Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

A Sucessful Prayer. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Sucessful Prayer. (545 Views)

Waking Up Early Does It Determine How Sucessful You Will Be In Life. / Are Rich People The Most Sucessful People In The Society / Habits Of Sucessful Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Sucessful Prayer. by jookco(m): 1:11am On Jul 08, 2009
A SUCESSFUL PRAYER.

James 5:16 The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much

Lets look at why we don't always receive when we pray.

Proverbs 14:34 Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Isaiah 59:1-2
Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

This book of James made it clear that the prayer of a righteous man availeth much unlike the prayer of the unrighteous, the reason why God does not answer most of our prayer is sin, God not does not keep quite when the righteous pray, lets remember Hanna the Mother of Samuel, Hanna prayed and cried and God answered her and blessed her with Samuel, Joshua was surprised when his prayer was not answered Joshua 7:6-11 he wept and ask God why, in verse eleven God said to Joshua wept not for Israel have sinned.

Sin is that reproach that puts a limit in our relationship with God, the prayer of an
unrighteous man does not have the same effect with the prayer of a righteous man, prayer
is a spiritual conversation between you and God so if you are not spiritual minded then
you can never have a successful conversation with God because the bible said in 1 Peter
1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

So many people today pray in vain, though God have many ways of answering our prayers ,
some times the answers tarry to come, but the bible said in Habakkuk 2:3 For the vision
is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it
tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry, God answers the
righteous when he knows it's the right time, but unrighteous man always pray in vain, the
love of God must exist in you in other to obtain anything from God, the bible said in
Proverbs 8:17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

So many people think God is a joker, but that is a pure lie, God is a God of seriousness,
Some people pray only when they need help from God, if you are living this kind if life there
is a true revelations for you today, lets see what Apostle Paul said in the book of
Galatians 6:7-8

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also
reap.
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth
to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Prayer is vital for every child of God to survive, prayer does many things even what you
can not imagine, Apostle Paul knowing how prayer works encourage us to pray all time,
pray wherever you are, prayer is your weapon of war, Epessians 6:18 Praying always with
all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance
and supplication for all saints;
1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

Prayer gives you spiritual empowerment that puts you in control,

Jesus teaches us how to pray in Mathew 6, first he said we should start by praising God,
by saying Our Father in Heaven Hallowed by your name (Hallowed) means Holy, and then we continue by saying May your Kingdom Come, you don't just say may his kingdom come if you are not ready for his kingdom , you should have known that only righteousness can leads to his kingdom, those who does not have the fear of God in them does not want to hear about Jesus coming soon with the Kingdom of God, if your confession is not coming from your hearth God knows so don't be deceived , Paul said in Hebrews 4:12 that God is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Then as you continues praying the way Jesus thought us you say Thy will be done in earth,
as it is in heaven, when you say this you ask that he help you to do his will as the
angels does in heaving, who is going to do his will on earth if not me and you?, as you
continue you say Give us this day our daily bread, meaning give us the strength your
Word today , as you know the Word of God is the bread John 6:35 I am the bread of life, as you continue praying this way you say and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us, its clear here that we must have forgive those who sin
against us if we really want God to forgive us, if we want to be righteous we must not have any grudges against anybody, the bible said in Romans 12:20 Therefore if thin enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head, there is no need of having unforgiving mind, because those who choose to prosecute you for nothing will face the wrath of God, that simply means you need to forgive them be in peace with them, if they need help from you and you are in a position to help don't deny it and leave the battle to God.

Then you continue praying and you say And don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue
us from the evil one, by so doing you are asking God to help you not to sin today,
temptation is simply sin, you ask God to give you spiritual empowerment to overcome the World, to remain faithful to his Word.

You have seen how Jesus want you to pray, he want you to be righteous, he want you to
ask God to help you abstain from sin, he want you be ready for the Kingdom of God.

What do we pray for.

Some of us pray for good health, some pray for money, some pray for all kinds of prosperity and some of us pray to have a peaceful and joyful family other pray for many other things like good job, to have a sound education and to be in a high
position, I can't say the only way to have all this we pray for is through righteousness,
because the bible said the Blessings of God makes rich and added no sorrow Proverbs
10:22 but so many people today will also gain this things through other
means that is not of the Lord without peace of mind, and it lead them to destruction
because they have refused to build their house in a solid rock which is Jesus , 1
Peter I6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many
foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

for you to receive what you need in prayer you need righteousness.

The prayer of a Righteous man.

James 5 : 17-18

Elijah was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it
might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six
months.
1And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

Who is Elijah , Elijah is important because he was the prophet a servant of God who
appeared before King Ahab one of the most ruthless kings ever in Isreal and Elijah said
to him The Lord God of Israel, whom I serve says there will be no dew on the ground nor
rain from the sky in the next few years except at my word 1 Kings 17:1 , did you see
where Elijah said the Lord God whom I serve, Elijah was a pure servant of God and he was in Command over King Ahab, your loyalty to God places you in Command, he prayed and there was no rain ,You can be a prayer Champion, a Champion is one who go and come back victorious.
Until Gods and his Kingdom begins to move you your needs can never moves God, Elijah was a man like us but we don't share the same passion with him , when we begin to share the same pension with Elijah we become a prayer champion like him.

(1) (Reply)

Which Topic Has Made You Laugh Most On Nairaland? / Pls Help: / My Posts Are Always Missing. Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.