Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC (1011 Views)

Militants Shoot As Soldiers Look On In Delta As Crowd Jubilate (Video) / Akpabio Suffers Setback In Bid To Retain Senate Seat / Tension In Niger-Delta As Tompolo Resuscitates MEND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by Nobody: 5:25am On Feb 15, 2016
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP,
in Delta State has suffered a setback following
the defection of over 300 of its members in
Aniocha North Local Government Area of the
state to All Progressives Congress, APC.

defectors, Mr. Dada Ogoli-Egbune, a former
chieftain of the party in the state, said: “Our
decision to leave the PDP is because after
the party suffered terminal illness at the last
general election, it has refused to reform.
“I have always hoped that we could help PDP
to reform itself but that has not happened.

The more we try, the more it seems that the
party is terminally ill. So, it came to a point
that I think that what is best for me and my
people, and what is best for Nigeria, is being
in APC which has actually appeared to be
charting a path for Nigeria. Although it is slow,
I think Nigeria is on the path of progress.

“It is not easy, we must realize that for 16
years the PDP almost destroyed this country
and people did not say anything. The
government is just taking off. For the first
time there is fear in the land, the issue of
impunity is no longer there. People are no
longer as bold as they were to indulge in
corrupt practices."

“There is now purposeful leadership, it is no
longer business as usual. Although they can
do more, but by and large there is purposeful
leadership,” he said.

Receiving the decampees, the Chairman of
the APC in ward four, Aniocha North, Mr
Jerome Azike, said, he was happy to receive
the decampees, adding “It shows the wind of
change is already blowing.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/pdp-suffers-setback-in-delta-as-over-300-defect-to-apc/

lalasticlala seun mynd44

Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 15, 2016
pdp ppl sha.......
Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by Flexherbal(m): 5:28am On Feb 15, 2016
Anybody that can not defend his house is not fit to be a Man

1 Like

Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by opalu: 5:29am On Feb 15, 2016
I tire for these kinds of news
Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by DesChyko: 5:31am On Feb 15, 2016
Hahahaha.. 300 is a setback?
It's only if you haven't lived in Delta that you'll believe this crap.
Even 400,000 defectors is no setback. Although that isn't possible.
Don't know the reason, but the locals there REALLY HATE APC grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by Khd95(m): 5:35am On Feb 15, 2016
300 sumall lasad
if to say na oga lai cast dis news,im for add two mopre zerosgrin

iam not the one dat said that ooo,na my hand type amembarassedcry
Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by chriskosherbal(m): 5:45am On Feb 15, 2016
Let them re-strategies
Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by praxisnetworks: 5:48am On Feb 15, 2016
They need to eat.
Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by Nobody: 6:35am On Feb 15, 2016
Hmmm, Politicians!!!!

Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 15, 2016
abuayman:
Hmmm, Politicians!!!!
Lol....u pics tho
Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by peacengine(m): 7:05am On Feb 15, 2016
What is the population of Delta state? 300 is not what you call a setback
Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by id911(m): 7:30am On Feb 15, 2016
Hahahahaha... plenty people dey always defect on Nairaland but when you go to delta, those that defect no reach one

1 Like

Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by Tinubutoto: 7:32am On Feb 15, 2016
Op. stop disturbing yo zombie brain cells, apc can never, I repeat never win governorship election or even senatorial election in Delta state.

1 Like

Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by comos: 8:21am On Feb 15, 2016
even if PDP fielded an empty seat in delta state, they will still defeat APC
Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 15, 2016
comos:
even if PDP fielded an empty seat in delta state, they will still defeat APC
^^ Told them cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 15, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by Opinedecandid(m): 9:15am On Feb 15, 2016
Wow!

Stress the fact that this happened after election, swearing in, and affirmation of the PDP governorship victory at the Supreme Court.

What a news!
Re: PDP Suffers Setback In Delta, As Over 300 Defect To APC by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
Opinedecandid:
Wow!

Stress the fact that this happened after election, swearing in, and affirmation of the PDP governorship victory at the Supreme Court.

What a news!
hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Pictures From Ongoing Reconstruction Of Jebba-mokwa Road / Kogi State Governor Appoints NAFDAC Deputy Director As SSG / PHOTOS: 68yr Old Woman Battered By Her 79yr Old Husband In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.