Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:26 AM

Star Wars Actor John Boyega Wins Rising Star Award At The Baftas - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Star Wars Actor John Boyega Wins Rising Star Award At The Baftas (579 Views)

John Boyega Wears Nigerian Jersey: When I Wear This Top I Become An Amala Eater / John Boyega Kissing Genevieve Nnaji (Photo) / John Boyega And His New Girlfriend Step Out Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Star Wars Actor John Boyega Wins Rising Star Award At The Baftas by SirShymexx: 1:34pm On Feb 15, 2016

He went from unknown actor to superstar-in-the-making thanks to his leading role in Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens.

And John Boyega cemented his place in the film industry on Sunday as he picked up the EE Rising Star award at the glitzy BAFTAs.

The 23-year-old beamed with delight as he beat out competition from more established stars including 50 Shades of Grey's Dakota Johnson and Brie Larson, who was named Best Actress at the prizegiving for her turn in Room.

Other nominees included Taron Egerton and Bel Powley.

Taking to the stage, he said: 'First and foremost I want to thank God for this moment.

'Guys, I haven't been doing this for a long time, it's a fluke! I'm gonna share this award with all the young dreamers who are determined, who are hard working, who are quite frankly amazing. This is also for you. Blessings for your path and God bless.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3447038/John-Boyega-wins-EE-Rising-Star-award-BAFTAs.html
Re: Star Wars Actor John Boyega Wins Rising Star Award At The Baftas by SirShymexx: 1:35pm On Feb 15, 2016
Salute to the North Peckham estate rider and don!

Proud of you, bruddah.
Re: Star Wars Actor John Boyega Wins Rising Star Award At The Baftas by INTROVERT(f): 1:37pm On Feb 15, 2016
I knew he would... Hes so adorable kiss
Re: Star Wars Actor John Boyega Wins Rising Star Award At The Baftas by midehi2(f): 1:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
he deserves it
Re: Star Wars Actor John Boyega Wins Rising Star Award At The Baftas by Mologi(m): 1:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
Congratulobia
Re: Star Wars Actor John Boyega Wins Rising Star Award At The Baftas by dayleke: 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2016
Doesn't he look like a younger version of Denzel Washington ?
Re: Star Wars Actor John Boyega Wins Rising Star Award At The Baftas by nerodenero: 8:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
Imagine the letter "G" before boyega, the "whites" would just swallow their tongue in a bid to pronounce "Gboyega" grin grin
Re: Star Wars Actor John Boyega Wins Rising Star Award At The Baftas by cruzita(f): 8:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
hats off brother, this is just the beginning, more are coming.

(1) (Reply)

Payporte Signs Olajumoke As The Campaign Face Of Their Brand For 2016 / See Where An African Migrant Was Caught Hiding [photo] / Chrystabel Goddy Who Bit Colleague Princess Chineke Suspended 4rm Acting By AGN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.