Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Solve D Crisis, Fight For Ur Right - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Solve D Crisis, Fight For Ur Right (711 Views)

More British Muslims Fight For ISIS Than UK... / Us Wont Sent Army To Fight For Israel If She Attack Iran Uniliterally - Obama / The Ivory Coast Crisis - Another Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Solve D Crisis, Fight For Ur Right by xxxinchdep: 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2009
a failed society created created a disorganized government.
i just got back from nija, i cant believe what a hell in a hole the country is turning out to be. no hope for the future, system all broken, most people want to leave the country. however, behind the facades of destruction,i see the vision, the bright future. that even though the leaders have failed the people. the people can still work their way out of depression.
the reason nigeria has failed is because of the societal mentality we all have created. the big boiiiiiiii idea, that u have to be rich by all means. secondly the present day youth generation have not being taken care of, lastly, the weak run away from their problem rather than fight it out even if it cost one his or her life. let it be know u fought for justice.
after the civil war, under the military regime most people move to the urban areas from villages. just like me - my people moved to lagos festac. with just big dreams and ready to take the world. very few people could boast of having a degree. the government cared gave them houses, at a cheaper rates. jobs, etc it worked right. (what the white man made.) our power craving destroyed it. over 15years. i remember those days in festac we actually pick fishes in the sewer now considered gutters. or the phones at every block entrance. or even the serenity. clean water constant light a societz that works. the police men had pride in what they did and they were paid well. there was no reason to pollute our air with generator because someone is making money out of the petrol and generator we buy.
demographically,lagos has more older folks than younger ones below 33,they are not going back and they have friends in lagos. they got use to the urban african life. there is very little hope for the youth who are the ones who provide or will security. and continue the great nation.the moment politicans start seeking the interest of the babies and kids that is when people will see the changes in the goverment.most politicians and the governors are not just corrupt but useless. if they dont understand the role of the government for the people.the confrontation between the youths and the olders ones.it is like a tinking bomb that will soon explode. how long can u hold the war in the delta. how long can a man see his child die in his hands because of hunger,how long can we be suffering and crying. the truth about it is that the youth are the ones protecting the rich and the rich have being in politics for long without no major impact. the obansanjos and babaginda. it is not about tribe. they have failed and they know that. and this fair opportunity can be seen in every aspect of nigeria even sport. the older ones who had the opportunity should step down for the youngers ones. it is their time KANU.
leaving nigeria is never the solution, we all who have gone oversea can testify. it is not that rosey. the only difference is that they give us opportunity to survive and often times give us respect than people in our own country. the society the influencial politician created in nigeria is to trick us to leave the country so they can benefit from the oil money send their kids to the best school oversea. abuse our kids. make us believe that is is only by illicit act that we can make it. trust me most who stay in nigeria cant compete overseas.most problem in nigeria can be rectified even a dumb person can easily analyse it and fix it. or else u guys the older ones who we protect is heading for serious problem a war or revolution. many people want to come back home. and give back but how can they. when the government do not want to promote the idea of coming back home. to give back to the society. other countries offered us alot. nigeria has money. i have being every where. and i know there is money. but greed and stupidity make the ignorant leaders push us back to slavery. THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE LEAVE NIGERIA IS BECAUSE OF MORE OPPORTUNITY THAN OUR COUNTRY WHO STILL BELIEVE IN ENSLAVING US
i can tell u three things than can definitely be fixed easily but enslaving our own people is a pride to the goverment.
1. light the cost of owning a generator is about 12 to n14 thousand downpayment for my light bill oversea
secondly the daily cost to put petrol daily in it cost about a whooping n 2000 or more tell if the cost of leaving in usa, uk, germany or any where is that expensive for light. but it continues because someone is gaining too much money it can be fixed people will rather pay that money to get light daily. but no body cares a governor does one piece of little event and wants every one to praise him. gov of lagos is a fool.
talk about security
it is appauliing that the police has to harrass people daily to feed. govt should ask or monitor how much they make daily from standing in the street and increase their pay and ensure the bus drivers or taxis pay for it. they pay regardless, but accountablity should be enforced. police should be accountable for their actions.also watch for the unforseen circumstance like bus price hike. that is when the government step in a nd create ,more cheap buses for poor people. this is very possible. most of the people running our country see how it works oversea but are ignorant to their people because they are weak. can u guys sustain the on going social problem.
lastly road. from my own point of view nija roaad s are ridiculous because the government failed. so many unemployed graduates trust me if u ready to pay them tangible amount they will work for any thing just give them hope u can employ youths to fix the roads. they are a big mess. a nd fix it right with traffic lights working warning signs and lanes intact. then impose a new law that demand everyone should go to driving schhools no one should be excluded. and the bikers should go to inner city. insurance sector should work. any car in the road should be towed if it is not parked right. no car driving with smoking exhaust. above all a time limit should be set like 2 years and other stuff like a train station or big government buses should run. for the poor. it is not a must to drive a car. people just have to go to car. and clean the mess. to many cars in the roads so make it a social class issue but create opportunity for the poor.
Re: Solve D Crisis, Fight For Ur Right by pappyn: 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2009
those who believe America as a democratic nation watch this please http://www.documentarywire.com/obama-and-the-global-elite

(1) (Reply)

Kudos! / South Africa's Role In The Nigerian Elections / Black Africans Forget About Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.