Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Massob Are On Government Payroll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massob Are On Government Payroll (5762 Views)

FG Removes 23,846 Ghost Workers From Government Payroll / Civil Servants Under Government's Payroll To Get October Salaries Today - FG / Akpabio Commends Uduaghan On Government House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massob Are On Government Payroll by bilymuse: 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2009
Suspected MASSOB members attack Obi
From Uzoma Nzeagwu, Awka

A MOST bizarre breach of security and decorum was recorded at the weekend in Ngwo, Enugu State where suspected members of the Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) hounded Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi, one of whom successfully gave the governor a knock on the head.

The daring assault occurred at the residence of the late former governor of old Anambra State, Chief C. C. Onoh, where the Ibo cr�me-de-la- cr�me gathered to pay their last respects to the departed elder statesman.

However, a possible bloodbath was averted by Obi who swiftly called his security details to order as the latter made to cut down the MASSOB mob in a hail of bullets.

Obi, alongside other South-East governors, had already paid his last respect to Onoh on Thursday, July, 2 but on the invitation of Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, the governor accompanied the ex-Biafran warlord on a condolence visit to the Onoh Family, who are his in-laws. Chief Onoh was the father of Ojukwu's wife, Bianca.

According to the Special Assistant to the governor on Media And Publicity, Valentine Obienyem, trouble started when MASSOB members allegedly led by their leader, Raphael Uwazurike, sited Obi coming. They reportedly started shouting: "We must kill you and your family; we must send you back to the UK."

Obienyem said at the scene, the governor sat at a different area from Mr. Emeka Etiaba and Uwazurike. He said Odumegwu-Ojukwu later invited Obi to join him where he was seated. As the governor moved to oblige Odumegwu-Ojukwu, some MASSOB members accosted him, saying he had refused to identify with them and hence was not a Biafran.

"It came to a climax when one of them knocked the governor on the head. The security men attached to the governor were already ready to shoot but Obi calmed them down," Obienyem noted.

A visibly angry Odumegwu-Ojukwu ordered the MASSOB out of the gathering and brought the situation under control.

Speaking with reporters on the incident, 'Major' Anayo Chukwunonso, who claimed to be a leader of the MASSOB militia, said the organisation was unhappy with Governor Obi for allegedly stopping the monthly payment made to them by previous governments in the state.

However, he added that since Obi had refused to work with MASSOB, "others who are sympathetic to our cause are enjoying our services."

He queried why Obi would not pay MASSOB militia when his colleagues allegedly still do.

Chukwunonso also accused Obi of giving orders to the police to kill some Biafrans under the guise of restoring sanity to the state.

On assuming office, Obi outlawed all militia groups in the state, including the MASSOB and Bakassi Boys, among others.

However, rumours have it that these banned associations are currently regrouping in Anambra State, preparatory to the 2010 governorship election.

Source: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article03//indexn2_html?pdate=070709&ptitle=Suspected%20MASSOB%20members%20attack%20Obi
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by bilymuse: 4:50pm On Jul 07, 2009
[size=15pt]"Speaking with reporters on the incident, 'Major' Anayo Chukwunonso, who claimed to be a leader of the MASSOB militia, said the organisation was unhappy with Governor Obi for allegedly stopping the monthly payment made to them by previous governments in the state."[/size]

very interesting
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 07, 2009
Thats goes a long way to showing you and other nigerians that MASSOB does have the power, influence and support even from top government officials from the south east.
If you travel down east, take your time to count national flags flying freely along the roads and other landed properties; be it government or privately owned. I can guarantee you that Biafran flags outnumbers that of Nigeria's.

My candid advise to the FG is to take urgent steps to address the real issues resulting to this movement of which an unbiased constitutional review will be the first.

What a sad and deplorable situation we have allowed ourselves get into.
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by Afaukwu: 5:06pm On Jul 07, 2009
Billymuse

Previous govt is not current govt. Do you understand what you are reading?

MEND is in govt payroll
OPC is in govt payroll
Arewa is in govt payroll
Almajiris are in govt payroll
Massob was in govt payroll
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by ScanLess: 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2009
grin grin LOL MASSOB was in govt payroll grin
Bilymumu, but you should have known that long time ago grin grin
so you see when i call you an ignoramus is not an insult but only a statement of fact.
but come on, bily don't deceive your self we dont know about you, you are also on FG payroll , he he he he grin grin grin grin
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by Chiddysville(m): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2009
Bily-goat you're really funny.
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by bilymuse: 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2009
Afaukwu
Billymuse

Previous govt is not current govt. Do you understand what you are reading?

MEND is in govt payroll
OPC is in govt payroll
Arewa is in govt payroll
Almajiris are in govt payroll
Massob was in govt payroll

All the above group are not advocating for the break up of Nigeria, except massob. The government of Igbo states are committing serious treason backing a known militia group who want to break up Nigeria.

All  Eastern state governors should be investigated and prosecuted if found to be collaborating with massob.
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by bilymuse: 9:00pm On Jul 09, 2009
[size=15pt] PROJECT MASSOB[/size]

Massob was a scam hatched by that coward Ojukwu and fronted by that magomago lawyer who called himself Uwazuruike, to cornerd the security votes of eastern state. The idea was to stir up tribal sentiment among the Igbo people and provide a platform through which their frustration could be channelled. What they did was to gathered together some unemployed youths and spice it with some political naive graduates, and make some empty noise claiming to be the soul of the Igbo.

Ojukwu is too selfish to care about anybody, he has strategically position himself and pulling the string on massob activities; while the magomago lawyer is left to do the paper work.The attack on Governor Obi for allegedly stopping the monthly payment made to them by previous governments, finally confirmed what mossob was all about: a scam to defraud state government of developmental fund. Governor Obi was able to see the truth: massob was a scam, its activities was worthless and of no benefit to Igbo people.

If Igbo people are unable to see any meaningful development in the south east, they should ask the scam master Ojukwu and the magomago lawyer. They are responsible for diverting money meant for developmental project, through massob into their private pockets
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by Kobojunkie: 12:40am On Jul 10, 2009
nuzo:

Thats goes a long way to showing you and other nigerians that MASSOB does have the power, influence and support even from top government officials from the south east.
If you travel down east, take your time to count national flags flying freely along the roads and other landed properties; be it government or privately owned. I can guarantee you that Biafran flags outnumbers that of Nigeria's.

My candid advise to the FG is to take urgent steps to address the real issues resulting to this movement of which an unbiased constitutional review will be the first.

What a sad and deplorable situation we have allowed ourselves get into.

Power?? COME ON!! Can't you see what is eating us all here??

These people are EATING OF THE MONEY supposed to go to the people. They even go as far as to BULLY the government when it decides to cut such funds and you tell us that is power? What sort of power?
One can at this point wonder how much money has gone to this group, who authorized it in the first place and what they have done with the money all this time. I can only imagine at this point what sought of causes PUBLIC money has been used to fund and continue to be used for by these groups.
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by davidif: 4:08am On Jul 10, 2009
"Speaking with reporters on the incident, 'Major' Anayo Chukwunonso, who claimed to be a leader of the MASSOB militia, said the organisation was unhappy with Governor Obi for allegedly stopping the monthly payment made to them by previous governments in the state."

chai, this country don tire person o.
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by ScanLess: 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2009
bilygoat you are a disease, what is that thing you posted up there with the heading massob project , i couldn't even read it , dont you ever get tired of recycling shiit in your mouth?, pls go and look for work , when i look at your post i just see a refuse dump dancing around on the screen aww ! yuk !!!
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by bilymuse: 10:56am On Jul 11, 2009
"Speaking with reporters on the incident, 'Major' Anayo Chukwunonso, who claimed to be a leader of the MASSOB militia, said the organisation was unhappy with Governor Obi for allegedly stopping the monthly payment made to them by previous governments in the state."

Questions that are begging for answers:

How long was the former governor before Obi, supporting massob and how much did he paid them?

Is there other Igbo governors who supported massob in the past and what is the financial cost?

Are there other Governors presently  supporting massob?

Are there other Governors presently paying massob?
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by devimcy: 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2009
Billy Muse or what do you call urself

you are the biggest foool on earth

you call OJUKWU a coward

YOu are the biggest IGNORAMUS on earth

my problem with most of u is that you don't understand english

please don't repeat such.

Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by sley4life(m): 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2009
bilymuse:

[size=15pt]  PROJECT MASSOB[/size]

Massob was a scam hatched by that coward Ojukwu and fronted by that magomago lawyer who called himself Uwazuruike, to cornerd the security votes of eastern state. The idea was to stir up tribal sentiment among the Igbo people and provide a platform through which their frustration could be channelled. What they did was to gathered together some unemployed youths and spice it with some political naive graduates, and make some empty noise claiming to be the soul of the Igbo.

Ojukwu is too selfish to care about anybody, he has strategically position himself and pulling the string on massob activities; while the magomago lawyer is left to do the paper work.The attack on  Governor Obi for allegedly stopping the monthly payment made to them by previous governments, finally confirmed what mossob was all about: a scam to defraud state government of developmental fund. Governor Obi was able to see the truth: massob was a scam, its activities was worthless and of no benefit to Igbo people.

If Igbo people are unable to see any meaningful development in the south east, they should ask the scam master Ojukwu and the magomago lawyer. They are responsible for diverting money meant for developmental project, through massob into their private pockets

Kip shut billy the goat else u'll rcv a knock on your head
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by alfchye(m): 3:16pm On Jul 11, 2009
Ibo or Igbo.

I don't think they know what they want.I do not see any sense in knocking a governor.This is not the way they should go about it.Sumday they will knock their parent at home.
Afterall Ibo boys and girls have no respect.
The MASSOB has been the greatest mistake the Ibo people made and are still making.

I pity for the poor people killing themselves for con artist in dusguise.Let them face reallity and work for their own life.
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by fayahsoul: 3:31pm On Jul 11, 2009
Massob is a group that claims to represent biafrans but biafrans are not Massob.

Massob speaks for and represents the interest of only the leaders of that organizaton.

Biafrans are self-determined people with one goal who don't empower any group to speak or represent them. The people are the resistance while groups, organizations and cliques are just tools that aid resistance positively if they embodied of true biafrans.

Anyone can form a clique that claims to support biafra. Massob is just the name of one of many possible organizations. Some think they are biafrans but they are not. You identify biafrans by their ideology and action not name of clique. The igbo elite definitely benefit from the political upheaval.

Nonetheless, if you are not igbo then don't cry more than the bereaved. Ndiigbo will deal with their own problems in their own way. Mind your business and deal with your own s**t.

The wicked amongst ndiigbo will be called to justice by ndiigbo.

asili bakaute
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by asha80(m): 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2009
alfchye:

Ibo or Igbo.

I don't think they know what they want.I do not see any sense in knocking a governor.This is not the way they should go about it.Sumday they will knock their parent at home.
Afterall Ibo boys and girls have no respect.
The MASSOB has been the greatest mistake the Ibo people made and are still making.

I pity for the poor people killing themselves for con artist in dusguise[b].Let them face reallity and work for their own life.
[/b]

No they have not been working on their life.They have been waiting for government for handouts.igbos do not give the foolish respect most other ethnic groups show in nigeria.
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by Onlytruth(m): 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2009
@Bilymuse and other people claiming MASSOB is a fraud. Keep dreaming,

This development caught my eyes on yahoo news.

People shout slogans and wave flags as they wait for the arrival of U.S. President Barack Obama outside Kotoka International Airport in Ghana July 10, 2009.
REUTERS/Luc Gnago (GHANA POLITICS)

MASSOB is receiving Obama in Ghana! As they promised!
My concern is that Nigeria is NOT taking MASSOB seriously. Bullying MASSOB or arm twisting Ndigbo because of MASSOB won't stop Biafra agitation or Biafra actualization.
Only truth and justice which comes from honest negotiation and open dialogue can stop MASSOB or anyone with similar grudges against Nigeria.
Nigeria stopped speaking the truth after Awolowo spun around to support everything his conscience had earlier opposed in 1967.
If we fail to talk, I'm afraid we are headed for a split. Talking is ALWAYS cheapest.
I love Nigeria but there is just too much fraud. You have people in this forum openly defending injustice and fraud.
How can Nigeria ever move forward as one with so many tribes and peoples without conscience?
I doubt it!

Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by amarilo: 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2009
Link pls. This is interesting.
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2009
only in nigeria will a seperatist movement demand money from what in their ideology should be stooges of a hostile government

can you imagine the confederates demanding money from the US govt? or the tamil tigers?

i can't stop laughing.
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by amarilo: 7:35pm On Jul 11, 2009
Only in Nigeria that they can't have a referendum for the people to determine their faith and where they belong.
Keeping a marriage that is not working can also be seen only in Nigeria

I keep laffing
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by Onlytruth(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2009

Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by manny4life(m): 9:19pm On Jul 11, 2009
bilymuse:

Afaukwu
All the above group are not advocating for the break up of Nigeria, except massob. The government of Igbo states are committing serious treason backing a known militia group who want to break up Nigeria.

All  Eastern state governors should be investigated and prosecuted if found to be collaborating with massob.

Although I'm not familiar with this MASSOB and Biafra stuff, anyway, I still like to voice my opinion on this ground that they are not committing Treason. Although they have not been recognized as a sovereign nation, however, this Biafra group has been acknowledged by the U.N and even by the U.S and Europe. Unless Nigerian Govt and Biafra/Massob mediate, Biafra will continue its battle. In other words, having been recongized, this govonors haven't committed any form of treason. This is a Nigerian problem that wasn't resolved properly and now it needs international assistance. Well since Nigeria is part of the U.N resolution council, I guess they have to wait for the U.N to decide what and what not is treason.
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by nex(m): 10:45pm On Jul 11, 2009
"Major" Anayo Chukwunonso? Leader of a militia that goes around knocking people? Are their bullets finished? Because I don't know why they decided to assassinate the governor by way of "conq".

Look at how this 419 Uwazurike man and his band of touts plan to cripple Anambra state. Then later they will say no development is taking place. When they have used all the state budget to print monopoly money and local passport. I'm sure it was when the governor heard about the passport that he refused to endorse any payment for that joke.

Where has it been heard that a separatist group is begging the government to allocate funds for it to realise its agenda. The government of Nigeria is really benevolent to not only tolerate such people but also provide the funding for their feeding, accommodation, travel and even the weapons to fight against the state. These people again will say there's injustice. What we have here I believe is overjustice. FARC must be real jealous.
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by sley4life(m): 10:54pm On Jul 11, 2009
massob shuld keep on their struggle
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by GeorgeD1(m): 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2009
why don't everybody just go their separate ways? then their won't be all
these agitations about biafra and what have you.
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by ifele(m): 1:31am On Jul 13, 2009
This is a serious propaganda production in here. Whats the truth now?LOL.

MASSOB cant be on gov payroll they are real Ibo nationalists. Arewa is a Nigerian gov outfit. Yes we agree to that.

OPC they are Yoruba nationalists many of them have been to prison and have been tortured by Nigerian soldiers

so can you say they are on Nigerian gov payroll.
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by bawomolo(m): 1:43am On Jul 13, 2009
a separatist group demanding payments from the government it's fighting?

umm that doesn't sound so freedom fighter like.
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by rasputinn(m): 7:44am On Jul 13, 2009
bawomolo:

a separatist group demanding payments from the government it's fighting?

umm that doesn't sound so freedom fighter like.

True
And did they have to physically assault the governor ,they're Lucky Obi doesn't have the temperament of most governors I know,or even some myopic pro-biafra nairalanders I've noticed
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by mayrho(m): 9:02am On Jul 13, 2009
in some ways mehn we need to break up and form smaller units the biafra unit would probably be the first
make we leave the people wey no wan develop dey do naija we wey read wey wan develop start our own countr(y)(ies)
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by Nezan(m): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2009
rasputinn:

True
And did they have to physically assault the governor ,they're Lucky Obi doesn't have the temperament of most governors I know,or even some myopic pro-biafra nairalanders I've noticed
grin grin grin
Re: Massob Are On Government Payroll by BigBro(m): 9:55am On Jul 13, 2009
Trusting Ndigbos again with power in this country would amount to suicide. The memories of the 1960s are still fresh with the rest of us when the Ndigbos conspired among themselves and lunched brutal attacks on eminent sons of Nigeria from the North and South West. They brutally killed eminent people like Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Sardauna of Sokoto and Akintola. The then president, Azikiwe knew about the plot and so embarked on a prolonged trip abroad with an excuse to seek medical attention. His personal doctor who was among his entourage had to leave his oga abroad becouse he was tired and was already running out of his personal esta code. Unknown to him that his oga had a hidden reason for his prolonged trip. Thank God their plot backfired and they were called back to order.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imo Security Force Launched (state Police?) / El-rufai Posted This On Facebook, See Nigerians Reply / Nationwide Commotion As 109 Senators, 360 Reps Members, Secretly Plot Buhari’s I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.