Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Bandwidth Almost Exhausted!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bandwidth Almost Exhausted!! (826 Views)

Never Run Out Of Bandwidth On Your Website Again - Switch Over To Unlimited / Now N2,500 Per Year Only!!! Get 10GB Large Space, 100GB Bandwidth & More.... / Now N2,500 Per Year Only!!! Get 10GB Large Space, 100GB Bandwidth & More.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandwidth Almost Exhausted!! by Olajhidey22(m): 10:57am On Feb 16, 2016
Hi webmasters,

Am having a little challenge with my wordpress website http://www.bussydave.com.ng

Its hosted at whogohost, but of recent my bandwidth has been getting exhausted few days from the beginning of the month.

Take for instance, this February, i got an email notification on the 5th of February from whogohost that my bandwidth was almost exhausted...I was really amaze at the fact that a website could easily exhaust all bandwidth space within five days so i contacted their customer care and i was asked to upgrade to an higher plan which i did!

Just yesterday evening i got a message that my bandwidth space is almost exhausted, left with 39.06/39.94

Please i need your recommendation pals...Should i change my hosting provider or keep upgrading?

Average Page View Per Day: 400

I need your recommendation and assistance please!!!!!
Re: Bandwidth Almost Exhausted!! by Afam4eva(m): 11:54am On Feb 16, 2016
You have to reconcile your traffic and monthly bandwidth, that way you will know if truly your bandwidth gets exhausted after 3 days or if there's a hanky Panky somewhere. Tell us, what's your traffic like? Also tell us the plan you're running on whogohost.

1 Like

Re: Bandwidth Almost Exhausted!! by Olajhidey22(m): 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2016
Afam4eva:
You have to reconcile your traffic and monthly bandwidth, that way you will know if truly your bandwidth gets exhausted after 3 days or if there's a hanky Panky somewhere. Tell us, what's your traffic like? Also tell us the plan you're running on whogohost.

Am running on pro plus(10GB) plan now..I upgraded from Premium 4GB plan earlier this month to this...

I checked awstats not long ago and i discovered my bandwidth was eaten up by some unknown bots.

How do i go about this?
Though i prevented bots by adding some code to my .htacess file earlier this month, when i first experienced this...So what could be the actual cause then?
Re: Bandwidth Almost Exhausted!! by Afam4eva(m): 4:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
Olajhidey22:

Am running on pro plus(10GB) plan now..I upgraded from Premium 4GB plan earlier this month to this...

I checked awstats not long ago and i discovered my bandwidth was eaten up by some unknown bots.

How do i go about this?
Though i prevented bots by adding some code to my .htacess file earlier this month, when i first experienced this...So what could be the actual cause then?
You may need to blacklist the IP addresses associated with the bots. You may also need to add a captcha in your blog comments. It's obvious your bandwidth is been run down by unsolicited spambots.
Re: Bandwidth Almost Exhausted!! by Olajhidey22(m): 4:43pm On Feb 16, 2016
Afam4eva:

You may need to blacklist the IP addresses associated with the bots. You may also need to add a captcha in your blog comments. It's obvious your bandwidth is been run down by unsolicited spambots.

But i'm using Akismet plugins....It easily detects spam comments
But about the blacklisting of IP, i've done that also with the help of wordfence plugin

What more have i missed?
Re: Bandwidth Almost Exhausted!! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
Olajhidey22:
Hi webmasters,

Am having a little challenge with my wordpress website http://www.bussydave.com.ng

Its hosted at whogohost, but of recent my bandwidth has been getting exhausted few days from the beginning of the month.

Take for instance, this February, i got an email notification on the 5th of February from whogohost that my bandwidth was almost exhausted...I was really amaze at the fact that a website could easily exhaust all bandwidth space within five days so i contacted their customer care and i was asked to upgrade to an higher plan which i did!

Just yesterday evening i got a message that my bandwidth space is almost exhausted, left with 39.06/39.94

Please i need your recommendation pals...Should i change my hosting provider or keep upgrading?

Average Page View Per Day: 400

I need your recommendation and assistance please!!!!!

Now N2,500 per year Only!!! Get 10GB Large Disk Space, 100GB Bandwidth, Unlimited Email Accounts, Unlimited Databases, Unlimited Sub-domains, Unlimited FTP Accounts and More Unlimited Features with Free Website Migration Assistance, Attracta SEO Tools, Softaculous, Cloudflare CDN, 100% Uptime, 24/7 Customer Support, 30 day Money Back Guarantee. Get all & even more for Only N2,500 per year!

KINDLY CHECK MY SIGNATURE BELOW FOR OUR WEBSITE

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Popular Blogger Clement Ogudu Acquires New Car (photos) / [get] Adsense Acount In Exchange For Wordpress Installation And Customization. / Is Godaddy A Good Web Host? Please Share Your Experience!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.