Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Mother In-law Vs Daughter In-law - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother In-law Vs Daughter In-law (4014 Views)

Man Wraps His Baby Daughter In His Dreadlocks (Photos) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Parents In Tears At The Wedding Of Their Only Daughter In Lagos. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother In-law Vs Daughter In-law by darlenese(f): 11:43am On Feb 20, 2016
Acidosis:

I'm not denying the fact that something triggered the reaction, but that something (action), according to OP, has long been dealt with.

Believe me , the issue has not been properly dealt with , the Op might have warned the mum, but if she hasn't gone to apologise to the wife's mum, then Op has only succeded in sweeping the issues under the carpet!

Bro I want u to see this issue from the ladies angle, if the wife happens to be your sister , how would u react if ur mum informs u that ur sister's mother in law treated her this way when she went to her house!

I am a mother ,I have male and female kids, have looked at this issue from both angle , I totally understand how the Op's wife is feeling ! It will be unfair if we say she is disrespectful without understanding her pains.
Re: Mother In-law Vs Daughter In-law by Acidosis(m): 12:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
darlenese:

Believe me , the issue has not been properly dealt with , the Op might have warned the mum, but if she hasn't gone to apologise to the wife's mum, then Op has only succeded in sweeping the issues under the carpet!

Bro I want u to see this issue from the ladies angle, if the wife happens to be your sister , how would u react if ur mum informs u that ur sister's mother in law treated her this way when she went to her house!

I am a mother ,I have male and female kids, have looked at this issue from both angle , I totally understand how the Op's wife is feeling ! It will be unfair if we say she is disrespectful without understanding her pains.

I perfectly understand your points. OP should work more on his family by settling the issues between the two mothers

1 Like

Re: Mother In-law Vs Daughter In-law by thelish(f): 2:12pm On Feb 20, 2016
Acidosis:
You didn't notice all this before you married your wife?

But some wives get mind sha, refuse to greet your mother in law and even shun her?? Lol, I can't even keep malice with a random stranger or my landlady, let alone my mother in law.

It is a pity that your mom is being treated in such manner. It's shameful.

Why do u just jump at issues without critical analysis? Na so u just be? Especially when it concern a WIFE?
Re: Mother In-law Vs Daughter In-law by thelish(f): 2:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
darlenese:
What exactly did your mum do to her, I'm sure she must have hurt her so deeply , some mother in laws are monsters,

BTW ..did ur mum apologise to her ? Forgiveness is easy when apology is tendered

I hate it when people say .. "Just forgive and Forget " even when the person who has offended u has not changed undecided
God bless u
Re: Mother In-law Vs Daughter In-law by thelish(f): 2:20pm On Feb 20, 2016
Acidosis:

You cannot correct a wrong act by doing wrong...

You cannot respect a mother inlaw that have no regard for your own mother.

The key word there is 'mother,' (forget the in law). She is a mother and deserves to be respected.

U Neva seize to amaze me with ur point of view.
Re: Mother In-law Vs Daughter In-law by Acidosis(m): 2:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
thelish:

Why do u just jump at issues without critical analysis? Na so u just be? Especially when it concern a WIFE?
smh

I posted that based on my own approach to life. As long as you're an elderly man or woman, I will respect & greet you (whether you curse my grand father or not).
If you have any issue with your mother in law, shunning her is never a right approach, especially in the presence of your husband.

I'm not surprised though cos most women feed on malice. Take the issue to anywhere, church, mosque or anywhere you want to go, SHUNNING YOUR MOTHER IN LAW WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTABLE, even if she's known to be a witch.
Re: Mother In-law Vs Daughter In-law by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2016
TheArchangel:
undecidedmaybe you should stop relating with her mum embarassed. But...what did your mama do to her to warrant such behavior? There is no smoke without FIRE. Your wife is really hurt by what your mum did. Plug that hole.
EOD
Re: Mother In-law Vs Daughter In-law by Breadfruit: 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
The truth is that in laws especially from the male side like dishing out medicine which they themselves cannot swallow.
Why did your mum not respond to her mum's greetings in the first place? What did the woman do to deserve such shoddy treatment? Has your mum apologised for her gaffe?
Abi the woman doesn't deserve an apology because she is the bride's mum and not the groom's mum?

That was how my hubby was being advised not to allow me go home frequently few days to our wedding. That a long time should elapse before he allows it.
Now coupled with my busy job, I dont have the free time to visit his folks or mine. So MIL is complaining that I haven't been to see her since my wedding.
I wonder if they ever thought of the fact that my parents too would miss me when they were busy advising me hubby to put a wedge between my family and I.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Need Of A Co-parenting Partner / Is This Right? He Bathes With His 2yrs Old Daughter. / French Speaking And Understanding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.