Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,663 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Is Tin Can Port Congested? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Is Tin Can Port Congested? (1063 Views)

Tokunbo Toyota Camry 2008 - Apapa Tin-can Port Clearing - From Usa / 2001 Mazda Tribute: Just Cleared From Tin Can Port: Strong And Very Reliable / 2003 Mazda Tribute: Just Cleared From Tin Can Port: Strong And Very Reliable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Tin Can Port Congested? by Aks(m): 9:46am On Jul 08, 2009
Hi guys,

what is the state of port? i'm expecting a car from US (VESSEL IS REPUBBLICA DI ROMA) which is slated to arrive last week but up till now the ship has not berthed. i called the shipping agent in US who told me that the ship is on our waters but seems there is congestion thus cannot offload. anybody with a useful information to confirm this claim can drop a hint. IT'LL be nice to get a good response on it. INSPIRED, VIPERMAN, EMESHOT AND all auto dealers should pls help.
Re: Is Tin Can Port Congested? by dantitiki(m): 10:03am On Jul 08, 2009
Truly there's a congestion, and with this, the efficiency of the customs has depreciated drastically.
Due to these delays, our containers at the lagos port has totalled 9nos.
This has lasted for about 3weeks now as we've been promised just 3nos. containrs by this weekend.

It's not just you my bro, just be patient.

Kind regards.
Re: Is Tin Can Port Congested? by Aks(m): 10:17am On Jul 08, 2009
@Dantiki, thanks for the prompt response

will like to hear from more guys on this
Re: Is Tin Can Port Congested? by prosperup(m): 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2009
It is true that nigerian ports are congested at this time.
I believe it is because many people now feel safe bringing their goods to Nigeria than Benin republic.
The introduction of ASYCUDA and E-Payment by the customs has restored some confidence.

Moreso,the customs are seeing to achieve 18hrs max clearance of goods.
So don't worry AKS you goods will soon be cleared.

Piece of advise though:
Don't just be calling your agent in the US.Get a reliable agent in nigeria who will clear your goods.

@dantitiki, which port are u using.
Have your containers been scanned?
Re: Is Tin Can Port Congested? by Aks(m): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2009
Thanks bro for the piece of advise, my agent called me 30 mins ago that the vessel actually landed yesternight and he has started work on the clearing.

(1) (Reply)

Sold .... Sold >>>>>>>>> Used 2003 Kia Optima - Well Maintained / 2004 Honda Element(toks) 1.75 / Nissan Maxima 1998 550k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.