Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,965 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Henry: Why Did No Man City Players Celebrate With Iheanacho? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Henry: Why Did No Man City Players Celebrate With Iheanacho? (622 Views)

Sweden 0-2 England: Marcus Rashford In Tears, Players Celebrate (Photos) / Mourinho Had Milk And Water Thrown At Him As Man City Players Celebrate (PICS) / Alex Iwobi Shares Photo With Iheanacho On Twitter After Eagles Win, Fans React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Henry: Why Did No Man City Players Celebrate With Iheanacho? by molydonhenry(m): 11:04am On Feb 15, 2016
The former Arsenal striker found it "weird" that the
Nigerian's team-mates were muted in their reaction to his equalising goal in their 2-1 defeat against Tottenham on Sunday

Thierry Henry has questioned the togetherness within the Manchester City squad by pointing out the lack of a celebration after Kelechi Iheanacho's equalising goal against Tottenham. The Nigerian forward cancelled out Harry Kane's second-half penalty but Christian Eriksen scored a late winning goal for Spurs to earn the visitors a crucial three points.

The defeat sees City remain six points behind
Premier League leaders Leicester City and Henry
believes the muted way in which Manuel Pellegrini's
players reacted to drawing level was telling. "I know you have to go and get the ball back [to ensure a quick restart with the score level at 1-1 at the time] but no one went to celebrate with Iheanacho," Henry told Sky Sports.
"That's something that, I don't know… you scored a goal, go and celebrate with the guy. 'Let's go, get the ball back'. No one went to celebrate with him. He was in the corner there. "I think Vincent Kompany went with him and someone else but that's it. Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines about that Man City team, but no one went to celebrate with him, that's a bit
weird."

Re: Henry: Why Did No Man City Players Celebrate With Iheanacho? by Emmatdayo(m): 11:26am On Feb 15, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Congratulates New Super Eagles Captain, Mikel. / WWE Legend Chyna Found Dead In Her Home At Age 46 / Today,i Can’t Count N5,000 Of My Own– Former Super Eagles Striker FEMI Opabunmi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.