president!
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by Becomrich: 3:50pm On Jul 07, 2009
the New Benin republic would be ready to repair the road. So remove the yoruba, edo, delta and bayelsa state into Benin Republic. You see man. They are ready to start work on it , when you remove us.

Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by breathless(m): 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2009
This malam president is dead in all ramification. And dead men dont perform. 4 me An obj 3rd term wld have taken us a bit far. Dangote alone can fix that road. Afterall, he runs all d shows in d ports.
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by hbrednic: 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2009
b/s its insomnia,now lamention,yet no action plan.
i tire 4 we presido
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by Fhemmmy: 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2009
Finally yar'Adua is doing something.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, at least he is Lamenting.
Useless he-goat of a president
Re: Yar’Adua Laments Oshodi-Apapa Road Collapse by sley4life(m): 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2009
Yar adu shuld shut up. What has he done to lagos-ibadan,lag- abeokuta shag-ore, ore-ben,onitsha road. Those are fed road He is complaining& wont do anything

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'If CBN Guv Was Zoned To S/West, Sanusi Would Have Made Top 3 Candidates' Jarus / 2011: So Begins The Fall Of The ACN In The Southwest! / UN House Bombing Was To Frustrate GEJ - CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.