Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals (32823 Views)

Buhari Appoints Health Agencies Director-Generals / Buhari Sacks 24 Director-Generals Of Parastatals And Agencies / Buhari Sacks Director-Generals Of NTA, NBC, NOA & 3 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by mrmetoo1: 8:01am On Feb 16, 2016
quinnboy:
i think these people should be tried on life broadcast so we Nigerians can actually see n know where the story will end......

I agree... let's do the real media trial these people keep wailing about.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by OLADD: 8:03am On Feb 16, 2016
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

See the load of trash u just typed!

You are part of the problem we are talking about. People who benefitted from the greed of the past regime or corruption apologists with nothing positive to contribute to national development!
There is no defence to corruption. GEJ and PDP were the biggest problem of the country. Thank God for Buhari who has the courage to wipe them off and recover our monies.

Expected junk from a mindless PDP Crucifier! For your information, I would be the last person to support corruption in any ramification but what puts me off is the myopic, thoughtless, selective, vindictive and senseless manner you people lay all corruption blames at the doorstep of PDP. Vilifying and condemning others would not exonerate you from your own sin and this applies to you and APC jingoists here on Nairaland and elsewhere. Nigeria finds herself in this current position because of the contributions of PDP, APC, APGA, you and me. So, stop all these nonsense of attributing the national woes to Jonathan or PDP, after all, Buhari once said Abacha was not corrupt simply because he benefitted from his govt. May God judge you all.
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by ZeroTolerance: 8:03am On Feb 16, 2016
Okimski:
Wonders shall never end. All these are going on and Nigerians are suffering on a daily basis. Thanks for the new government, I hope and pray they get it right.
The new government that isn't stealing, where are they keeping aĺl the money? No one is seeing it.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by mrmetoo1: 8:03am On Feb 16, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
....*and the propaganda continues while naira. is kissing deeper into the economic mud!

Buhari....APC....collected several hundreds of Billion naira from Amaechi, fashola, Rochas, atiku, Tinubu, kwakwaso, tambuwal.. for the same 2015 poll.

So when are u arresting them with DSS n EFCC?

Please explain to us why the economy is so bad just less than a year after we had the highest oil boom ever. You answer needs to be more intelligent than Buhari won.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by sunday2012(m): 8:04am On Feb 16, 2016
Are you afraid to mention the region what region?
ionsman:
Some people will call this propaganda. .

Funny enough, majority of them are from a particular region.
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by lastpage: 8:04am On Feb 16, 2016
OLADD:

Stop that mad talk! That's how you people run your mouths like untamed patriots calling PDP this, PDP that. Was is only PDP that ruled the country for 16 years at both state and Federal levels? Many of you would never bother to talk about gigantic fraud also penetrated by APC in all the states under their control. Virtually every Nigerian is corrupt including the sycophants that vilify PDP on Nairaland but associating corruption with that party and leaving out APC is not only a sin, it shows how wicked, insincere and mischievous you people are. How come you and your ilks suddenly went mute on Fashola's N78m Website Scandal? What about N300m he spent on Borehole? I can tell you that's just a tip of frauds perpetuated in Lagos. Was Fashola a member of PDP? Accusing and jailing all PDP members in Nigeria, I can tell you for free, will not rid Nigeria of corruption.

IPOB ALERT! shocked shocked undecided undecided

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by gare(f): 8:05am On Feb 16, 2016
eyesofgod:
Sacked DG In Trouble For Blowing N200b On Poll

EFCC, ICPC to quiz ex-CEOs of agencies

why they had to go

●Donation by a woman DG of N700m to PDP’s presidential campaign in 2015
●Furnishing of an office at N800m
●Construction of a store at N240m instead of N40m
●Failure to account for revenue by a DG who diverted equipment to his private medium
●N15b found in a secret account in violation of TSA
●More than N6b debt in an agency generating at least N9b monthly
●Personal assistant remanded in prison for alleged N17m bribery but DG stayed on
●DG implicated in alleged N68b fraud

Of the 26 Directors-General and Heads of parastatals sacked yesterday, no fewer than 10 may be handed over to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission(ICPC) for investigation, a source said last night.

It was gathered that President Muhammadu Buhari opted to give some of the chief executives the push, following reports of large-scale fraud in their agencies. One allegedly spent N200 billion on last year’s Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP’s) presidential campaign.

Some of the former chief executives also awarded contracts to cronies.

The agencies under the searchlight of either the EFCC or the ICPC include National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), National Broadcasting Commission(NBC), Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN), Bureau of Public Enterprises(BPE), National Women Development Centre(NWDC); Industrial Training Fund(ITF); Nigerian Investment Promotion Council; Nigeria Export-Import Bank (NEXIM) and Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSIT), among others.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said: “At least 10 of those sacked chief executives will be handed over to the EFCC and the ICPC. The report on their misconduct is ready for these anti-graft agencies to act upon.

“All security agencies received the list of those affected about 24 hours before the formal announcement. They will all be placed on surveillance until cleared.

“Some of them have actually appeared before EFCC and ICPC in the last eight months. Their cases are under various stages of investigation.

“The revelations are mind-boggling and it is sad that some of these chief executives continued with the impunity even after a new government had taken over.”

Responding to a question, the source added: “The President bid time to get intelligence report on the atrocities, recklessness and outright graft by some of these former CEOs before sending them packing.”

The source gave an insight into some of the infractions.

He said one of the former chief executives allegedly withdrew N200 billion (using curious sub-heads) to fund the campaign of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He cited the case of how a DG was implicated in a N68 billion fraud and other illegal expenditures and loans allegedly secured without proper approval.

The source also claimed that a former female chief executive was alleged to have donated N700million to the PDP’s presidential campaign in January 2015; furnishing of an office at N800million which donor agencies can supply at no cost and the construction of a store at N240million instead of N40million.

In another instance, one of the heads of the media agencies could not account for all the advertisement cash raked in by his medium during the 2015 campaign.

Instead, about N5million was recorded as revenue from adverts during the 2015 polls.

The DG was said to have acquired a licence for an electronic medium and diverted the sophisticated equipment to the new private outfit after using public funds to procure them.

A DG of a sensitive agency was alleged to have hidden over N15billion in a secret account in violation of the extant regulations of Treasury Single Account(TSA).

One of the affected DGs presided over an agency which was generating about N9billion internally but as at the time he was sacked, he left more than N6billion debts for the agency.

Despite the remand of her Personal Assistant in prison over alleged N17million bribery, a DG waited till Monday for President Muhammadu Buhari to wield the big stick.

Besides, the award of some contracts before the inauguration of President Buhari led to the sack of some of DGs.

www.thenationonlineng.net/sacked-dg-in-trouble-for-blowing-n200b-on-poll/

APC Govt should stop all this propaganda, if they yet to conclude their investigation, they should continue, why would they not mention the name of the woman or man involve in this wicked act.

I am tired of all this media trial, they are not better than the PDP, must they link all this to 2015 elections, yet there is nothing the APC led Govt is doing, the Naira to the Dollar is falling on a daily basis, we are tired of all this news, all those APC members that called for the sack of the DGs, are they better off, we want the names of these people are they keep the information to themselves.

We Nigerians should be very careful how we go about believe stories like this, if they are sure that and certain about the information they should be able to tell us the Persons involved.

All this propaganda will not help them we already know they have nothing to offer and come 2019 they are going out, even if they come and tell us that GEJ gave $1 billion to 100 girlfriends as valentines gift.

So is this latest Revelation the cause of the nose diving and crashing economy, I will tell you NO, but it is due to lack good policy, bringing the wrong persons on board, lack of vision, not focused, they should as a matter of fact come out now with a good plan to revive this economy, all this news every day will not put food on our table, we already now as far as i am concern it is no longer news, they are all stalled news.

APC govt sit up we dont want to hear all this news, we want jobs, I am hungry as i write this, but has it put food on my table NO.
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by don4real18(m): 8:06am On Feb 16, 2016
The ban of the firing squad has actually done more harm than good.... People holding public offices no longer afraid to loot outrageous amounts.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by eph12(m): 8:06am On Feb 16, 2016
And EFCC did not deem it fit to quiz someone that drilled borehole for half a million dollar? Interesting.
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by ceejay80s(m): 8:07am On Feb 16, 2016
200b ÷ 150million nigerians = ?

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by eph12(m): 8:11am On Feb 16, 2016
mrmetoo1:

Please explain to us why the economy is so bad just less than a year after we had the highest oil boom ever. You answer needs to be more intelligent than Buhari won.
Economy is harsh now because govt is not doing anything about it. I believe they're still trying to save money for god knows what. Or haven't we been reading about how 100 trillion this and 100 billion that was saved or recovered? So tell me these money saved or recovered what have they been using it for?
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 16, 2016
[size=14pt]from the story, is like the DG is onyeka onwenu

she is the DG of National Centre for Women Development, Abuja[/size]

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by sinistermind(m): 8:12am On Feb 16, 2016
Please, how much sef was spent on PDP's campaign? All dis amounts are quite outrageous.
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by free2blast(m): 8:12am On Feb 16, 2016
OLADD:

Expected junk from a mindless PDP Crucifier! For your information, I would be the last person to support corruption in any ramification but what puts me off is the myopic, thoughtless, selective, vindictive and senseless manner you people lay all corruption blames at the doorstep of PDP. Vilifying and condemning others would not exonerate you from your own sin and this applies to you and APC jingoists here on Nairaland and elsewhere. Nigeria finds herself in this current position because of the contributions of PDP, APC, APGA, you and me. So, stop all these nonsense of attributing the national woes to Jonathan or PDP, after all, Buhari once said Abacha was not corrupt simply because he benefitted from his govt. May God judge you all.
Why dont you just forget PDP or APC and lets deal with the corrupt persons. Stealing is now corruption no matter which side of the divide the person falls into.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by BermudaTriangle(m): 8:13am On Feb 16, 2016
ionsman:
Some people will call this propaganda. .

Funny enough, majority of them are from a particular region.

Yes, the only region in Nigeria where crime is their first nature. They dominated GEJ's government so am not surprised it turned out to be a government of the corrupt by the corrupt, of criminals by criminals.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by jamace(m): 8:14am On Feb 16, 2016
OlayinkaFawaz:
still, the money never show 4 dia bodygrin
Because they have no peace of mind! Their conscience revolting against them. "Conscience is an open wound, only truth can heal it"

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by free2blast(m): 8:14am On Feb 16, 2016
ZeroTolerance:

The new government that isn't stealing, where are they keeping aĺl the money? No one is seeing it.
Which money, I hope its not the one that have been shared by the last administration?
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by BermudaTriangle(m): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
....*and the propaganda continues while naira. is kissing deeper into the economic mud!

Buhari....APC....collected several hundreds of Billion naira from Amaechi, fashola, Rochas, atiku, Tinubu, kwakwaso, tambuwal.. for the same 2015 poll.

Another criminal from the land of criminals trying to excuse crime.
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 16, 2016
may God liberates Nigeria from this cabals
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by scarred9jan(m): 8:18am On Feb 16, 2016
Ekawu:
These criminals deserve a room in kirikiri

Make them pack them inside only one room abi? I am in total support.
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by scarred9jan(m): 8:21am On Feb 16, 2016
jimharry21:
The only reason i love Buhari is because he is Buhari! There is nothing anybody can do about it. He is too rich ( morally) to be bought or sold. So am expecting some criminals in government to start voluntarily resigning there offices. God bless PMB and may God continue to bless Nigeria!

Make I start to dey dust my cv. E be like say vacancy go dey yapa soon.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by BermudaTriangle(m): 8:23am On Feb 16, 2016
Nbote:
Anoda feast for zombies... How come d EFCC is yet to start tracing or linking anyone to d massive fraud in d budget? ?

Criminal sdvocate from the region of criminals. Are you from Mars or Jupiter ?
Did you not hear of the sack of the D-G of budget whos from the north ?
IPOB wailers wailing as usual. Their sense of judgment has been beclouded by hatred, falsehood, crime and sentiment.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by paschu: 8:27am On Feb 16, 2016
jimharry21:
The only reason i love Buhari is because he is Buhari! There is nothing anybody can do about it. He is too rich ( morally) to be bought or sold. So am expecting some criminals in government to start voluntarily resigning there offices. God bless PMB and may God continue to bless Nigeria!

Even with his fraudlent budget, he's still "too rich morrally" right? You allow yourself to get all worked up because of this media crap that is actually designed to confuse sholallow folks. You are jumping up when you should be sorry for your country and her freedom that's getting gang-raped everyday by the same people who claimed to have all the solution to governance. Folks who think that destroying our collective image and economy with shameless propaganda and media trial is a substitute for evidence-based prosecution. May God save Nigeria from shallow Nigerians.
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by BermudaTriangle(m): 8:32am On Feb 16, 2016
OLADD:

Stop that mad talk! That's how you people run your mouths like untamed patriots calling PDP this, PDP that. Was is only PDP that ruled the country for 16 years at both state and Federal levels? Many of you would never bother to talk about gigantic fraud also penetrated by APC in all the states under their control. Virtually every Nigerian is corrupt including the sycophants that vilify PDP on Nairaland but associating corruption with that party and leaving out APC is not only a sin, it shows how wicked, insincere and mischievous you people are. How come you and your ilks suddenly went mute on Fashola's N78m Website Scandal? What about N300m he spent on Borehole? I can tell you that's just a tip of frauds
perpetuated in Lagos. Was Fashola a member of PDP? Accusing and jailing all PDP members in Nigeria, I can tell you for free, will not rid Nigeria of corruption.

But at least it is agreed that a central government dominated by people from a particular region was a cesspit of odious crime and corruption which is their second nature. The centre showed the way to states. Recollect the famous statement of motivation - "Stealing is not corruption"
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by philips70(m): 8:34am On Feb 16, 2016
ZKOSOSO:

Fat lie, we were not all dead during the elections. The real money both parties spent on the elections was not really much. All these billions we are hearing about PDP and GEJ were not spent but ended up in individual accounts. That's the difference, even GEJ will be wondering about all the billions he's been hearing on his elections. He actually created many billionaires in that election alone which incidentally he lost.
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by paschu: 8:35am On Feb 16, 2016
free2blast:
Why dont you just forget PDP or APC and lets deal with the corrupt persons. Stealing is now corruption no matter which side of the divide the person falls into.

If stealing is corruption, why sack innocent folks (who are yet to be thoroghly investigated) and paint them black on the media just to divert public attention from the worst fraud in our collective history - 2016 budget? Why has not your super-saint resigned yet for throwing his weight of "perceived integrity" behind that fraudlent budget with the intention to launder it and make it look legit to the populace?
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by BermudaTriangle(m): 8:37am On Feb 16, 2016
WOCKHARDI:
I can never support any corrupt practices by whomsoever.
My annoyance is that, up till now, no one is being queried about the 2016 budget that is corrupted. Why not let Nigerians know the people involved or are they beyond reproach? This is starting on a wrong note and if this is the sign of things to come, may God help us till 2019.

But the D-G in the budget office has just been sacked and replaced ? Are you not aware ?

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by blackpanda: 8:38am On Feb 16, 2016
OLADD:

The judgement will actually start from people like u that find it hard to accept responsibility because of selfish reasons. PDP ruled nigeria for 16yrs, there is nobody to blame but u guys. Truth is bitter, but it must be said. You can wail to high heavens if u like!
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by olatade(m): 8:39am On Feb 16, 2016
MY TAKE: LET US ENCOURAGE WHISTLE BLOWING!!!!! In a jiffy, corruption will reduce fiaaasam !!!!
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by BermudaTriangle(m): 8:39am On Feb 16, 2016
[quote author=samcarlos post=42962903]And no one is talking about how APC funded their campaign... Is it from charity or state funds? [/quote
]

IPOB headache.
Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by tiger28: 8:41am On Feb 16, 2016
See looting everywhere. ...damn!!!!!This Drunkard almost finished Nigeria. Meanwhile most of these poverty stricken Children of hate are already foaming in the mouth while billions naira of their future is bring carted away. Get this guys, the woman DG is Onyeka Onwenu. ......now you will hear the "our people " group start wailing about witch hunting while other tribes will be mute. Foolish folks!!

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Sacked Director-Generals by OLADD: 8:47am On Feb 16, 2016
free2blast:

Oh stealing is now corruption in the eyes of a president who said Abacha was not corrupt? Stealing is now corruption according to a president under whose watch N8billion was stolen through TSA? Stealing is now corruption under a president that ordered National Budget to be stolen from national Assembly but for the eagle eyes of Nigerians? Stealing is corruption under a govt where N300m was budgeted for cables in the presidency?Many of you are sick mentally, intellectually and morally.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Hawker Receives Over ₦300,000 For Giving Money To Prison Inmates / Nigeria Military warns Nigerian on Cluster Bombs / Samaila Inusa: Army Offers N1Million Reward For Information On Kidnapped Colonel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.