Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,984 members, 7,828,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion (8756 Views)

Zain Nigeria Finally Dissolves Into Bharti Airtel For $9 Billion / How Do I Become A Distributor With MTN, Glo And Zain? / Mtn, Glo And Zain Printing Recharge Card Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by mreds: 8:58am On Jul 09, 2009
Please Guys don't take it personal
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by nkan(m): 9:10am On Jul 09, 2009
The change of name will never stop until it answers NKAN
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by azubyky: 10:37am On Jul 09, 2009
i think econet i mean vodacom, Oh sorry Celtel i mean V-mobile asin Zain they are confussed people. watch out for the next name it could be vivendi or divendi maybe davinchi
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by dfanthom(m): 10:40am On Jul 09, 2009
i hope they deliver superior services @ reasonable prices! (wishful tinkin') these briefcase businessmen & their tricks; i guess they'd want to get their funds back say b4 the year runs out. so zain subscribers should get ready for very high tariffs & enough dropped calls cos that's the easiest way to make money via telecoms in naija plus the fact that the regulators are not just looking the other way, they are engaged in fisticuffs! angry
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by anishe(m): 10:48am On Jul 09, 2009
I have said this times without number that when next econet is to be sold, all the subscribers would be sold along with the company. Hope this has been taken into consideration in arriving at the price?
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Nezan(m): 10:49am On Jul 09, 2009
azubyky:

i think econet i mean vodacom, Oh sorry Celtel i mean V-mobile asin Zain they are confussed people. watch out for the next name it could be vivendi or divendi maybe davinchi
grin grin
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by desgiezd(m): 11:04am On Jul 09, 2009
I am thoroughly tired of this endless change of name. Present I combine them with MTN and actually it was my first line having acquired it just a few months after they started operations but I might have to give up the line and go for Glo.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by boolet: 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2009
in as much as we the self-revered subscribers can still do all being done with a gsm, NO QUALMS
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Elizza(f): 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2009
Na wa oh!
From Africa to far away France lipsrsealed. They fit take the network to Antarctica sef. shocked
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by azegba(m): 3:25pm On Jul 09, 2009
I'm of the opinion that names are mere clothes that displays the out look. This has nothing to do with the capability of the wearer's performance. Thus they can vary the names as many times as they can as far as such naming does not affect the customers.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by segzicres(m): 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2009
i've suffered.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by nasgrz(m): 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2009
Re branding? undecided re-naming? undecided re-acquisition. undecided,  whatever it is,  i'm happy for common nija call center operators as more and more paintings will be applied to their shops and at least our streets go look brighter and brighter. tongue [flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by BOMANY: 6:06pm On Jul 09, 2009
UPDATE ///// UPDATE

Sorry guys, the deal is off, at least for now. Zain announced that the deal and the plan to sell its operations in Africa is canceled as the two parties disagreed about some points. They did not said the reason of the cancelation but in all cases Zain is going to remain Zain till further notice. By the way, zain's share in Kuwaiti stocks lost about 9% of its price because of this announcement
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by matiltomd(f): 8:42pm On Jul 09, 2009
The network sef na prostitute, lol, just hopping from one name to another, haba!!! grin grin grin they obviously don't give a hoot about the customers, yea right;so much 4 better service!!
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by mogzy(m): 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2009
zain, it's a wonderful world,
whatever the new name it's my netwok 4 life. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by dondigi(m): 8:31am On Jul 10, 2009
I think its good business. You buy, you add value and you sell. At the end, PROFIT counts.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by royalicon(m): 8:36am On Jul 10, 2009
Hoping for better services.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by laurette82(f): 9:27am On Jul 10, 2009
I`ve had my 080231, since 2001.I`ve never even had to do SIM swap,never lost ma fone.

I have never gone to any of their CS centers to logde a complaints,so i really do not care how many times they change their name as long as i keep enjoying the service provided. I dont even keep two lines.

NB,i still have my old econet liberty SIM card,
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Akindamola(m): 11:44am On Jul 10, 2009
Yeah I knew it would eventually get sold. I just knew it. From Econet to Vodacom to Vmobile to Celtel to Zain and now Vivendi. I think I'll buy it next. grin
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Energieman(m): 1:22pm On Jul 10, 2009
Hope this new guy called vivendi has free browsing for me?, one day,the history will go like this, ECONET, VODACOM, VMOBILE, CELTEL, ZAIN, VIVENDI, ENERGIEWORLD.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by Energieman(m): 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2009
Everbody, never worry 'bout that.
As early as 5 o'clock 2morrow,i am going to bath for vivendi CEO called Ko.fa.zu.oh,i forgot the name at river odua for him to sell it to me as early as possible, thank god it is not wickedness but a little charm.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by sleekymag(m): 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2009
I think Zain Africa should learn from MTN, cos i don't suppose MTN is doing poorly in terms of turnover and profit-maximization. Maybe if they were more profitable Zain wouldn't be thinking of selling.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by galatico(m): 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2009
Econet to Vmobile to Celtel to Zain and now, The networks sucks!!!
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by PurestBoy(m): 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2009
Na wa for them oo, Thank God say I no dey use the stupid network
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by GeorgeD1(m): 10:41pm On Jul 10, 2009
maybe I will be the one to buy it next grin
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by chyk91(m): 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2009
Na wa 4 dis network o, b4 2011, it would av bin sold again.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by GeorgeD1(m): 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2009
yes o! i'm already gathering my own ' core investors' to make it happen grin
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by victorkc(m): 11:43pm On Jul 11, 2009
This is the case of a rolling stone which gathers no moss.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by GeorgeD1(m): 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2009
rolling stone! grin
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by shoking(m): 9:53am On Jul 13, 2009
(080231-) FOR LIFE! EVEN IF THEY CHANGE THE NAME FROM 1ST ALPHABET "A" TO "Z" ALL OVER AGAIN, AM STOCK WITH THEM. 0802 is my first love gbakam! Rebranding or no rebranding na them sabi,
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by sedeagu(m): 11:47am On Jul 13, 2009
Zain Denies $12 Billion Deal with France's Vivendi

Reuters
Wed Jul 8, 2009 11:02am EDT

­Zain has denied media reports that it has inked a deal to sell its African assets to France's Vivendi for US$12 billion - although it confirmed that talks are ongoing with various parties. The company is known to have recruited Swiss bank UBS to carry out a "strategic review" that could lead to a sale of its former Celtel division.

"We are discussing, It is a number of companies who are interested in this partnership in Africa, There is nothing specific," the firm's chief executive, Saad al-Barrak told Reuters in an interview. "Partnership means bringing in another partner from 25 percent to whatever in Africa," he said, declining to be more specific.

On the reports that a deal has been done with Vivendi, he said "There is no deal reached and we are not even at this stage," There have been previous rumours that Zain was at least in talks with Vivendi, which co-owns the French mobile network SFR - along with Vodafone.

Celtel was founded by Sudanese-born Mo Ibrahim in 1998 and sold to Kuwiat's MTC (now Zain) in April 2005 for US$3.4 billion.
Re: Zain Africa Has Finally Been Sold To Vivendi Of France At $12billion by GeorgeD1(m): 3:10pm On Jul 13, 2009
they have only just denied. later they will accept.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Afren Begins Oil Drilling In Iraq / The story behind MMM Zimbabwe and Nigerian non-participants' intents. / Name Search Is Free, So Why Are Nigerian Banks Charging 5000 Naira For It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.