Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna (22987 Views)

Pupils Being Fed On Pieces Of Paper In Kano - #School Feeding Programme (Video) / School Feeding Program In Niger State: See What Pupils Were Fed / FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Timijo(m): 9:58am On Feb 15, 2016
The part that says more classroom blocks are been built and renovation is taken place is a lie.
You need to visit these schools in kaduna and see their bad conditions. Schools without Windows, doors, and desks. There are no teaching materials including chalks.
In fact, I can't advise my enemy to take his children to government schools in kaduna.

1 Like

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by gerrardomendes(m): 9:58am On Feb 15, 2016
okada drop me here....keep d "CHANGE"
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Alhkerimu(m): 9:59am On Feb 15, 2016
SMALL MAN WITH HEIGHT AMBITION. THANK FOR YOUR WORK SIR.
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by anidan(m): 9:59am On Feb 15, 2016
As long as d govt can sustain it then dere's no problem
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by T4kbaba(m): 9:59am On Feb 15, 2016
drss:
d most useless gov in d zoo.
When will you get your sense back?
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by bajeen(m): 10:05am On Feb 15, 2016
I supported the school feeding program right from the outstart. I believed it'll boost enrollment and will lure those defiant parents to start sending their kids to school. But, when I now dissect it from an expenditure point of view, I now see it as a non-priority. It is said that 50 Naira is spent for 1.5 million, this amounts to about 70 million daily. What Kaduna has as primary schools, are mostly derelict and ramshackle structures not fit for taking lessons. I am aware that the Gov has awarded renovation contracts for schools that are in need of serious intervention. But just imagine if this 70 million spent daily is channelled towards building new classrooms/schools, I believe it would have been more worthwhile.
BTW, Elrufai is still my best governor, across board. He's someone who sticks to his principles and implements his policies not caring whose ox is gored. I am optimistic that Kaduna(and Nigeria at large) will be great once again and forever.

2 Likes

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by bajeen(m): 10:09am On Feb 15, 2016
Timijo:
The part that says more classroom blocks are been built and renovation is taken place is a lie.
You need to visit these schools in kaduna and see their bad conditions. Schools without Windows, doors, and desks. There are no teaching materials including chalks.
In fact, I can't advise my enemy to take his children to government schools in kaduna.
Mr man, why are you denying reality na? I've seen schools being renovated in Zaria. Have you cared to check schools around you, or you just decided to generalise? Dearth of infrastructure doesn't mean we shouldn't appreciate what's on ground.
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by repogirl(f): 10:12am On Feb 15, 2016
Giving children food is not really a bad idea, its just that Nigerians abuse everything.

Many of these children barely eat even once a day as their parents are so poor. Their eyes are yellowed and hair dirty brown because of malnourishment.

I think it's a good idea on the governors part but is it sustainable?

1 Like

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by just2okworld(f): 10:14am On Feb 15, 2016
Nice one
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Siberia101: 10:14am On Feb 15, 2016
Elosky20:
no. in benue state
Nativity?
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Onegai(f): 10:18am On Feb 15, 2016
bajeen:
I supported the school feeding program right from the outstart. I believed it'll boost enrollment and will lure those defiant parents to start sending their kids to school. But, when I now dissect it from an expenditure point of view, I now see it as a non-priority. It is said that 50 Naira is spent for 1.5 million, this amounts to about 70 million daily. What Kaduna has as primary schools, are mostly derelict and ramshackle structures not fit for taking lessons. I am aware that the Gov has awarded renovation contracts for schools that are in need of serious intervention. But just imagine if this 70 million spent daily is channelled towards building new classrooms/schools, I believe it would have been more worthwhile.
BTW, Elrufai is still my best governor, across board. He's someone who sticks to his principles and implements his policies not caring whose ox is gored. I am optimistic that Kaduna(and Nigeria at large) will be great once again and forever.

If they had built pretty classrooms, they would stand empty because hungry kids won't stay in them. It's not the pretty of the classroom Nigeria needs, it's the quality of education that needs to improve. Feed first, then retrain teachers and upgrade State ministry of Education. Encourage new topics and methods for teaching (our Nigerian teachers are beyond lousy in imparting knowledge). Even developed countries offer a schoolfeeding program (e.g. U.K.).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Blackfire(m): 10:19am On Feb 15, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
The last time Osun state fed school children they ended up having 40million naira as their allocation

... Now that is a punch line with truth.
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Viktor1983(m): 10:19am On Feb 15, 2016
If elrufai likes let him serve chicken and chips... Who no know book, no go know book.
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by oieda: 10:20am On Feb 15, 2016
sambisaman:

-
https://www.naij.com/730388-amazing-read-el-rufais-school-feeding-programme-causing-kaduna.html/feed/atom

So they went to a cobler in a market to get updates on the availabilty of books and buildings? He says that buildings are coming up? Abeg!

The school feeding program is feeding the masses but is in NO WAY contributing to better education. The schools are still in a bad state, teachers are not being paid, infrastructure is not provide for, books are not available, some of these schools do not even have chairs for the students, the students at senior secondary level can't even converse in English properly.

I somewhat feel the governor is just trying to win the masses over. That's all! The teachers are not paid to go home and feed their children, yet the government is feeding the pupils they are teaching.

To every parent, it is like a trade of. Pick a school that will give your child good education or pick the other that will feed the child free.
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by oieda: 10:23am On Feb 15, 2016
Onegai:

. . . Feed first, then retrain teachers and upgrade State ministry of Education.

Just see what you are saying. Are parents to send their children/wards to school to eat or to be educated?? It is just misplaced priority.

1 Like

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Onegai(f): 10:34am On Feb 15, 2016
oieda:

Just see what you are saying. Are parents to send their children/wards to school to eat or to be educated?? It is just misplaced priority.

You speak from lack of knowledge. If you like, build the best, most beautiful school. in the world and fill it up with hungry kids and expect them to stay in class, starving. Even university students come here to NL to use their time to beg for funds to feed and pay schoolfees rather than browse their coursework, how much more primary school kids (the most important sector of Education).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Nelkoko: 10:38am On Feb 15, 2016
Y interview just 2 parents n don kids n draw assumptions from dey.
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Nicepoker(m): 10:41am On Feb 15, 2016
AsianTotal:

Some have food but cannot eat, Some can eat but have no food, We have food and we can eat, Glory be to you oh lord. Oh God Bless This Food For Christ Sake Amen!

Did you by any chance attended nursery school in Benin City?
a song that is used in almost all boarding schools in the country.
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by bajeen(m): 10:46am On Feb 15, 2016
Onegai:

If they had built pretty classrooms, they would stand empty because hungry kids won't stay in them. It's not the pretty of the classroom Nigeria needs, it's the quality of education that needs to improve. Feed first, then retrain teachers and upgrade State ministry of Education. Encourage new topics and methods for teaching (our Nigerian teachers are beyond lousy in imparting knowledge). Even developed countries offer a schoolfeeding program (e.g. U.K.).
I partly concur to your submission. Get me right pls, I am not being pessimistic, but am just looking at the sustainability of the program. If it was during oil glut days, when we had lots of money, it would have worked. But with the current economic quagmire, where govts struggle hard to even pay salaries, it will be difficult nay mispriority to continue the plan in the long run.
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 15, 2016
MzPecs:

Celebrating mediocrity! undecided undecided

They're eating food in school without textbooks, don't tell me these schools have been turned to an eatery. grin grin grin

must you wailer? spit!!!
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by poseidon12: 10:55am On Feb 15, 2016
Commendable. Other states should emulate the governor. Proper feeding is very important for everyone.
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Nicepoker(m): 10:55am On Feb 15, 2016
He should ask aregbe of osun. State how the thing de be.

1 Like

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by MzPecs(f): 10:59am On Feb 15, 2016
udeagbalaC:
must you wailer? spit!!!
Oga compose yourself before you mention me next time! cool

1 Like

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by lonelyisland(m): 11:04am On Feb 15, 2016
AsianTotal:

Some have food but cannot eat, Some can eat but have no food, We have food and we can eat, Glory be to you oh lord. Oh God Bless This Food For Christ Sake Amen!

Did you by any chance attended nursery school in Benin City?
That song is sang in almost every state in Nigeria. My primary school education was in Anambra state and we sang the song here
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Timijo(m): 11:07am On Feb 15, 2016
bajeen:

Mr man, why are you denying reality na? I've seen schools being renovated in Zaria. Have you cared to check schools around you, or you just decided to generalise? Dearth of infrastructure doesn't mean we shouldn't appreciate what's on ground.
It might be there in Zaria but not in kaduna. In fact, the free meal program is another avenue to loot money.
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 15, 2016
I hope they won't see it as a reason to breed uncontrollably?
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Teddeebear: 11:15am On Feb 15, 2016
lies and lies,

let naij.com post video of the people they interviewed, this news is doctored, the headline alone exposes it
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by MsSantaClaus(f): 11:22am On Feb 15, 2016
MzPecs:

Celebrating mediocrity! undecided undecided

They're eating food in school without textbooks, don't tell me these schools have been turned to an eatery. grin grin grin

What do they need text books for in Primary School? In most UK schools they dont use text books at that level, only reading books which belong to the school , but free school lunches is a must as they want to make sure of proper brain development at that age, hungry kids cant concentrate on learning.So its a great initiative! Long may it continue
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by yjgm(m): 11:36am On Feb 15, 2016
Mynd44:
The goals of he school feeding program goes beyond he students (and parents) who are the target recipient but also an economic drive.

Each school has someone preparing the food, that person will buy firewood, employ people to cook and serve, buy foodstuff from the local market etc.

This in its own will ensure that funds trickle down to people and employment is generated.

I just hope they ensure that they plan the funding well to avoid running into snags in the end
Same thought here.
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 15, 2016
Good. Important part of helping fulfill Millennium Development Goals.

Caveat: Make sure it does not become an avenue to scam the state. Make sure Kaduna state does not end up like Osun state.

That's how the rascal started.
Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by Lilimax(f): 12:23pm On Feb 15, 2016
lonelydora:
Is food our problem in Nigeria? Ranging from killing various animals which ends up in the pot to feeding the children in the school. Well, we dey watch.
#justthinking
Abio! I hope they won't end up cooking rotten tomatoes, meat and finish for this children.
Where are the food inspectors to inspect what goes into the pot?
My kids will never eat such food embarassed

1 Like

Re: What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna by princejenks(m): 12:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
Mynd44:
The goals of he school feeding program goes beyond he students (and parents) who are the target recipient but also an economic drive.

Each school has someone preparing the food, that person will buy firewood, employ people to cook and serve, buy foodstuff from the local market etc.

This in its own will ensure that funds trickle down to people and employment is generated.

I just hope they ensure that they plan the funding well to avoid running into snags in the end
i beg to disagree on it having a trickle effect on the majority of people in the kaduna. At best,its just another way of milking the state's scarce resources by a few who get the contract to cook these meals at inflated rates. The money would have been better utilized empowering the parents directly through soft loans or conducive business environment rather than handouts. Its only a matter of time b4 kaduna goes broke and joins the bandwagon of other states seeking another bailout funds. We keep borrowing to consume in this country rather than to produce,the reason we are where we are economically.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Perewari Victor Pere Graduates With 1st Class From Lincoln University / Nairaland Interschool Debate Third Edition Participation Thread... / Ayatu Momoh: Federal Poly Offa Lecturer Slumps And Dies In Kwara (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.